I am in Mexico, using TELCEL as the carrier.
    What is the latest OS for the BOLD? and what if I install it? I ask this because I see people asking for the latest OS for their specific carrier?. Does a carrier have their own OS for the blackberry??

I appreciate your comments...
    10-28-08 01:28 AM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f83/new...0-167-a-85436/

Might try looking at whats posted first.
    10-28-08 01:36 AM
    My carrier here in Canada released an official 4.6.0.162 release. I tried it, but didn't like the bloatware the carrier added to the OS. Now I'm running a generic 4.6.0.162 official release and I am very happy with it. As sunkast mentioned .167 is out there... for example; that is what AT&T in the USA is offering currently.

At this time I have no reason to upgrade for the time being, very pleased with the improvements over previous versions. Very stable and major improvement in battery efficiency.
    10-28-08 02:06 AM
    168 is the newest
    10-28-08 03:25 AM
    I am in Mexico, using TELCEL as the carrier.
    What is the latest OS for the BOLD? and what if I install it? I ask this because I see people asking for the latest OS for their specific carrier?. Does a carrier have their own OS for the blackberry??

I appreciate your comments...
    Welcom to CB

Sounds like your new to BB, I would spend a bit of time with your bb and get used to it before upgrading, ensure you are comfortable with the upgrade procedure before attempting.

EVERYTHING you could possibly need with regards to upgrading is here on the forum

Hope this helps........good luck.
    10-28-08 03:51 AM
    .168 may be the newest but by no means is it an official release. In fact, it's a leaked Beta version, so unless you have a good idea what the repercussions are, I'd be very careful installing it, however the latest Official version out is .167 which from what I gather is mostly stable. Once you have d/l the OS, I suggest you familiarize yourself with the Installation procedure which can be found by searching for it on this forum, most importantly deleting the 'Vendor' file post installing the new OS so that it can be used as a non-carrier specific OS. Good luck..

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-28-08 03:52 AM
    Alot of people are sticking with the .162 since there isn't much bugs on it. I myself is using .167.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f83/new...0-167-a-85436/
    The post above gives a step by step on how to install a new OS for your Bold
    10-28-08 03:59 AM
    Does anyone know if the 4.6.0.174 posted on berryreview.com will work for the Bold? It says it is for the kickstart, but it the numbering is so close the the Bold's...
    Pearl Flip 8220 OS 4.6.0.174 Found Online! | BerryReview.com �
    10-28-08 09:11 AM
    My questions was not answered. If I use the latest version 4.6.0.167 will it work with TELCEL.. because my BOLD came with the following version:

v4.6.0.166 (platform 4.0.0.158)
    10-28-08 02:12 PM
    Your question was answered by the fact that more than one person linked you to the newest OS version for the Bold. If it didn't work, we would have said so.
    10-28-08 02:14 PM
    My questions was not answered. If I use the latest version 4.6.0.167 will it work with TELCEL.. because my BOLD came with the following version:

Yes, I don't see why it wouldn't work. I am using an OS that is not from my carrier. Though when you do this, you simply have to (It is imperitive that you do) delete the vendor.xml file when doing the upgrade.

This will be helpfull... http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/prop...ocedure-53359/
    10-28-08 02:20 PM
    Does anyone know if the 4.6.0.174 posted on berryreview.com will work for the Bold? It says it is for the kickstart, but it the numbering is so close the the Bold's...
    Pearl Flip 8220 OS 4.6.0.174 Found Online! | BerryReview.com �
    All BB OS's are device specific and will only work on the device they are designed for.
    10-28-08 03:13 PM

Hi:

I'm currently running 4.6.0.168 on mine, with any problem.... Just make sure you delete the vendor file before you update the OS....

So you can run the latest OS with any problem....
    10-28-08 03:33 PM
    My carrier here in Canada released an official 4.6.0.162 release. I tried it, but didn't like the bloatware the carrier added to the OS. Now I'm running a generic 4.6.0.162 official release and I am very happy with it. As sunkast mentioned .167 is out there... for example; that is what AT&T in the USA is offering currently.
    What kind of bloatware did you notice? I upgraded before Rogers released 162, but did they really add a bunch of stuff? Or just the usual Rogers Mall, etc.
    10-28-08 03:47 PM
    What kind of bloatware did you notice? I upgraded before Rogers released 162, but did they really add a bunch of stuff? Or just the usual Rogers Mall, etc.
    Well I only had the Rogers .162 on for about 30 minutes before I replaced with a generic all language .162 Yes, the Rogers Mall was there... I don't know if there was alot of bloatware going on but I did notice that they had taken the BB web browser hostage. ie: I had been running a generic Beta .150 before and when I installed the Rogers .162 I noticed upon launching the BB browser that it had a big Rogers logo on the initial wait page (Instead of Blackberry logo) and then the home page was all roger'd up (instead of the stock Blackberry url box; google/wikipedia/dictionary Search box and then just the bookmark folders below.

I just went minimalist and abandoned all the Rogers branding. Where else they made their mark I do not know, wasn't on my phone long enough. The only Rogers I get is on phone power on and power off, which is part of the firmware.

I even went as far as buying the unbranded bottom plate from cnn.cn

PvT
    10-28-08 06:02 PM
    what is the difference between 166 and 167??
    10-28-08 07:08 PM
    what is the difference between 166 and 167??
    There is no 166.
    10-28-08 07:18 PM
    Need some "Bold Help"-

I have a Vista Utimate PC, and a AT&T 8310 I want to do a complete backup of the 8310 and prepare for the Bold....

Which version of Desktop should I use,? I want to backup my Photos, Music and Ringtones also My Email, I dont want to take anything to the Bold that is a Potential source for trouble-

Anyone have any ideas. I also was told today that the $$$ is 350 with a Mail in for 50.00 on a 2 year mir, which means out of pocket is 350 + taxes They Claimed they received an email from AT&T Corporate stating the 4th of November, however when I spoke with a supervisor from AT&T Business services tonight they stated they knew nothing whatsoever about the Bold release.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, Im also running the Microsoft Tell me on the 8310, is it available for the Bold?

Thank You

Larry
    10-28-08 07:38 PM
    Need some "Bold Help"-

I have a Vista Utimate PC, and a AT&T 8310 I want to do a complete backup of the 8310 and prepare for the Bold....

Which version of Desktop should I use,? I want to backup my Photos, Music and Ringtones also My Email, I dont want to take anything to the Bold that is a Potential source for trouble-

Anyone have any ideas. I also was told today that the $$$ is 350 with a Mail in for 50.00 on a 2 year mir, which means out of pocket is 350 + taxes They Claimed they received an email from AT&T Corporate stating the 4th of November, however when I spoke with a supervisor from AT&T Business services tonight they stated they knew nothing whatsoever about the Bold release.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, Im also running the Microsoft Tell me on the 8310, is it available for the Bold?

Thank You

Larry
    What does this have to do with the bold's latest OS?
    10-28-08 08:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD