My WN802T-V2 and my BlackberryBold(9000) do not get along. All the other notebooks, ipods and my wii have no difficulty using my WN802T-v2. My Bold can use my older HE102 Access point without issue (802.11 a). I have also used my bold in several hotels (802.11 b/g).

My bold will associate with the WN802T-v2 and obtain an ip address. I can ping for long periods of time, but once I start to use the internet from my bold, the bold wifi networking will "hang" and I can no longer ping. If I turn-off the wifi radio in the bold wait and turn it back on, I will be able to ping again.

The security setting on my WN802T-V2 is currently set for wpa-psk & wpa2-psk, but no matter what option I use, including open, the bold behaves the same. I have set the WN802T-v2 to 802.11ng; bg and b with out success.

The firmware on the WN802T-v2 is WN802Tv2_V3.1.1.

I've been unable to determine if this is an issue with the WN802Tv2 or the Bold since both devices operate well with other devices, just not with each other.

Any suggestions?
    David
    02-28-10 04:43 PM
    I have the same problem with my Netgear router. I think the Bold has problems whenever router security is enabled. I've Googled this topic, and it's the only thing I've found in common. My Bold works fine at public wifi spots that have no security enabled. I think Rim blew it on WiFi, and has no clue what is wrong. If you contact Rim or your carrier, it's like they never heard of this issue, but it's all over the net.
    02-28-10 07:24 PM
    My Bold will connect to a wep and wpa router no problem. what device firmware is your Bold running?
    02-28-10 10:06 PM
    MY Carrier is AT&T, the OS on my Bold 9000 is v4.6.0.304.

I'm able to run encrypted wi-fi everywhere else that I've tried. I'm only having issue with the NetGear WN802T-v2. On the NetGear WN802T-v2 even running open without encryption does not work.

On the Netgear I can run pings and dns lookups, but when I run other apps that use the wifi, the wifi "send/recieve" icon will flash a few times and after a minute or so the wifi icon will change from white to transparent/gray.
    03-01-10 08:20 AM
    I have the same problem with this unit.
    I set the WEP to 128.
    I am using Bold9000 OS5.0.411.
    The Bold logs-in to the router but the WIFI indicator stays gray.
    I never had this problem with an older version of a Netgear access point with the same security.
    Some have said to change the security level but you seem not to have been successful.
    Wish I had an answer too.
    This is a Bold problem since in my case there is a good login to our PC's.
    03-01-10 04:39 PM
    My Bold will connect to a wep and wpa router no problem. what device firmware is your Bold running?
    im the same set up as gmpblack... works fine here! with 128 bit Wapkey
    03-01-10 05:22 PM
    im the same set up as gmpblack... works fine here! with 128 bit Wapkey
    So, the jury is still out
    03-01-10 07:36 PM
    On the Netgear WN802T-v2, I made the following changes.

In configuration->wireless-> advanced->Wireless Settings
    - I turned off 802.11d

In configuration->wireless-> Basic->QOS
    - I turned off WMM PowerSave

My Bold phone has been using the wi-fi for 5 minutes.

Now I have to see what other devices may have been impacted.
    Last edited by dmarshx; 03-03-10 at 02:18 PM. Reason: unclear what device to make setting changes
    03-02-10 11:07 AM
    In configuration->wireless-> advanced->Wireless Settings
    - I turned off 802.11d
    In configuration->wireless-> Basic->QOS
    - I turned off WMM PowerSave
    i can not find where you did this.
    What OS do you have?
    On OS5.0.0.411 there are no advanced config on wifi that i can find
    03-02-10 08:38 PM
    i can not find where you did this.
    What OS do you have?
    On OS5.0.0.411 there are no advanced config on wifi that i can find