Greetings, I'm new here and new to BB. I've posted these questions in other threads but have yet to get any answers.

1. I'm unable to efectively use this site from my Bold. I've tried wap.crackberry.net and wapforums.crackberry.net but I keep getting an error.

2. Why is the image quality so poor on this Bold. I was sold when the AT&T rep showed me the Speed Racer demo clip, but I haven't seen anything resembling that quality since. Even pics look like crap on this device, so I was hoping there was a setting somewhere.

3. How do I use BBMessenger? Every time I open it I'm told to enter a name, but it won't let me type anything.

Sorry for starting a new thread with questions that have undoubtedly been answered many times before, but my questions in stale threads have gone unanswered long enough. I appreciate any help any of you might offer.

-Good Day
    01-11-09 03:15 PM
    Hey man sorry to hear about your trouble. For the first question what error message do you get? And for the messanger one, do you jave your data plan all sorted out? That was all I could think about. Finally, if the screen is messed up think about taking it back. And have you watched the speed racer video on your bold? How does it look?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-11-09 03:20 PM
    3. How do I use BBMessenger? Every time I open it I'm told to enter a name, but it won't let me type anything.
    -Good Day
    There is no field for the entry, you have to type your name in the same black screen that pops.
    01-11-09 03:22 PM
    Greetings, I'm new here and new to BB. I've posted these questions in other threads but have yet to get any answers.

1. I'm unable to efectively use this site from my Bold. I've tried wap.crackberry.net and wapforums.crackberry.net but I keep getting an error.

Unsure on this one so ill leave it for someone else

2. Why is the image quality so poor on this Bold. I was sold when the AT&T rep showed me the Speed Racer demo clip, but I haven't seen anything resembling that quality since. Even pics look like crap on this device, so I was hoping there was a setting somewhere.

The camera on the device is 2.0 mp so comparing those pictures to the demo vid has no comparison value what so ever, as the speed racer clip is demoing the quality of the screen, if you want to see good quality head over to http : //forums.crackberry.com/f83/omg-bbc-iplayer-vids-bold-excellent-quality-123030 and rip a couple of episodes of top gear and stick em on your bold. quality is as near HD you can get on a portable device

As for bb messanger your aware that its a IM Client for communicating between blackberry users? as you need the PIN on the blackberry off who ever it is that you want to contact before you will be able to send messages.

Sorry for starting a new thread with questions that have undoubtedly been answered many times before, but my questions in stale threads have gone unanswered long enough. I appreciate any help any of you might offer.

-Good Day
    01-11-09 03:35 PM
    Try wapforums.crackberry.com not wapforums.crackberry.net

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-11-09 03:35 PM
    Dot - have you tried downloading the CB launcher? It's the easiest way to get to the forums and a nice little icon to have on your phone.

Do the pictures that come pre-installed on your phone look bad - the sample photos? They should look beautiful - crisp and detailed. If the sample photos look poor, there is no setting to correct - there is something wrong with your phone. If you are talking about the camera, then that's different and there are settings to manipulate.

Maybe you can post back and explain a bit.

I don't use BBM, so can't help you there.
    01-11-09 04:15 PM
    I really want to try cb launcher but I haven't been able to find it. I asked about it in another thread but nobody answered. I just tried wap.crackberry.com and here's the error I get:

HTTP Error 503: Service Unavailable

The Speed Racer clip looks like mini high def, but picture that I've taken with my 8mp camera look like crap when I put them on my phone. And videos that look great on my computer look like crap on my Bold, even when downloading on 3G or WiFi. Do the videos look like crap because they are streaming? If so how can I make them look more like the Sped Racer clip?

And for the BBMessenger, when I open it I'm asked to enter my name as I want others to see it. I enter my name and I'm prompted to open my menu and add names in my contact list, but when I hit the menu key the only option that pops up is "close". If I hit "close" then it takes me back to the "enter your name screen". I feel like I'm going round robin, never being able to add friends.

Thanks for the earlier responses, I hop this clears up my issues for you.
    01-12-09 05:43 AM
    Which version OS are you running? Maybe try updating to latest OS or just reloading the existing will help with some of your issues.

............ and it's wapforums.crackberry.com not wap.crackberry.com
    01-12-09 06:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD