I've updated app world, but this icon still wont go, can anyone shed some light how to remove this?
    08-08-09 03:51 AM
    Check your messages. Its an update notification. Delete it or check it and it will go away.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-08-09 04:16 AM
    i've checked my messages and there are no notification, i've rebooted and done a battery pull still it appears.
    08-08-09 07:19 AM
    It's in your combined (usually hidden) message folder!

08-08-09 07:39 AM
    i've just had the same problem could'nt lose the icon could'nt find message any where deleted blackberry apps, icon gone! had a nightmare reinstalling but finally its all done
    08-08-09 12:58 PM
    i would really like this icon gone
    08-08-09 04:49 PM
    08-08-09 05:01 PM
    There is usually three message folders (sms folder,email folder and messages folder) on the bold. Check them all. And we assure you, you will find a notification you have overlooked.

08-08-09 06:19 PM
    I had a similar issue on my Storm. Managed to get rid of the message icon by searching the folders for "unread" messages.
    There were "unread" sent messages in my sent folder which didn't make sense but marking them as read worked a treat.

08-08-09 07:17 PM
    Yeah, that showed up in my messages folder after I upgraded appworld today. I tried to "open" the message and it locked up my Bold...completely. Had to do a battery pull, but it went away and all is good now.
    08-09-09 12:24 AM
    I had a similar issue with that. Definitely check all your message folders as there is one lurking around. Also check if your blackberry app store is up to date as well.
    08-09-09 12:30 AM
    Easiest way for me is to go into all your message folders and hit the letter "U". That searches for the next unopened message.

08-09-09 12:49 AM
    Make sure App World is closed (or close it fully) and then open it again.
    Go to the My World section. Open it and scroll through your downloaded Apps listing. See if any have the red asterisk which indicates an available Update. If not, double-check your App World version. If not the new 1.1.0.15, then download that, restart your device and try my earlier instructions again.

08-09-09 01:12 AM
    Make sure App World is closed (or close it fully) and then open it again.
    Go to the My World section. Open it and scroll through your downloaded Apps listing. See if any have the red asterisk which indicates an available Update. If not, double-check your App World version. If not the new 1.1.0.15, then download that, restart your device and try my earlier instructions again
    GREAT! This finally worked for me! Thanks..
    05-21-10 01:53 AM
    Does it really matter if you have 1 unread notification that won't disappear?!

If you have this problem then use this logic:
    1 message =0
    2 message =1
    3 = 2 and so on. Its not a biggy

05-21-10 03:11 AM
    Thanks for this I just joined the site as I had the same problem but it was an update for Twitter

So thank you very much
    05-21-10 03:23 AM
    Does it really matter if you have 1 unread notification that won't disappear?!

If you have this problem then use this logic:
    1 message =0
    2 message =1
    3 = 2 and so on. Its not a biggy
    The App World notification is a totally different icon. Most themes have room for 3-4 notification icons up there and the others are not visible on the Home Screen. Most people receive App World updates less than pretty much any other kind of alert, so leaving it there might end up blocking the icon for Twitter, VM, Pageonce, eBay, other IMs, SMS, etc --- you get the point.

05-21-10 11:51 AM
    I know this is an old thread...but for those looking at it....
    That icon means that there is an upgrade for an app that you installed on BB App World. Just open BB App World - go to My World - then look at all of the apps to see which one shows UPGRADE instead of Installed. Once you upgrade that app, the icon will go away.

05-30-10 01:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD