So after looking at a lot of different mounting options for my Bold in my car, I settled on the ProClip system, which is a mount that is different for each make of car. It makes use of the gaps between panels on the dash to find a good place to mount your Bold. I really liked the placement of the mount for my make of car - it's easy to see without looking off the road. I also admire the ingenuity of the system and didn't want to attach anything to a vent. So I dug into my pocket and shelled out for it.

It cost a LOT of money - about USD$65 - but I decided to go ahead and splurge, since I don't really buy apps or fancy parts to modify my phone.

I know this is not the right choice for everyone, but I really love the way it turned out.

Here are some pictures if you want to take a look.
    04-14-09 06:24 PM
    Looks pretty good to me KB.

What's the method to attaching it to the
    dash? It's not something sticky is it?
    04-14-09 06:30 PM
    Looks pretty good to me KB.

What's the method to attaching it to the
    dash? It's not something sticky is it?
    It's hard to show, but it had angled clips that snap into the gaps in your car's dash on left and right sides. It literally snaps in once you use a little tool to open the gaps a bit - temporarily. It also has little sticky pads, but the manufacturer swears that it leaves no residue. I do believe.
    04-14-09 06:35 PM
    It's hard to show, but it had angled clips that snap into the gaps in your car's dash on left and right sides. It literally snaps in once you use a little tool to open the gaps a bit - temporarily. It also has little sticky pads, but the manufacturer swears that it leaves no residue. I do believe.
    Okay I see what you mean.

But for what reason would you need the sticky pads?

I'm very anal about sticking sticky pads anywhere inside of my truck because I'm a clean freak.
    04-14-09 06:41 PM
    Okay I see what you mean.

But for what reason would you need the sticky pads?

I'm very anal about sticking sticky pads anywhere inside of my truck because I'm a clean freak.
    I totally get that - I have never used anything sticky in my car.

To be honest, I think the whole thing could be mounted without the sticky pads. It's a pretty tight system. But I guess when you pull the Bold up, the mount could move a bit. Could be some up and down motion, since the clips hold onto horizontal gaps. Now that I think about it though, I doubt if it would move. Maybe I should have tried without the pads. It is for sure too tight to produce any forward and back motion. The whole thing feels super tight.
    04-14-09 06:50 PM
    What car do you have?
    04-14-09 07:08 PM
    Thanks for the heads up!
    I've been looking for a holder that does not hook up to the AC vent.
    Did you buy it directly from ProClip?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-14-09 07:12 PM
    Thanks for the heads up!
    I've been looking for a holder that does not hook up to the AC vent.
    Did you buy it directly from ProClip?

Yah I didn't want a vent one, a lighter one, or anything that sits atop the dash.

Bought it directly from ProClip on their website. Fast and easy.
    04-14-09 07:15 PM
    I am ordering one now. They owe you a commission!
    Thanks.

04-14-09 07:19 PM
    looks good Kare Bare
    04-14-09 07:22 PM
    I am ordering one now. They owe you a commission!
    Thanks.

It's pricey though, tell. And you have to like the mounting options for your particular vehicle. I really like where this one mounts.
    04-14-09 07:23 PM
    Wow, if I had one of those, maybe I'd stop hitting cars at red lights while fumblnig with Google Maps!

I kid, I kid.
    04-14-09 07:42 PM
    Wow, if I had one of those, maybe I'd stop hitting cars at red lights while fumblnig with Google Maps!

I kid, I kid.
    I hope, I hope.

I'm just hoping not to spill coffee on my BB. Did it once. Gotta get it away from the cups.
    04-14-09 07:48 PM
    I hope, I hope.

I'm just hoping not to spill coffee on my BB. Did it once. Gotta get it away from the cups.
    Because of accidents like this that might happen, I took advantage of the $10 re-furbished Bold AT&T is offering. Nothing like a good backup phone.
    04-14-09 07:54 PM
    Because of accidents like this that might happen, I took advantage of the $10 re-furbished Bold AT&T is offering. Nothing like a good backup phone.
    Now THAT is brilliant. And way more cost effective. Sadly not available to me here.

But POE - does your phone look THIS snazzy in your truck? That's priceless. Well, about 65 clams.
    04-14-09 08:07 PM
    I really was kidding, I don't get into accidents with my phone (knocks on wood), but I really do want something that mounts it up high in plain sight so I can use it as a streaming radio and GPS navigation system without fumbling for it while operating the car. This looks like an awesome mount.
    04-14-09 08:10 PM
    Now THAT is brilliant. And way more cost effective. Sadly not available to me here.

But POE - does your phone look THIS snazzy in your truck? That's priceless. Well, about 65 clams.
    I've wanted to pull the trigger on an accessory like this but I hate spending money on accessories. Sixty-five bucks seems kind of steep to me. I guess I will have to resort to the cup holder until I give in. And to tell you the truth, if it hadn't been for BerryBuzz I probably would have bought a mount a while back.
    04-14-09 08:11 PM
    I've wanted to pull the trigger on an accessory like this but I hate spending money on accessories. Sixty-five bucks seems kind of steep to me. I guess I will have to resort to the cup holder until I give in. And to tell you the truth, if it hadn't been for BerryBuzz I probably would have bought a mount a while back.
    I know what you mean. I don't spend anything on this phone. Except this.

Why BBuzz? Because you know what's coming in your phone without having to look? Or because the $4 broke you?
    04-14-09 08:17 PM
    I really was kidding, I don't get into accidents with my phone (knocks on wood), but I really do want something that mounts it up high in plain sight so I can use it as a streaming radio and GPS navigation system without fumbling for it while operating the car. This looks like an awesome mount.
    I think it's great. You can check where yours would mount on their site, if you're thinking about picking one up.
    04-14-09 08:18 PM
    I know what you mean. I don't spend anything on this phone. Except this.

Why BBuzz? Because you know what's coming in your phone without having to look? Or because the $4 broke you?
    Because while driving the bright LED comes flashing at the corner of my eye so I know I have a message or missed call.

And if $4 ever broke me I wouldn't have a Blackberry to talk about lol
    04-14-09 08:19 PM
    Because while driving the bright LED comes flashing at the corner of my eye so I know I have a message or missed call.

And if $4 ever broke me I wouldn't have a Blackberry to talk about lol
    Only had to bankroll 60% of your new Bold....

I do love the brightness of BBuzz.
    04-14-09 08:30 PM
    So after looking at a lot of different mounting options for my Bold in my car, I settled on the ProClip system, which is a mount that is different for each make of car. It makes use of the gaps between panels on the dash to find a good place to mount your Bold. I really liked the placement of the mount for my make of car - it's easy to see without looking off the road. I also admire the ingenuity of the system and didn't want to attach anything to a vent. So I dug into my pocket and shelled out for it.
    Now that's exactly what I'm looking for, thanks for the tip.
    04-14-09 09:25 PM
    Looks pretty nice to me
    04-14-09 09:28 PM
    KB, I've been looking for a car mount like this. I'm going to check out that site and see how it fits on my car. Thanks for sharing!
    04-14-09 09:44 PM
    KB, I've been looking for a car mount like this. I'm going to check out that site and see how it fits on my car. Thanks for sharing!
    You're welcome! Again, each make of car will have different mounting options, so the placement will have to be to your liking.

04-15-09 06:04 AM
53 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD