Hello everyone.

I recently purchased an unlocked Bold myself. Unfortunately, I failed to realize that the service books were not pushed down for the Bold by T-Mobile. This was an unacceptable situation for myself (Opera Mini doesn't do it for me), so I made it my mission to get these things working. I am happy to inform you all that it's working brilliantly so far, and I figured I'd let you guys in on the info.

Here's the overview: What you're going to do is put your SIM card back into your old BlackBerry, Register with the Host Routing Network to make sure you get all your servicebooks (email servicebooks are not important). Then, you're going to save them off via the Desktop Manager and then load them on your Bold.

** UPDATE **
    pltaylor has put together a much better guide using some better tools.

CLICK HERE FOR THE GUIDE

Thanks pltaylor!

-Zaventh
    Last edited by zaventh; 11-07-08 at 09:17 AM.
    10-11-08 05:49 PM
    Thanks for the info. I will try this out on Monday when mine gets here~!
    10-11-08 06:33 PM
    Good info here zaventh. there are some others that have had to use this method with other phones. Like people from Suncom that have 8110 and 8310.
    10-11-08 06:35 PM
    TTT this is a workaround for the T-Mobile service book woes.
    10-13-08 07:59 PM
    can someone confirm this actually works?
    10-20-08 06:45 PM
    What if I do not have old BB?
    10-20-08 09:54 PM
    Wooo, this works awesome! I have my browser and mms back! Thx a ton, dude!
    10-21-08 10:07 AM
    I just got my Bold also, and this works perfect..

thanks alot, man
    10-21-08 10:38 AM
    Ok, I dont know what I'm doing here I'm afraid I may mess something up. help please.... I tried to download the removal tool but when trying to open it on my computer it says I cant open it not sure what i'm doing.
    Last edited by Ms.Coutureone; 10-21-08 at 04:47 PM.
    10-21-08 04:35 PM
    I also cannot open the enable browser v2.rar document, I have a mac and really want to run this program.
    10-21-08 04:51 PM
    What if I do not have old BB?

Same here, is there a way to do it without another blackberry? will the tool work with Mac?
    10-21-08 06:09 PM
    The tool won't work on mac unfortunately. It's a DOS based shell script. I don't even think the BlackBerry Desktop Manager works on mac anyway. The tool is a RAR archive. You can pickup 7-Zip to unpack it:

7-Zip

If you can't get ahold of another blackberry that works on T-Mobile currently, you may be able to manually import generic servicebooks from another device. I've been looking into this for you guys, but I haven't had much free time. I'll try and work something out eventually.

-Z

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-21-08 06:34 PM
    can someone confirm this actually works?
    GO TO PAGE 5, POST #65 FOR STEP X STEP WALK THROUGH

YES this does work. I've been using this method to get SunCom BB's going on T-Mo. If you are not comfortable with javaloader or are a Mac user you can do this by this method.

I will put up some generic T-mo service books you to use if you dont have any.
    Last edited by pltaylor; 11-05-08 at 06:01 PM.
    10-21-08 06:36 PM
    now if you can get email to work on the bold with att, i will mail you a hug!
    10-21-08 06:39 PM
    All you gotta do is log into your myaccount or whatever its called for ATT and resend the email service books. This is such a god send! I'm at work no Wifi and watching youtube while bored!!! I love my Bold!!!1
    10-21-08 06:50 PM
    Ohh and if you for sure got this to work under the "Setup" folder you should see a new icon that says manage internet email, and can resend the email service books from there
    10-21-08 06:53 PM
    All you gotta do is log into your myaccount or whatever its called for ATT and resend the email service books. This is such a god send! I'm at work no Wifi and watching youtube while bored!!! I love my Bold!!!1
    that might work
    Last edited by Mightyjohn; 10-21-08 at 11:06 PM.
    10-21-08 06:54 PM
    Wahht, that sucks Well >.> TMO > ATT!!!
    10-21-08 06:56 PM
    Here are working T-Mo service books. Once you delete the browser install these using advanced restore in DM. Then reinstall the browser.

Attachment 5269
    10-21-08 07:04 PM
    Zaventh, thank you very much for this workaround. This is amazing work.

Question for all those who got this working: Is your GPS working? I can't seem to to get Maps working right.
    10-21-08 09:27 PM
    You're a genius, THANKS!!!! Worked perfectly without my OLD BB
    10-22-08 12:39 PM
    I STILL can't get things going. I did exactly what you said and when I go into Browser options, I only get the HOTSPOT one.. no others.. argh!!
    10-22-08 04:01 PM
    Heck, I dont even Know where to begin and I'm completely lost, is there anyone that got this to work that can walk me thru this....
    10-22-08 04:22 PM
    I will piggy-back with Ms. Coutureone... I need help!!
    TIA
    10-22-08 04:29 PM
    I've gone through all of this several times. I'm able to see t-zones and browser (as internet browser) when i push the browser back on to the bold, but as soon as I pull the battery, re install my tmobile sim and start back up, the t-zones and internet browser disappear and the browser simply just becomes "hot spot browser" and wants to connect by wifi only.

I've noticed that when i put service books onto the bold, i'm putting on 17 of them, but then when i restart with my tmobile sim, there are only 12. The device "registers with the network" automatically. 'Register now' from the Host Service Table and restoring service books from tmo online do not fix the problem.

How do you get the t-mobile browser to "stick"?
    10-22-08 08:51 PM
504 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD