I have a Bold V 4.60.126 and I urgently need an app so that I can block incoming phone call, and only accept for example people on my address book.

Has any one managed to do this successfully?

Why dont Blackberry have this feature as a standard facility, it just does not make sense......
    10-14-08 04:13 PM
    you can call your carrier and tell them to block certain numbers. Not sure if this helps with your issue. Also, maybe an out of office setting?
    10-14-08 04:32 PM
    I found this thread and thought it might help.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f61/number-blocking-7438/

Download Black & Whitelist 1.5.1 for Blackberry Free Trial - Black & Whitelist automatically rejects unwanted call or accept only call that added into blacklist/whitelist. - Softpedia

This post was from BerryMan:

Take a look at iBerry Black and Whitelist

iBerry Black & Whitelist is an application which detects incoming calls and rejects unwanted callers who are blacklisted and allows only callers in the whitelist to come through. You can also use the address book rule to allow only callers in address book. Block even if the caller’s number is unknown or private number.

According to iBerry the phone is disconnected in 50 milliseconds, and the application disables the buzz sound before the Blackberry device starts to make that annoying sound. The callers won’t even know that they are blacklisted or NOT whitelisted, they will hear the busy tone or forwarded to voice mail, depending on your phone setting.

Black & Whitelist - Blackberry

Alternatively just call the mistress to say that your wife does not appreciate you receiving her calls
    Last edited by Berryman : 10-29-2007 at 05:31 PM.
    10-14-08 10:09 PM
    I use the black white list app and it is THE BEST. I like the fact that I can block someone to the point where all they get is a busy signal and they can't even leave a message or call back #. Its great!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-14-08 10:28 PM
    Yes but I do not think this works on the bold, has any one tested it?
    10-15-08 03:24 AM
    Yes but I do not think this works on the bold, has any one tested it?
    B&W, it will not be bold ready. Try iCall Mgr lite, it should be bold ready, but some issues like calls getting through. I am helping the developer out with testing these, so hopefully he will have some thing soon. See excerpt from email from developer on iCall Lite:

"All Bold users who sent emails to me have no problem with v1.2.8 and it just work on their phone.

I�ll investigate this problem and use all information you gave me. I may have to send you a new beta version."

So hope this helps!
    11-21-08 10:58 AM
    This crazy, I have sprint and they tell me they can block text msg but not phone calls. I'm just like what good is that if the person can still call and bother you all day? They tell me to just ignore the call...can you believe that? I think that blackberry and sprint are full of **** I spend all this money on my phone and phone bill and I can't even control who I want to all me! What kind of crap is that?
    07-20-09 10:14 PM
    I have a Bold V 4.60.126 and I urgently need an app so that I can block incoming phone call, and only accept for example people on my address book.

Has any one managed to do this successfully?

Why dont Blackberry have this feature as a standard facility, it just does not make sense......

Ive been trying the different apps that block calls. Like Callsblocker which is free and the pay ones like call firewall and advanced call manager. I found that all these app say they will block the number by giving a busy tone but instead they just send the call to voice mail. Which I could always just do myself my rejecting the call. But.. suprisingly the app called Full Screen Caller PictureID has a added feature to either block the number by sending it to voicemail or hanging up on the caller. Ive been trying it for the past few days and it works great. It sells for $15 but I was able to get it for 50% unfortunately the sale is over. Im sure it will go on sale again soon. But if you really need it I dont think $15 is a bad price since it also has other great features. You can try it out for a trial for a week I think. Hope this helps. I do agree though this feature should be built into the blackberry.
    07-21-09 12:03 AM
    If there's a number from which I don't want to receive calls, I add the number to my contacts and then add the contact to a group called DO NOT ANSWER. I set the ringing profile for that group to be silent. They can still call me but it never bothers me anymore. I did this with one of those auto-warranty scams last year that wouldn't take me off their list. I never noticed them calling and the missed call notification let me know to delete the voicemail with listening to it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    albrunzell likes this.
    07-21-09 02:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD