Can any one out there tell me the differences between these 2 phones? I have read up on the spec's and notice a few smaller things but what is really the big difference?

I plan on using this phone as my corporate job phone where I heavily rely on email. I also like the fact on the bold I can edit word, excel and PPT which will come in handy.

thanks for any advice on the differences between these 2 phones.
    06-30-09 12:54 PM
    major difference is in the screen size, tour has better resolution. the tour also has 256mb ram vs. 128mb for the bold. I do believe the bold still boasts the fastest processor but i could be wrong. the tour doesn't have wifi because verizon doens't like it to. editing word, excel, and power point has nothing to do with the phone. that is based off of the software and im sure the tour will come with that app. anything else just ask, and welcome to CB
    06-30-09 12:59 PM
    major difference is in the screen size, tour has better resolution. the tour also has 256mb ram vs. 128mb for the bold. I do believe the bold still boasts the fastest processor but i could be wrong. the tour doesn't have wifi because verizon doens't like it to. editing word, excel, and power point has nothing to do with the phone. that is based off of the software and im sure the tour will come with that app. anything else just ask, and welcome to CB
    Thanks for the info and the welcome. so it looks like the tour might be a tad bit better since its newer compared to the Bold? sorry for all the questions I just really started comparing the Bold and the Tour today so I havent found all the info yet on both of them.
    06-30-09 01:05 PM
    ^pretty much. And the tour is a little bit smaller, but not by much. Its CDMA's version of the Bold, but without WiFi.

What you can also do, is go ask questions on the Tour forums, and also do a comparison of the devices through Smartphone - Smart Phones at BlackBerry.com
    06-30-09 01:06 PM
    it comes down to what carrier you use. the tour isn't offered on t-mo or at&t. just like the bold isn't offered on verizon. ive never seen or used the tour but i would keep my bold
    06-30-09 01:08 PM
    Thanks guys for he info and links. Looks like the bold is the one for me.
    06-30-09 01:29 PM
    To me, the faster processor and the GSM 3G with simultaneous voice and data makes the Bold a much better option. I don't use my phone for the camera and do not use too many apps on the BB so the RAM is fine.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-30-09 02:34 PM
    AVT - those are the exact reasons I have as well after reading up on both of the phones.

Thanks for the input!!
    06-30-09 02:53 PM
    AVT - those are the exact reasons I have as well after reading up on both of the phones.

Thanks for the input!!
    Glad I was able to help. You will love the Bold when you get it.
    06-30-09 05:13 PM
    Glad I was able to help. You will love the Bold when you get it.
    I placed the order today a couple hours ago thru Walmart/Lets talk. I paid to have it shipped over night so I expect it tomorrow!! Cannot wait!!
    06-30-09 05:15 PM
    Did you get it yet?
    07-01-09 12:04 AM
    I'm pre-ordered on the Tour, but is the Tour the same size as the Bold? I want to get some accessories, especially that Bold charging pod, but I have no idea as to whether they're the same size. More importantly, are the charging contacts in the same place on the Tour as they are on the Bold? TIA for the info...

-B-
    07-07-09 11:05 AM
    The Tour looks like a great blackberry, but it doesn't have wifi. That is very important to me. I wish Verizon would lighten up.
    07-07-09 11:37 AM
    I'm pre-ordered on the Tour, but is the Tour the same size as the Bold? I want to get some accessories, especially that Bold charging pod, but I have no idea as to whether they're the same size. More importantly, are the charging contacts in the same place on the Tour as they are on the Bold? TIA for the info...

-B-
    The Tour and Bold are not the same size. Some "pouch" style cases may work for both, but the "form fitting" one will not. Also, I'm not sure on the charging pod, but I doubt they are the same.
    07-07-09 11:39 AM
    The Tour and Bold are not the same size. Some "pouch" style cases may work for both, but the "form fitting" one will not. Also, I'm not sure on the charging pod, but I doubt they are the same.
    Thanks for the info. That's bad news, but at least I know the answer to the question. :-/
    07-07-09 12:01 PM
    Did you get it yet?
    I forgot about this thread!! Yes I got last thursday and boy do I love the bold!! its an amazing phone and highly recommend it. Glad I went with the Bold and did not wait for the Tour!!
    07-07-09 03:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD