im trying to install a new OS on my bold so i can get arabic support on it and i am using a mac. so im not really sure how i am supposed to install the OS on a mac since the desktop software doesnt work on mac.
    05-24-09 05:02 PM
    You have to use a Windows emulator and run Desktop Manager in that. You can't install an OS without using the App Loader. Or use a friend's PC. You only need a PC for the OS upgrade, and any PC will do, as long as you can install DM and your OS.
    05-24-09 05:03 PM
    .exe files are windows only...You can run windows on a mac through boot camp or parallels or dual booting...but otherwise you would need to use someone else's PC...I know its a bummer...I too am suffering from not being able to do jack with my BB on my macbook
    05-24-09 05:05 PM
    is there anyway i can put the .exe file on the bb and run the .exe file from the blackberry itself?
    05-24-09 05:09 PM
    No...

.exe is only able to be run in windows. Its an executable program file. No device other than a windows based PC will open a .exe
    05-24-09 05:10 PM
    No...

.exe is only able to be run in windows. Its an executable program file. No device other than a windows based PC will open a .exe
    Linux opens them just fine...

Too bad RIM software doesn't, lol.

Chris
    05-25-09 12:08 AM
    Linux opens them just fine...
    Chris
    If by "just fine" you mean "with a lot of dicking around with software and pulling some non-free libraries from a Windows machine", then yes.

I am all for Windows emulation on non-Windows platforms, but unless you're running something simple (that you're likely to find a clone of on your platform of choice) it's still not really there.

To the original poster: you can install Windows alongside Mac OS on your Macbook if you have a copy of XP or Vista using Boot Camp and some free hard drive space. It's pretty easy. But like everyone's already said, the simplest way is to just borrow a Windows computer for a little while.
    05-25-09 12:34 AM
    ...and they called me crazy when I installed BootCamp and Windows on my Macbook Pro..

Who's crazy now MOM!!!?!? muahahahahhahaha
    05-25-09 10:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD