I just recieved my new Blackberry Bold from AT&T (old one had some major issues) and I have lost VVM. Is there any way to get that back since AT&T has pulled the newest OS?
    Yeah just download any other OS that has VVM, most likely .282 and then just have it provisioned to your phone. I'm pretty sure people have gotten this to work.
    09-12-09 11:57 AM
    I'm actually running .266 and yes VVM works fine on this OS. It should work fine on .282

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-12-09 01:19 PM
    I think AT&T removed .297 because it's causing trouble everywhere!
    09-12-09 09:40 PM
    just experienced a major leakage with this OS. Went down to 14mb from 21mb???
    09-13-09 05:04 PM
    Well, looks like I have the random reboot problem with this buid. In the last week it has random reset twice. Don't know if the holster is causing this problem or not

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-13-09 09:49 PM
    Count me as another one how downgraded. I just finished dropping back to .282 from .297. (I had been using .266 before but thought I'd jump up to .282 since it got pretty good reviews.)

The new OS was okay, but battery life was absolutely HORRIBLE. With .266, I could easily go all day, maybe a day and half, and still have maybe 20% left. With .297, I couldn't go a half day without it going red. And this was using it exactly the same way I did before the upgrade.

For example, last night I went to bed having fully charged the phone. I used it for maybe 30 minutes before falling asleep, so I didn't charge it. When I woke up this morning, the battery was in the red. It wouldn't ever come CLOSE to doing that before.

I may give up a little bit of app memory, but that's no big deal for me in exchange for the battery life improvement I expect.
    09-14-09 12:45 PM
    [QUOTE=JoeyDee;3573944]I am not able to install the latest version? I deleted the Vendor.xml and here's what i get.

Did have the same outcome when installing through DM 5.0, JL commander wipped off and reinstalled. Working with no bugs since 3 weeks ago.
    09-14-09 03:44 PM
    just experienced a major leakage with this OS. Went down to 14mb from 21mb???
    I had the same issue when i first upgraded, i closed all apps except for one and check each one over a period of 2 hours for memory leaks. None of my 3rd party apps were causing the leakage. Turns out is was a theme that was rock solid on .282 for some reason had a humongous leak on .297

I can stay above 45MB for about 3-4 days now even with the apps that i run that stay open, been about 2 weeks now and .297 has been the most solid OS i've been on.

Count me as another one [who] downgraded. I just finished dropping back to .282 from .297.

The new OS was okay, but battery life was absolutely HORRIBLE.
    Again, as above, my memory leakage corresponded to battery drainage for some odd reason, but once i weeded out the troublesome programs/themes it went to being one of the best OS's i've had.
    09-14-09 08:19 PM
    [I] Did have the same outcome when installing through DM 5.0, JL commander wipped off and reinstalled. Working with no bugs since 3 weeks ago.
    Your still using JL_Commander? Try out BBSAK v1.5
    09-14-09 08:28 PM
    I am using BB Bold and I can write Korean but a receiver can not read it.
    What is wrong?
    09-17-09 05:23 PM
    Mac user here, was having issues syncing due to DT for Mac , had to wipe and try that step, so I found a copy of .297 (thanks Tronx) and after the wipe did an upgrade--with a Win laptop No issues so far, working great. Was having some major memory leak problems with the .167 software, couldn't find the problem, so since the wipe two days ago, have been adding apps back in slowly to find out which has an issue, will post back if I find any in particular. After a reboot, usually have about 42-46M of memory, which will then drop over several hours to about 36-37ish. Then for whatever reason, it will move back up about 2M and sit there. Haven't seen any battery issues, besides being in a bad 3G area yesterday and having it run down somewhat quickly--was dead after about 10hrs of medium usage. Haven't seen any random reboots yet which I was getting all the time with .167, mostly likely because of the mem leaks. Have not touched the VVM since there are supposedly so many issues with it. I will keep track over the next few days and post back any findings. Have a good weekend all.
    09-18-09 12:07 AM
    Mac user here, was having issues syncing due to DT for Mac , had to wipe and try that step, so I found a copy of .297 (thanks Tronx) and after the wipe did an upgrade--with a Win laptop No issues so far, working great. Was having some major memory leak problems with the .167 software, couldn't find the problem, so since the wipe two days ago, have been adding apps back in slowly to find out which has an issue, will post back if I find any in particular. After a reboot, usually have about 42-46M of memory, which will then drop over several hours to about 36-37ish. Then for whatever reason, it will move back up about 2M and sit there. Haven't seen any battery issues, besides being in a bad 3G area yesterday and having it run down somewhat quickly--was dead after about 10hrs of medium usage. Haven't seen any random reboots yet which I was getting all the time with .167, mostly likely because of the mem leaks. Have not touched the VVM since there are supposedly so many issues with it. I will keep track over the next few days and post back any findings. Have a good weekend all.
    FYI, I've had VVM since this OS first came out and have not had any issues with it whatsoever. You must first set up your account and then initialize it on your phone. It's a much better and quicker way to get voicemails!
    09-18-09 06:51 AM
    FYI, I've had VVM since this OS first came out and have not had any issues with it whatsoever. You must first set up your account and then initialize it on your phone. It's a much better and quicker way to get voicemails!
    Good to know, maybe I'll give it a shot. BTW, my last post was talking about my memory situation, and last night I had to DL App World to get one of my old programs, and today, my memory was continually falling. I was 2-3M under what I have seen all week and still falling, so I uninstalled App World (doesn't require restart) and my memory went back up a little, then has been remaining steady. Will be slowly putting more and more back in, and will post if I find any issues. I know I read a few place in the forums where people said it has caused issues, an still seems to be for me.
    09-19-09 03:29 PM
    So I've been on the .297 (original) software for about a week now, and most things have gone well. Re-installed most of my apps, besides app world and Facebook since those have some known issues. Have been trying out BerryBuzz, not sure if that has anything to do with my issues now, but here is what is happening.

First thing that started this week was custom ringers for email accts. One started swapping sounds with another. Was really weird, would go to profiles, set them both back to correct, then at some point they would just change. Sometimes it was one acct, sometimes both. I never had the sounds used differently since I set them, they were always Python's "message for you" from the Holy Grail and a BB_Inspired sound I found somewhere. Today it was actually changing them right as I did, in other words, I changed my @mac address In Holster setting, went to the @gmail settings and it was exactly the same. Deleted the service books, resent, didn't seem to work. So I went to the email set up, deleted one of the accounts (found that until I restarted BerryBuzz didn't lose the deleted acct). That didn't seem to do it either, so I deleted all the email service books, then resent. Deleted BerryBuzz as well, which totally screwed up all of my profiles, but that took care of the complete problem. I set the @mac acct back up, and now all seems well again. Will be re-installing BerryBuzz to find out if it has issues with the .297, because either that or a problem with Profiles in the software seems to be the culprit.

Memory has been good, went 48 hrs and only dropped about 10-12M one time, have had restarts while reloading programs other than that, so I will be keeping an eye on that this week.

Battery has been good except for when I have been in bad areas for several hours. Can't tell for sure, but it seems that when I am in a bad area, the battery is draining, but then doesn't recover once I am out. So it keeps draining at a high rate even after I am looking at 5 bars again Like the one day I was in and out of a bldg with low signal for a few hrs, and by 6PM my battery was dead, even though I had been out of there since 12 and had good signal the rest of the day. Normal usage for me will wear the battery down, but not til midnight most days, so a few hrs of mediocre signal shouldn't kill it that fast. I will post back if I can confirm that it actually happens that way, and may also have to try switching to full 2G only in the Options.

Also setup the VVM this week on Thursday, has been flawless so far, just have to get used to hitting delete on the keyboard instead of 77.

If I continue to have any of these issues, I may try the "new" or re-released version At&t has put out.
    09-26-09 03:25 PM
639 ... 242526
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD