The pod itself comes with no power cords or cables, does the standard USB cable or power cable just plug into it?
    Yes......
    11-18-08 04:15 PM
    Yes......
    thanks woodyou, i figured as such...

just went to order it, pod costs 30USD and shipping was going to be 40USD

with the exchange rate... that's about $120-130 AUD.

dam global economic crisis - i want a charging pod ):
    11-18-08 04:22 PM
    I love my crome docking station. It was ~$22 on Amazon including an extract power cord.
    12-20-08 07:11 AM
    I have had one for about a week and love it. I did have to ditch my seidio case cause it wouldn't fit but I love the naked bold more anyway

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-20-08 07:20 AM
    The very first thing i bought for my Bold was the chrome charging dock, its not really chrome though...more of a matte silver but its the official RIM one...cost me about �20 with delivery. Second thing i bought for my Bold is the Jawbone 2 headset but not so impressed with that to be honest.

Absolutely love it, the dock that is and i love the bedside mode as well. But i have my Bold turn off at a certain time and turn on at a certain time. The only thing that i dont like is the charging LED that lights up when the Bold is in the dock and is off....is there any way to turn that LED off whilst off and in the dock??.
    12-20-08 07:24 AM
    Absolutely love it, the dock that is and i love the bedside mode as well. But i have my Bold turn off at a certain time and turn on at a certain time. The only thing that i dont like is the charging LED that lights up when the Bold is in the dock and is off....is there any way to turn that LED off whilst off and in the dock??.
    I have that same problem, and the charging light is so bright it wakes me up. I wonder if turning off the auto off feature would fix that problem. I'll try it tonight.
    12-20-08 08:31 AM
    *newbie question*

What about the problem of overcharging and hurting battery life? Does the pod have an auto shutoff feature to prevent against that?

It's the battery that doesn't allow for overcharging, not the pod.

OP: I got this setup and was happy with it until my Bold fell two or three times, luckily I have carpet, but geeez, my heart dropped.
    12-20-08 09:07 AM
    What is the charging LED that is so bright? When my Bold is in the pod in bedside mode, it gives off a soft light for the clock feature. Not bright at all.
    12-20-08 09:46 AM
    You can go into clock options and shut off the LED light.

I have my quiet profile set up for "sleeping time" so nothing wakes me up.

I only have one problem though...it seems my bold is very temperamental and doesn't wanna dim how it should sometimes.

Anyone else run into this problem?
    12-20-08 12:22 PM
    mapimages: I don't think you can shut off the LED on the pod itself, that white thin stripe.

How do you setup a profile for 'sleeping time'? Is that a new feature in OS 4.6.0.185? I am still on 4.6.0.162.

Thanks
    12-20-08 12:37 PM
    Yup the docking for the bold with the bedside mode on, is one of my favorites feature about this phone and plus its so easy to charge your phone just drop it on the dock and your done als looks nicer too!
    Last edited by bcpeg; 12-20-08 at 12:42 PM.
    12-20-08 12:39 PM
    I think map just means that when he is sleeping, he puts the Bold into his quiet profile.
    12-20-08 12:40 PM
    I think map just means that when he is sleeping, he puts the Bold into his quiet profile.
    yes thank you karebare, my wording wasn't proper english lol

ohhh and you guys and gals were talking about the light in the back. my mistake twice. that is helpful and annoying all in the same sentence.
    12-20-08 01:03 PM
    Ahh ok and I thought RIM would have recognize the potential for an improved feature in Bedside Mode: The option to selecting a notification profile when entering bed side mode in addition to the option of switching all network connections off.
    12-20-08 01:08 PM
    Ahh ok and I thought RIM would have recognize the potential for an improved feature in Bedside Mode: The option to selecting a notification profile when entering bed side mode in addition to the option of switching all network connections off.
    sorry man, didn't word it properly

now what you said would be great
    12-20-08 01:18 PM
    mapimages: I don't think you can shut off the LED on the pod itself, that white thin stripe.

How do you setup a profile for 'sleeping time'? Is that a new feature in OS 4.6.0.185? I am still on 4.6.0.162.

Thanks
    Not talking about the LED strip on the dock....talking about the LED on the Bold especially the charging LED that flashes on and off...even if the phone is off.
    12-20-08 01:31 PM
    Not talking about the LED strip on the dock....talking about the LED on the Bold especially the charging LED that flashes on and off...even if the phone is off.
    Go to "Clock", go to "Options", scroll down under "Bedside Mode" and select "Yes" next to "Disable LED", that way it won't flash when it's in bedside mode, whether you get a call or a text or email or anything, no LED until you take it off the dock.

I love bedside mode too, but I was just wondering, does anyone think it could be bad at all for the Bold's screen to be on for like 8 continuous hours every single night? Could that burn out pixels or something like that?
    12-20-08 02:02 PM
    Go to "Clock", go to "Options", scroll down under "Bedside Mode" and select "Yes" next to "Disable LED", that way it won't flash when it's in bedside mode, whether you get a call or a text or email or anything, no LED until you take it off the dock.

I love bedside mode too, but I was just wondering, does anyone think it could be bad at all for the Bold's screen to be on for like 8 continuous hours every single night? Could that burn out pixels or something like that?
    Thanks buddy but having checked my options, its already yes to disable the LED. Which disables the green flashing LED...but the yellow flashing led is the one thats bothering me lol. Even if my phone is turned off, which usually happens at around 12am...shuts off automatically...the yellow charging LED keeps flashing...i dont know if its meant to do that anyways...ill have to check again later tonight.
    12-20-08 02:39 PM
    I have NEVER seen the yellow charging LED when I charge my phone. Never. Which is fine by me. But I've never turned anything off. Except I have the green flashing coverage indicator permanently turned off.

12-20-08 02:44 PM
    OK, I'm getting my charging pod next week and I'm too lazy to dig through the manual. Can some kind soul give me the 25 words or less version of how to set up bedside mode on the Bold? TIA

Click the BB button from the home screen, the choose clock, then select enter bedside mode. Done in 20 words.
    12-20-08 02:50 PM
    I think one of the best parts of the charging pod is that your not continuously plugging in the charger cable just for charging. That way the plug doesn't wear out as fast. just my .02
    12-20-08 02:59 PM
    I think one of the best parts of the charging pod is that your not continuously plugging in the charger cable just for charging. That way the plug doesn't wear out as fast. just my .02
    I agree and I now love using my bold as a bedside music player. I moved my sounddock to a different room and now use the dock/bold combo for simple good sounding music. Might pick up a pair of JBL Creature II's to make it really pop
    12-20-08 03:05 PM
    thinking to get one but i am changing so often blackberry that i dont know if it s worth it.. next.. will be the storm for me
    12-20-08 03:11 PM
    Heres a question... If I'm using the Auto on/off feature to shut the phone off at 11 and back on at 7, and also charging the phone at night using the bedside mode, will the phone still auto on/off? and if so, will the bedside mode turn off as well? Thanks!
    12-20-08 04:17 PM
    Yes, it should. Test it out tonight at 11 and let us know.

It doesn't really shut it off. more like hibernate in a computer.
    12-20-08 05:08 PM
82 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD