:First off I searched the forum and found nothing on this app..So let me begin..

I’ve read a lot of complains with bbalerts not working correct on our Bolds ..Whether the sms led didn’t work or email led...ect..ECT.. I was looking for a app to purchase since I had a 20% discount in mobi hand and I came across (BerryBuzz) first off its half the price of bbalerts and it has the same features minus the pop alert and logging of alerts..Its top feature is that everything is separated meaning..You can set your blackberry email to red and your Gmail to blue ..It has a lot of options for different settings...I purchased it this morning and has been working flawlessly..I tested it with Peekawho, Message Peek, and Aerize..(It worked Fine)..Hope the people complaining about bbalerts will pick this app up from the store..
    Last edited by jsanta11; 03-01-09 at 02:46 PM.
    03-01-09 02:38 PM
    That's cool I didn't know there was another option. However bb alerts works great on my bold

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-01-09 02:45 PM
    Am going to give Berry Buzz a try. Thanks for the suggestion.
    03-01-09 03:24 PM
    Am going to give Berry Buzz a try. Thanks for the suggestion.

Let me know if this works out for you.
    03-01-09 03:27 PM
    Let me know if this works out for you.
    So far, so good. What I like:

- the LED blinks faster than on the bb setting, so a quick glance means you will catch if you have a message
    - it will blink for as long as you like
    - PINs and emails can have different colours - and also SMS etc
    - each of your email accounts can have different colours

So far, no strangeness or buggyness.
    03-01-09 03:39 PM
    So far, so good. What I like:

- the LED blinks faster than on the bb setting, so a quick glance means you will catch if you have a message
    - it will blink for as long as you like
    - PINs and emails can have different colours - and also SMS etc
    - each of your email accounts can have different colours

So far, no strangeness or buggyness.

Does it alert you when you have a missed call, email etc? Meaning a sound alert continuously until you check your missed events.
    03-01-09 03:47 PM
    I'm definitely going to have to check this out. This sounds like what I'm looking for.
    03-01-09 03:53 PM
    Does it alert you when you have a missed call, email etc? Meaning a sound alert continuously until you check your missed events.
    You mean, does it just keep beeping? There is a setting under each task called "Reminder Alert Every...." and then you set how often - one minutes, two minutes, etc. I am guessing this is a sound alert, but I actually haven't gotten it to work. I set an email reminder alert for 60 seconds and nothing happened.

Maybe someone else trying this app can explain?
    03-01-09 04:00 PM
    LED does flash for a missed call.

The alerts seem to cancel when you open the relevant folder, as opposed to when you open a specific message.

Here is something I really like: If i get an email and that flashes blue, and then I get a PIN and that flashes green, the berry will alternate blue-green-blue-green rather than have the last message be the dominant alert.
    03-01-09 04:04 PM
    LED does flash for a missed call.

The alerts seem to cancel when you open the relevant folder, as opposed to when you open a specific message.

Here is something I really like: If i get an email and that flashes blue, and then I get a PIN and that flashes green, the berry will alternate blue-green-blue-green rather than have the last message be the dominant alert.
    Oh wow. I can't wait for people to talk to me so I can try this out to its fullest. I really like it a lot so far.
    03-01-09 04:16 PM
    I'm definetly going to keep checking this thread out. I wanted BB alerts but reading Bold users opinions it scared me away. I hope this doesn't have issues. Please let us know if you encounter any problems KareBare.
    03-01-09 04:18 PM
    Where did you get the 20% off coupon from?
    03-01-09 04:25 PM
    I'm definetly going to keep checking this thread out. I wanted BB alerts but reading Bold users opinions it scared me away. I hope this doesn't have issues. Please let us know if you encounter any problems KareBare.
    Will do, P.O.E. Am still trying to figure out if I can get a sound alert to repeat - but that is mostly just to see. I actually don't need that. Am loving the LEDs so far though and am not having the difficulties I had with BBAlerts.

No-one calls me, so I had to call myself to see if there is a missed call LED alert, which there is. One day I might find that useful.... Ha.
    03-01-09 04:35 PM
    Ok KareBare sounds good. Hope it works out okay. Thank you for the feedback I appreciate it.

03-01-09 04:44 PM
    I'm in for a try. I've had enough of the bbalerts fight. Thanx Jsantall.
    03-01-09 04:50 PM
    I have a coupon for 20% off mobihand..I thought it was only gonna work once but just tried it and it worked..Here it is FP0N58397209U...Am sure it will work for a few so best of luck... ( nm1k0 yours is a one time use code)
    03-01-09 05:11 PM
    I have a coupon for 20% off mobihand..I thought it was only gonna work once but just tried it and it worked..Here it is FP0N58397209U...Am sure it will work for a few so best of luck... ( nm1k0 yours is a one time use code)
    Hey Jsanta - have you gotten sound alerts to repeat? Do I understand the app properly - is that actually an option?

Thanks for finding this app and sharing it!
    03-01-09 05:13 PM
    I have not set that up yet ..am gonna play with that function.. Yes your correct>> here is more details

Customize the LED color and set an individual repeating alert for
    - E-Mails (individual for each account or one for all)
    - PIN Messages
    - SMS (may not work with every carrier)
    - Calendar Events
    - Missed phone calls
    When multiple alerts are active at the same time, every color will flash in a repeating pattern.
    Customizable rapid flashing LED for incoming phone calls
    Customizable vibrate for incoming calls. Vibrates while ringing.
    LED will keep flashing until acknowledged (BlackBerry defaults to flash only for 15 min).
    Optional slow down of LED flashing after specified time to save battery life
    Optimized for minimum battery and memory usage
    Support for instango custom colored LED (instango 2.2.83 or higher)
    03-01-09 05:28 PM
    I have not set that up yet ..am gonna play with that function.. Yes your correct>> here is more details

Customize the LED color and set an individual repeating alert for
    - E-Mails (individual for each account or one for all)
    - PIN Messages
    - SMS (may not work with every carrier)
    - Calendar Events
    - Missed phone calls
    When multiple alerts are active at the same time, every color will flash in a repeating pattern.
    Customizable rapid flashing LED for incoming phone calls
    Customizable vibrate for incoming calls. Vibrates while ringing.
    LED will keep flashing until acknowledged (BlackBerry defaults to flash only for 15 min).
    Optional slow down of LED flashing after specified time to save battery life
    Optimized for minimum battery and memory usage
    Support for instango custom colored LED (instango 2.2.83 or higher)
    All of this works fine for me. Just haven't gotten the sound alert to repeat after a set amount of time. Please let me know if you get that working, and how!
    03-01-09 05:30 PM
    BerryBuzz does support repeating alarms. Simply select 'Reminder Alert Every' for any of the alerts.

BerryBuzz will then create an entry in your Blackberry Profiles. (Something like "BerryBuzz - Calendar Reminder"). There you can configure the sound etc.
    03-01-09 05:35 PM
    BerryBuzz does support repeating alarms. Simply select 'Reminder Alert Every' for any of the alerts.

BerryBuzz will then create an entry in your Blackberry Profiles. (Something like "BerryBuzz - Calendar Reminder"). There you can configure the sound etc.
    Thanks for the info.

I tried selecting "Reminder Alert Every" and nothing happened. It won't just use the alert already assigned?

I'll try it again and look in my profiles.
    03-01-09 05:41 PM

Okay, that worked perfectly. Thanks for clarifying the steps.

Have to say - I am a big fan of this app.
    03-01-09 05:48 PM
    I sincerely hope that it doesn't cause any sorts of memory problems. If it doesn't I have to get it.
    03-01-09 05:50 PM
    I sincerely hope that it doesn't cause any sorts of memory problems. If it doesn't I have to get it.
    Good question. I did a reset earlier today and am at 52 MB. I'll watch it over the next few days. It ought to end up where it usually does - about the mid 40s.
    03-01-09 05:55 PM
    I love this app and so far my memory has been extremly stable.

03-01-09 05:55 PM
365 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD