Alright Bold owners, .154 .158 .161 & .162 should be seen soon.
    I've been hearing of these more current builds. Some who have experience with .154 are apparently reverting back to .147/.150. Anyone hear any feedback from any of the higher builds?
    09-28-08 08:08 PM
    Oh yeah, you can now add .164 to that list also.
    09-28-08 08:44 PM
    totaly normal when you update your OS , just send your service book again and the internet option will come back

i am about to install the .147 , i hope the best
    Thanks bro. I had kinda jumped the gun on that one, I posted too soon after an install. Once I sent my service books it worked. like a charm!
    09-28-08 10:20 PM
    are there still problems with severe memory leaks?
    09-28-08 11:54 PM
    Thanks bro. I had kinda jumped the gun on that one, I posted too soon after an install. Once I sent my service books it worked. like a charm!
    no problem
    09-29-08 05:11 PM
    I lost all my ringtones after upgrading my Rogers Bold to .147 (they all sound the same "beep beep beep"). Anyone else getting this?

How do I send my service books? I wonder if that will fix it.
    09-29-08 05:57 PM
    i had that problem from my previous update on my curve, i had to do all the ringtones again bu not with the bold..
    09-29-08 06:49 PM
    can someone upload the file from rapidshare? Thanks
    09-29-08 10:30 PM
    i got my bold on o2-uk and upgraded yesterday to 4.6.147. everything seems fine, except for the ringtones. i have all the ringtones there but most of them have been duplicated twice... anyone else had this problem? if so how would I delete the duplicate tones?
    thanks.
    09-30-08 04:22 AM
    Welcome to CB Scott... I don't have an immediate answer to you question I'm afraid, as I am still waiting for my Bold to arrive from O2!

What version of the OS did yours initially come with, can I ask?
    09-30-08 05:41 AM
    just wondering, is there a database of previous OS versions? I'm keen to try 126 because some people say the bold doesnt randomly crash using it! Mine keeps crashing
    09-30-08 03:49 PM
    i got my bold on o2-uk and upgraded yesterday to 4.6.147. everything seems fine, except for the ringtones. i have all the ringtones there but most of them have been duplicated twice... anyone else had this problem? if so how would I delete the duplicate tones?
    thanks.
    Hi Scott, I upgraded from .092 to .147 straight away, dont have the problem you describe above
    09-30-08 04:14 PM
    just upgraded from 126 to 147 today. one improvement I've noticed is when playing video files the audio out of sync issue has been solved. it was particularly problematic when skipping on video and the audio is at least 5 seconds slower. now I can skip without any problem. well done!
    10-01-08 06:29 AM
    If I installed this update would it overwrite the O2 branding on my device and replace it with Orange France?
    10-01-08 12:40 PM
    Not if you remember to delete the vendor.xml file first, as per the upgrade instructions.

Have fun... and welcome to CB!
    10-01-08 12:45 PM
    Thank you!

I'm all new to this, after coming over from a very defective HTC Diamond I am impressed with the bold, though not having to press buttons three times to get a letter will take some getting used to.

Is .147 much of an improvement over the O2 shipped .134?
    10-01-08 01:04 PM
    Others may not agree, but as I only got mine yesterday, I plan to stick with .134 for the time being, unless I experience any real problems... and just in case I do have to return it, for any reason!
    10-01-08 01:40 PM
    I would like to make my contribution.....

I have a faster link to the latest stable firmware without the slow blackberry site, choice of hosts when the page is loaded. Link is in signature....

At time of writing the page is still transferring the file to rapidshare and the like, so it may take a wee while but should hopefully be faster and easier.

EDIT: ok that didn't work......

Anyone want to post it for me? I will pm?
    10-01-08 02:03 PM
    i don't mind uploading to rapidshare if it'll help people out, would it be ok to post the link as text but with hxxp instead of http?
    10-01-08 04:15 PM
    I think without the HTTP bit would work....

sharebee.com/ef5acfe8

Sorry I can't directly link, just with me being new and all.....
    10-01-08 07:30 PM
    I upgrade mine to .147 yesterday, but one thing strange, I bought mine from t-mobile germany, and nothing changed. It still have the same theme after I upgrade mine. I was hoping after
    The upgrade I could see the original bold without carrier. I deleted too vendor.xml. Any ideas how to rest from certain vendors?

Thanks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-02-08 08:13 AM
    Well didn't you do a restore after the upgrade? That'd explain your theme and vendor being the same as that prior to the upgrade. If you don't want the original vendor in there then you'll have to delete it out of your backup folder. Sorry, haven't gotten that far (as I never needed to) so I can't help you there.

Last edited by JoJo78; 10-02-08 at 08:33 AM.
    10-02-08 08:30 AM
    I did a restore but even before the restore the t-mobile themes are still there, shall I perhaps delete
    The whole content of apploader first?

10-02-08 08:54 AM
    just upgraded from 126 to 147 today. one improvement I've noticed is when playing video files the audio out of sync issue has been solved. it was particularly problematic when skipping on video and the audio is at least 5 seconds slower. now I can skip without any problem. well done!
    That would be a great advantage for me to upgrade. I was watching Dancing with the Stars which my daughter found on some website and downloaded for me. Don't laugh! I love the show!

However, it has played the video (really clear pics) but the sound is about 4-5 secs ahead of the action and its so jumpy its hard to listen to. So I might just do the upgrade for that reason.
    10-02-08 09:19 AM
    Damn! I attempted to upgrade via USB via my laptop's port replicator.

MASSIVE FAIL.

Sure the thing upgraded, then it just plain refused to allow me to subsequently restore settings and apps.

It be hosed.

JL Cmder to the rescue.

Were this any other type of device but a Blackberry (backed by this excellent forum) I'd have been crying big style!!

10-03-08 05:55 AM
87 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD