Hey ok so here's my problem and recently figured out what's up. For the longest time my sound has been getting weaker to now the is none at all UNLESS im in a phone call that's the only time there is any (but not speaker phone, there won't be any sound).

Ok so here's the problem, If i take the battery door off All sound is perfect and REALLY loud. As soon as i ever so slightly attempt to put my battery door back on NO sound works. Like i can even be listening to a songwith the door off and as i put the door back on it gets quieter and quieter until it's almost clipped in when there's no sound at all.

Help? Any ideas how to fix this crap? BTW this is my 6th 9000..... No luck for me.
    01-03-11 01:26 PM
    Did you drop the phone by any chance?

Perhaps you have been unlucky and getting defective units? or refurbished ones?
    01-03-11 03:29 PM
    If your device is still under warranty, you should get it replaced by your carrier.

If it is no longer under warranty, you can try the tips in this thread.
    01-03-11 03:35 PM
    Nope never dropped it, and it's not under warranty

I'll have a look though the tips post when i'm home.
    01-03-11 04:22 PM
    i looked in that thread and that doesn't help my situation :P
    01-03-11 05:30 PM
    Did the speaker problems start after you upgraded the OS? What OS are you currently using?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-03-11 05:59 PM
    its OS 5.0 no updates for like ever. So its wouldn't be that issue.

01-03-11 06:27 PM
    its OS 5.0 no updates for like ever. So its wouldn't be that issue.

Which version of OS 5 are you running?

01-03-11 06:40 PM
    ahh 5.0.0.900?
    01-04-11 02:36 AM
    I know the issue, you basically need a new speaker when you put on the door it puts pressure on the speaker causing it to malfunction
    01-04-11 03:40 AM
    crap.. was afraid of that.

Thanks for your help
    01-04-11 03:56 AM
    Bajanbastard is right.

You see, the thing is with the speaker on the Bold 9000 connects to the motherboard through two little copper tips. They tend to bend after a while and don't make contact with the motherboard. Try making sure that the volume is all the way up and playing a song or sound and pressing the area your speaker is, which is around the camera lens area is. Don't press it too hard to break it though! But if that's the problem, while you press it, the volume should change. You can google this issue.

Here is one of them that could help you:
    Blackberry Bold (9000) Speaker Issue

Hopefully you have a warranty or know how to fix it by opening up your Bold 9000 (Note: If you open up the phone, it will void your warranty if you have one).

I hope this helps.
    01-04-11 04:28 PM
    I also found this on youtube. I just literally tried this and it worked for me:

If it only works for a little bit I will post it.
    01-04-11 05:06 PM
    Hey neat video, but i totally just Macgyver'd my phone and fixed it like an hour ago or so. i figured it was a connection issue and pressure from the plate so i took some electrical tape made two small squares and then taped them in just before the round on either side of the camera plate to keep the pressure off the door and it works!
    01-04-11 05:37 PM
    Hey ok so here's my problem and recently figured out what's up. For the longest time my sound has been getting weaker to now the is none at all UNLESS im in a phone call that's the only time there is any (but not speaker phone, there won't be any sound).

Ok so here's the problem, If i take the battery door off All sound is perfect and REALLY loud. As soon as i ever so slightly attempt to put my battery door back on NO sound works. Like i can even be listening to a songwith the door off and as i put the door back on it gets quieter and quieter until it's almost clipped in when there's no sound at all.

Help? Any ideas how to fix this crap? BTW this is my 6th 9000..... No luck for me.
    I know exactly what this is, as do sooo many other 9000 users. It's a defect. There's a video on youtube offering a solution. I did it and my sound is fine now. YouTube - How to fix - Ringer not working Blackbery BOLD You can have them send you replacements, but odds are you'll have the same problem. I did and so did many others. This silly fix on youtube offers more help than RIM offered me. Give it a try. Hope this helps.
    01-05-11 12:15 AM
    I know exactly what this is, as do sooo many other 9000 users. It's a defect. There's a video on youtube offering a solution. I did it and my sound is fine now. You can have them send you replacements, but odds are you'll have the same problem. I did and so did many others. This silly fix on youtube offers more help than RIM offered me. Give it a try. Hope this helps.
    hey thanks, but i already fixed it yesterday. it's shotty but good enough for me. Don't plan on keeping it for much longer.
    01-05-11 12:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD