I can't duplicate the white screen. Do you think it's because I have the second press set to select the current option rather than close QL?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-05-09 02:45 AM
    I also have "select" the item and it works.From time to time I get the white screen.

12-05-09 09:23 AM
    Sorry, I typed that wrong. What I meant was that the opposite convenience buttom on mine is select. So pressing twice makes the menu appear and then disappear, with no white screen. To recreate the whit screen issue, I'd have to press the QL button and then the other convenience quickly in succession. When I switch them I see what you guys are talking about.

12-05-09 02:09 PM
    I just bought QL and I'm generally happy with it. But some third-party apps just don't open with QL. Any suggestions? Thanks, Arnie

12-06-09 04:27 AM
    Just out of curiosity, why did you take the clock out of the 5.0 version. Also, Media doesn't seem to be working with 5.0 either.
    12-06-09 04:34 AM
    Hi,

I purchased Quicklaunch (through Mobihand) for my 8900, but just got a Bold. Do I have to re-buy it? On my Mobihand page, it only has a link for the 8900 version (2.12.3 i believe) and nowhere to upgrade or anything.

Thanks
    12-08-09 07:39 AM
    sounds exciting!!!
    12-08-09 06:46 PM
    reading through these threads...has anyone found a fix to this problem?
    12-17-09 08:20 PM
    reading through these threads...has anyone found a fix to this problem?
    The answer was on page 5.

All bb screens have a white background by default. Quicklaunch is a popup screen so the white default screen is generated and then immediately hidden before the menu popup is displayed. the hiding is done actually before it is displayed. The white screen is not happening when you hit a convenience key. It is happening if you hit it twice quickly. If you hit it twice quickly while the bb is busy doing it's normal memory inefficient tasks such as spazzing out, checking email or cleaning up garbage then it's slowed down causing ql to display the menu before the second press is registered. if you launch an app that is already running the bb os will bring it to the foreground. so you press the key, ql is displayed, tells os to hide the white, os is lagging, 2nd keypress is registered, os ignores ql's request and white screen is brought to foreground.

been working on this for 8 months. havent figured out a way yet.
    Last edited by digitalb0y; 12-17-09 at 08:37 PM.
    12-17-09 08:35 PM
84 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD