I don't know if there is a thread for this already but I couldn't really find it so if someone could direct me to it that would be great too.

I thought I was getting my Bold last week but I found out that my carrier (TMobile) told me the wrong date for when my contract ends.

So I'm going phone shopping tomorrow and now I'm torn:

should I get a BOLD or 8900??

*i don't really need 3g...
    08-22-09 10:59 AM
    People that say they don't need 3G are people that haven't had a 3G phone. The bottom line is that you do need 3G for simultaneous data and phone use, faster download and web browsing. Go with the Bold because you do need 3G.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-22-09 11:09 AM
    i just ordered a bold from letstalk, should get it in a few days. the only drawbacks to me as opposed to 8900 are less RAM and worse camera. these are 2 rather large sacrifices in my opinion, but i REALLY wanted 3G, and i just like the look of the bold better.
    08-22-09 05:36 PM
    If you don't need 3G than go with the 8900. If you're on T-Mobile as you said, I would honestly wait for the Driftwood to release. It will be well worth the wait.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-22-09 05:43 PM
    my old plan was to wait for the driftwood, as i've been on tmobile for years. then my pearl died a few days ago and i needed a new phone ASAP. the thing is, t-mobile reception can be spotty in my area, and i did not have a lot of faith it t-mo's 3G. although, i must say, my new ATT bill is going to be about $25 more than my old t-mo, which gave me unlimited minutes, by the way. the driftwood will certainly be a better phone than the bold, but 1) is it worth the wait, and 2) are you willing to pay more?

i'm getting the bold for free, and i know that the driftwood was going to cost me at least a hundred or 2 when it came out.
    08-22-09 05:56 PM
    I just picked up my Bold last week. I chose it over the 8900 because of the 3G, the only drawback IMO is the size, the 8900 felt perfect in my hand and the Bold is a little bigger but that is not a big issue.
    08-22-09 06:53 PM
    I own both devices and they are both great. It will come down to mainly 3G like everyone says. I love my Bold, but my 8900 takes way better pictures, is smaller, and lighter. My pics from the sd also load very fast. The Bold has better sound though in my opinion.
    08-22-09 10:55 PM
    BOLD for wifiii!!
    08-23-09 03:52 AM
    i would have to say the Bold personally as well... its the only blackberry with 3G.
    08-23-09 12:32 PM
    Bold, obviously.

I had a Curve in my hand about an hour ago browsing the internet and my Bold. You're saying you don't need 3G? I say you can't live without it.
    08-23-09 01:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD