I have a new bb bold that i just got - excited to be back with a bb. I previously had a BB 8830 and then switched to an iphone.

my bb8830 used pocketmac to sync information between my macbook and phone with no problems.

i now am trying to do the same with the bold and it is not completing a full sync - it can be connected for an hour and will never finish the sync.

I looked into missing sync - but i don't want to spend the money unless i know that it works. i have read multiple forums and see some positive and negative for both pocketsync & missing sync.

I sync my phone w/ my work computers (windows) to get my lotus calendar - but I would want to use my mac to use the desktop manager for apps and music to my new phone.

any help would be greatly appreciated.
    06-16-09 10:56 AM
    I'm a Mac-using Bold-user. I either use Boot Camp or my Netbook to do anything BB related. I haven't heard of anything working 100%. Good luck!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-16-09 11:23 AM
    Your best bet would be to use VMware fusion or Parallels and use windows XP.

I've tried missing sync as well as pocket mac. Neither of which will read the phone when plugged into USB. But when in the virtual machine, it sees it just fine.

Its weird, i'd like to say RIM is working on something for us MAC users. But we'd be waiting till the quarter of never.
    06-16-09 01:15 PM
    yea, thats what i do also, i just either boot up windows 7 via boot camp, or if i am in a quick pinch i just do it via VMWare.
    06-16-09 02:12 PM
    I have been using the Missing Sync for months now without any problems. I use it with my macbook pro (non unibody). If the mass storage mode is on, then the phone gets mounted as soon as i plug in the USB. Then i can transfer files back and forth. Syncing works great even over bluetooth and i have it set to auto sync every couple of hours. Missing sync is also able to sync the media on your phone with ilife apps or just folders on your mac.

I think its a good investment if you want something to sync your phone and mac.

cheers.
    06-17-09 06:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD