For some reason (probably when I resent my Service Books) all of my calendar events have switched to a new Device default rather than the one associated with my main email address. Now they no longer appear on my home screen. How can I change them all back to the correct email address? (This also wiped out my outlook calendar on my second computer in the process) I'm hoping there is an easy way since I have 1100+ records.

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by cavingjan; 04-17-09 at 08:45 PM. Reason: horrible title spelling
    04-17-09 08:44 PM
    You can try restoring a backup.

Out of curiosity, did you upgrade to OS 5.0?
    04-17-09 08:49 PM
    no I did not upgrade. other than sending the service books, I haven't done anything. And of course I will not have access to a backup until next Friday at the earliest.

(On my old Palm phone I would've simply restored from the nightly backup on the card but I don't have that option here.)

I used to have 3 email addresses associated with the calendar and that was it. Now I have an additional Default Device which I can't seem to really use.
    04-17-09 08:52 PM
    Did you happen to install the latest Facebook beta? I think that screwed mine up!

Anyway this may or may not help you. It Worked for me though.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/pro...themes-199991/
    04-17-09 10:28 PM
    Only thing I installed recently was the latest Google Maps but things were working fine after that.
    04-18-09 07:14 AM
    I don't understand why myself, but when ever I send service books or change sim cards on BB's the calendar gets messed up. For the most part I have noticed that most of my events stay where they are just under the "Device Default" and after I sync with outlook the events double up but they are there. There is something in the service books "CICAL" that deal directly with the multiple emails and multiple options for calendar entries. You can choose at your own risk to delete those but they will come back whenever you send the service books. I have not lost anything but I can understand the frustration...good luck.
    04-18-09 07:39 AM
    Is there a way to easily delete all calendar events to start from scratch (once I get back in town and get access to my computer again)?

I'm thinking nuke the entire calendar and resync from Outlook.
    04-18-09 12:18 PM
    This happened to me after installing 5.0. I went back to 4.6 and i just had to deal with it.
    04-18-09 12:24 PM
    For some reason (probably when I resent my Service Books) all of my calendar events have switched to a new Device default rather than the one associated with my main email address. Now they no longer appear on my home screen. How can I change them all back to the correct email address? (This also wiped out my outlook calendar on my second computer in the process) I'm hoping there is an easy way since I have 1100+ records.

Thanks in advance.
    I have exactly the same problem as you. My outlook calendar was wiped and all items are on 'Device Default'! Only items I now add sync with Outlook, so basically I only now have 1 calendar, which is only on my BB and not on my comp!
    04-18-09 01:30 PM
    when i upgraded to 5.0 my calender all turned to device default.. it sux.. havent figured out how to fix it yet.. also whenever i make a recurring event, itd always get deleted...
    04-18-09 05:14 PM
    This happen to me also after installing .266 on my bold. Trying to find the CICAL for the device default but can't find it.
    04-19-09 01:03 PM
    This happen to me also after installing .266 on my bold. Trying to find the CICAL for the device default but can't find it.
    CICAL is at:
    Options>advanced options>service books>scroll down for CICAL entry.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-19-09 01:32 PM
    The only CICAL is for the calendar i want my entries to be under. I can't find the default CICAL and now it won't synch with my outlook because it isn't under the calendar I want it to be under.
    04-19-09 01:54 PM
    tellsells, you've saved me a lot of time - thanks! I lost my today calendar entries once I resent service books following an OS upgrade. One quick search on the forums and problem solved.

BTW - ncbuckeye, when I tried finding my cical service book entries, I had to actually click on each one to see the properties to specifically identify them. In my case, resending the service books gave me identical books for each email address using the notation cmime instead of cical. When I deleted te cical service books, all my earlier calendar entries showed up as per tellsells instructions.
    04-19-09 07:12 PM
    Once you delete those cical entries...your browser will not work.
    04-19-09 08:33 PM
    ooppss....yes it will
    04-19-09 08:34 PM
    i have the same problem. should i delete the cical service books? i dont want to screw up my browser
    04-20-09 03:24 AM
    what does deleting the service books actually do? I deleted mine a while back. They have never come back and my calendar is still messed up!
    04-20-09 03:44 AM
    Ok, the only calendar i have listed... is my facebook calendar. Despite always using facebook... after reading that version 1.5 messed up a lot of peoples bolds... i just deleted it. Thinking that the fb calendar was the only calendar showing... wiping facebook should either reveal nothing at all... or the device default... right? WRONG... facebook calendar is still there even though the application has been deleted. I just want the devide default back. I dont sync with anything else. This all went t*its up when i upgraded to.247. And yes i have gone right through that thread and made posts without ever finding a solution. So sorry to crash on this thread but im hoping to find an answer. I can still use this calendar but i really liked all the birthdays automatically appearing in my device default as they dont appear in the fb calendar.... HELP!
    04-20-09 04:01 AM
    ok so I went to
    Options > Advanced Options > Default Services and from there I changed my CICAL to my original calendar and that seemed to work
    04-20-09 06:50 AM
    Once you delete those cical entries...your browser will not work.
    This is INCORRECT. CICAL has NOTHING to do with browser!
    04-20-09 06:56 AM
    I've had this problem a few times, and it's a very, very annoying one! It's why I no longer 'resend my service books' as the first line of attack when solving email issues (fortunately i've always resolved them using other methods).

My calendar entries were no longer showing up on my home screen after I installed .266 on my bold. The first thing I did was to go to options > advanced options > default services and change calendar (CICAL) to my default email address (in my case it's @gmail.com). This did absolutely nothing, so, I decided to connect my bold to DM and restore my device to my previous backup point (this was done only a few hours ago, before I updated the software). After the back up, I changed my default calendar to my gmail address (again), and low and behold, the entries were now showing up on my today screen .

There is a workaround, and that is to delete the CICAL files in options > advanced options > service books. This will definitely work in getting your entries showing again. However, as they're no longer linked to an email, you won't be able to invite or accept any appointments, but only create them. Hope this helps.
    04-20-09 11:29 AM
    I've had this problem a few times, and it's a very, very annoying one! It's why I no longer 'resend my service books' as the first line of attack when solving email issues (fortunately i've always resolved them using other methods).

My calendar entries were no longer showing up on my home screen after I installed .266 on my bold. The first thing I did was to go to options > advanced options > default services and change calendar (CICAL) to my default email address (in my case it's @gmail.com). This did absolutely nothing, so, I decided to connect my bold to DM and restore my device to my previous backup point (this was done only a few hours ago, before I updated the software). After the back up, I changed my default calendar to my gmail address (again), and low and behold, the entries were now showing up on my today screen .

There is a workaround, and that is to delete the CICAL files in options > advanced options > service books. This will definitely work in getting your entries showing again. However, as they're no longer linked to an email, you won't be able to invite or accept any appointments, but only create them. Hope this helps.
    GREAT INFO. I hope this clears this up for so many people who have upgraded their OS or re-sent service books and have then lost calendar entires on today themes.
    Last edited by tellsells; 04-20-09 at 02:22 PM.
    04-20-09 11:33 AM
    Can somebody clarify for me what you are supposed to do once u have deleted the CICAL file? What is it? ... And what do u mean exactly by re sending the service book? ... I could obviously go to a backup but I wanted to stick on .247 without messing about too much. Too busy right now with work. My defualt email is a hotmail address too if that makes a difference

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-20-09 12:00 PM
    now i know the problem. when i deleted facebook everything seems fine. when i install facebook though, the only entries showing up on the homescreen are the ones sent via facebook (if you notice when entering a new entry, the top most option is "sent via" ) now if its via facebook, it'll show if not it wont. why?? my default services only has my email option. any ideas?
    04-21-09 12:35 AM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD