just got a replacement bold and was wondering how to reload my backed up files onto it.

Thanks in advance,

Paul
    09-02-09 01:15 PM
    Plug in your BB onto PC, open up Desktop Manager and click backup/restore...click restore and choose the backed up file..then next
    09-02-09 01:22 PM
    done that but it doesn't appear on my bold. could it be because its a different pin number?
    09-02-09 02:10 PM
    are you trying to restore your data, or 3rd party apps?
    09-02-09 02:24 PM
    i've had a look thru my bold and the data is there but i'd like the 3rd party apps too
    need my themes also
    Last edited by paulo76; 09-02-09 at 02:40 PM.
    09-02-09 02:30 PM
    There is a step by step guide to backing up your 3rd party apps on this website which involves completing half the device switch wizard.

The easiest way is to run the device switch wizard which will backup and restore your phone including 3rd party apps.

If you don't have access to your old Bold then without a back-up created using the device switch wizard I'm afraid the 3rd party apps will need re-installed as the standard back-up does not include them.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-02-09 03:52 PM
    cheers Mark. starting from scratch i shall
    09-02-09 04:21 PM
    There is a step by step guide to backing up your 3rd party apps on this website which involves completing half the device switch wizard.

The easiest way is to run the device switch wizard which will backup and restore your phone including 3rd party apps.

If you don't have access to your old Bold then without a back-up created using the device switch wizard I'm afraid the 3rd party apps will need re-installed as the standard back-up does not include them.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I have managed to rescue my themes and other things i've bought thru crackberry. Went into my acc on the app store, changed my pin then upgraded every purchase i had mate. phewww. Saved a few quid there!
    09-02-09 04:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD