One thing I noticed is that when the Facebook calendar syncs....it shows up in the calendar on the Bold, but not on any today theme.
    04-15-09 11:27 AM
    I'm having some issues with the calendar stuff too. I initially tried it out but it duplicated some of my BB calendar entries (not all). I deleted the duplicate ones but when I google sync it brings them back again. I checked my google calendar and they aren't showing on there. I totally delted the app and it still shows Facebook as an option for calendar entries. Uhhhh what a mess. I can't get rid of this crap!
    04-21-09 06:52 PM
    It creates a new calendar because it does not sync with the default one. On default calendar entries or ones you deleted the CICAL files from service books.
    04-21-09 06:54 PM
    I wish there was a way to remove the FB calendar from the list. I had a ton of issues with the leaked FB 1.5 and the calendar. Had a ton of entries that were "deleted externally". had to do a wipe to get it to go away.

I also use google sync.

Not upgrading to 1.5 official...just yet.
    04-21-09 09:51 PM
    I'm having issues wit it to, I did the calendar sync and only my face book datrs show up but doesn't show up my regular calendars. Anyone have this problem

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-21-09 09:55 PM
    I'm having issues wit it to, I did the calendar sync and only my face book datrs show up but doesn't show up my regular calendars. Anyone have this problem

OMG same here! Anyone have a solution to this?
    04-21-09 10:16 PM
    We need this solution asapppp lol

04-21-09 10:18 PM
    If you want to totally delete the Facebook calendar then go into Options -> Advanced -> Service Books and delete Facebook [ICAL]

Today themes don't work when there are more than one calendar.

You won't be able to sync your Facebook calendar with anything, naturally, but it'll get you back to how your calendar and today theme were before installing 1.5.
    04-21-09 10:22 PM
    deleted facebook 1.5, but it seemed to have erased calendar previews for my today theme. i restarted it many times, but the preview won't show up anymore. the events are still there, just not viewable through my today theme.... any solutions?
    04-21-09 10:58 PM
    04-21-09 11:03 PM
    thanks teek, it worked!
    04-21-09 11:14 PM
    If you want to totally delete the Facebook calendar then go into Options -> Advanced -> Service Books and delete Facebook [ICAL]
    thankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyou
    04-21-09 11:23 PM
    Or go to Setup > Advanced Options > Default Services and change the calendar from the facebook calendar back to your default. This will re-display your own calendar on your today screen.

Stumped me for a while. Took forever for me to get it back. I also did as mentioned above and removed the facebook calendar in the Service Book altogether.
    04-22-09 12:00 AM
    I had this same issue. Excellent work finding a remedy.
    Thanks a lot!!!

04-22-09 12:33 AM
    very nice... i hadn't even noticed there was that issue, but I sure would have tomorrow morning when I looked and saw I had no appointments for the day and left my phone to go play xbox! I miss enough conference calls as it is! Thanks!
    04-22-09 01:14 AM
    Or go to Setup > Advanced Options > Default Services and change the calendar from the facebook calendar back to your default. This will re-display your own calendar on your today screen.

Stumped me for a while. Took forever for me to get it back. I also did as mentioned above and removed the facebook calendar in the Service Book altogether.
    Go to SETUP? Where is that? Setup wizard? In the calender? Thanks!

04-22-09 06:52 AM
    Ok nevermind I got it. I have deleted the facebook cical in the service book list but the damn thing keeps showing back up! How is that?

04-22-09 06:56 AM
    Your facebook app is probably still set to sync with your calendar. Go into fb and go to options. Uncheck the sync with calendar option and then go delete the service book.

As to just setting the default calendar in options, I never tried it. But I never have so many fb calendar entries that I can't just add them manually, so it's easier to just delete the calendar altogether for me.

04-22-09 07:28 AM
    Your facebook app is probably still set to sync with your calendar. Go into fb and go to options. Uncheck the sync with calendar option and then go delete the service book.

As to just setting the default calendar in options, I never tried it. But I never have so many fb calendar entries that I can't just add them manually, so it's easier to just delete the calendar altogether for me.

THANK YOU!!!! This is exactly what helped, after deleting the ICAL under service books, it would re-appear after a battery pull.
    04-22-09 07:32 AM
    It would be nice if Facebook didn't automatically assume it was the default calendar. You're getting cocky, Facebook.

04-22-09 08:10 AM
    where did you find this remedy mate

I played around with settings until I found something that said facebook or fbook or something in calendar. Once my calendar showed back on my home screen I knew I'd found the winner.

04-22-09 08:56 AM
    wow---this is super annoying.

This needs to get fixed ASAP by Facebook. but thanks for the work-around, ya'll.....
    04-22-09 09:51 AM
    It would be nice if Facebook didn't automatically assume it was the default calendar. You're getting cocky, Facebook.

I agree with you.
    04-22-09 09:53 AM
    see i had the same problems, just read about em and fixed them...sweet

but is there a way maybe to have the facebook calendar and our actual email calendar to pop up on the today theme? like combine the two?
    04-22-09 12:39 PM
    Only thing I can think of is that you'd have to sync both separately to outlook, and then have them both sync back to the default BB calendar (whichever one you setup as default).

04-22-09 12:53 PM
51 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD