no matter what i do my bold does not wanna update. I have 4.6 os on it currently.. i downloaded 5.0, installed it on my computer.. when i open up desktop manager it says 4.6 update is avaliable for your phone. i dont want 4.6!!! i already have it installed on my phone.. i want 5.0.. is there something im missing here?

thx
    06-15-10 08:52 AM
    yes! i've tried and im relly getting frustrated.. no matter what i do.. when its time to open desktop manager.. it says verson 4.6 is avaliable for upgrade.. is there any other way to upgrade to 5.0??
    06-15-10 12:01 PM
    did u delete the vendor.xml file?? try disconnecting from the internet.
    06-15-10 12:07 PM
    This should solve it.

OR

Have a look at the link in my signature ( Any OS Upgrade Procedure ) . . it sure helped a lot
    06-15-10 01:18 PM
    nothing is working!!!
    06-16-10 09:36 AM
    Steps :
    1- download the OS
    2- Install the OS on your PC
    3- Open C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader
    4- Delete Vendor.xml
    5- Click on loader.exe

Next next next next and you're done
    06-17-10 07:20 AM
    nothing is working!!!
    this is strange !

have you tried to uninstall the OS installed on your PC and delete the folder (AppLoader) where you've found the vendor file, restart PC and installing the OS again > delete the vendor file ?

Then run loader.exe or CrackMem
    06-17-10 07:46 AM
    Try what Ahmed say if it didnt work , try changing you DM Version ..
    06-17-10 07:57 AM
    Try what Ahmed say if it didnt work , try changing your DM Version ..
    True . . this might be the problem too

BB DM 5.0 > BlackBerry - BlackBerry Desktop Software - BlackBerry Software at BlackBerry.com
    06-17-10 08:00 AM
    i have tried everything you guys are telling me and i appriciate your help but no matter what i do nothing works... i tried uninstalling 5.0 os from my computer then deleting the app loader folder then restarting computer then installing 5.0 again and when i click loader.exe.. i click next next next... and it goes to "choose applications that are to be installed or removed" theres a bunch of apps there. nothing says OS 5.0.. so i click next and it says "no actions are required" this is really pissing me off
    06-17-10 09:13 AM
    The only way I have been able to update mine successfully is with crackmem.
    If I dont use Crackmem, it only shows the supported updates from the carrier I guess and this is 4.6 only.

I use Crackmem and works like a charm

I DL the update and run if from the desktop. then go into crackmem to do that process then open the Desktop manager and the update is then there.
    06-17-10 09:18 AM
    . . . . . . . . . . . i tried uninstalling 5.0 os from my computer then deleting the app loader folder then restarting computer then installing 5.0 again
    Have you also tried BBSAK or CrackMem instead of the '' loader '' method ?

When you install the OS again, run CrackMem and select your OS then click on '' Wipe Device ''

if you've also tried that . . . well, I'm afraid I can't help

sorry
    06-17-10 09:18 AM
    No one told you to delete the App Loader folder, but to delete the "Vender.xml" file inside of the App Loader folder. Did you type a Typo in your last post, or did you actually delete the "App Loader" folder?
    I asked her to delete the AppLoader folder so he/she starts from scratch and then installs the OS ( after that delete the vendor file )

This technique has worker everytime and it recognizes that you have an OS installed afterwards
    06-17-10 09:23 AM
    Yeah, I see that I missed that. I have never had a problem installing a new OS to any of my phones, so I'm backing out of this thread. I hope you find joy.
    I do my best and I do find joy in helping others especially when thei problem is solved
    06-17-10 09:49 AM
    FINALLY!!! ITS DONE!!! I FEEL SO OFFICIAL ALL I NEED IS A WHISTLE thx to everyone who helped me out... its nice to no i can count on this board to help me out with any blackberry problems i have.. using crackmem worked like a charm...

thx again i appriciate your guyses help alot
    06-17-10 10:07 AM
    FINALLY!!! ITS DONE!!! I FEEL SO OFFICIAL ALL I NEED IS A WHISTLE thx to everyone who helped me out... its nice to no i can count on this board to help me out with any blackberry problems i have.. using crackmem worked like a charm...

thx again i appriciate your guyses help alot
    you're welcome !

Glad we could help
    06-17-10 12:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD