So... that EN symbol is back it now appears on my bbm and my yahoo messenger whenever im typing a message. It just appears there and I'm typing in english and it was never there before. I really don't know how to take it off, anyone have any ideas? I tried battery pull and i'm using the default rogers themes on it. Pleaseee help last time I didnt really get a clear response.
    10-15-08 12:31 AM
    It might be something to do with the language packs you have installed ...

Although i've not heard of this problem before, so i'm not much help at all!
    10-15-08 02:35 AM
    thats normal isnt it since you are typing in english ?if you are writing in spanish it will come up as Spn or sumthing.... CMIIW
    10-15-08 02:47 AM
    Thing that it seems to be some kind of glitch or something had my bold for a month and it never did this. I switched language one time and switched back to english and thi EN popped up and it won't go away. Nobody knows how to take it off for sure?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-15-08 09:01 AM
    Check if you're not on English UK instead of just English ...

I remember my laptop had a little EN on the bottom bar when i was on English UK ...
    10-15-08 09:25 AM
    Thing that it seems to be some kind of glitch or something had my bold for a month and it never did this. I switched language one time and switched back to english and thi EN popped up and it won't go away. Nobody knows how to take it off for sure?

How much does it bother you??

Not much = leave it
    A LOT = you could try a wipe and reinstall or an OS upgrade depending on what your running.
    10-15-08 09:27 AM
    Just noticed you say its only on BB messenger and Yahoo messenger yes??

Try uninstall and re install via desktop manager of just these 2 apps.

Can you post a screenshot too?? This may help ti identify the issue
    10-15-08 09:30 AM
    You have more than one language installed on your phone. Go to Options Localisation and see how many languages are installed.

To remove languages you need to download the OS version installed on your phone (Options, About and its the 3rd line down) and instal thi son your PC. Once done, connect up your Bold to the PC an run DEsktop Manager.

Launch the Applications Manager, Add / Remove, Advanced and uncheck all the langiuages that you are not using.

If you just leave English, the EN symbol should disapear. You will also get back some much needed Device Memory.
    10-15-08 09:38 AM
    Hmmm, seems like that's all I can do. I reallllllly bothers me a ton.

10-15-08 09:44 AM
    you have to reinstall os or update once you switch languages it pops up and thats all you can really do. That happened to me and i had to update the os there is no other way and its should appear whenever youre like in bbm or the browser basically anyplace you need to type in anything. So reinstall that os and git r done
    10-15-08 09:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD