Installed the new bbm perfectly and it is running fine, really awsome and amazing. i made this thread for everyone to discuss the new bbm and how it is running on their 9000 etc before we get a 100 threads on it. Post your thoughts and opinions and findings etc.

For those still having issues with trying to install, here are some of the links and some of the troubleshooting from this thread, all here on the first page so you dont have to go through each page trying to find a solution.

OTA Link 1
    OTA Link 2
    OTA Link 3
    Resend Service Books (AT&T)

For doing through Desktop Manager

Non-seasoned Computer User
    1. unzip the zip file.
    2. copy the alx file to the Program Files/Common Files/Reasearch in Motion/Shared/Loader Files/9000-v4.6.0.282_P4.0.0.235 folder
    3. copy the cod files to the Program Files/Common Files/Reasearch in Motion/Shared/Loader Files/9000-v4.6.0.282_P4.0.0.235/Java folder replacing the existing files with the same names.
    4. plugged BB into the USB
    5. Open DM
    6. Go to Application Loader and then Add / Remove applications
    7. it shows the list of installed apps and next to BBM it says upgrade
    8. click Next and wait for it to install
    9. After its done, resend service books (suggested but not required)

Seasoned Computer User
    1. Download Files
    2. Open Desktop Manager and Connect Blackberry
    3. Application Loader
    4. Browse to the .ALX file
    5. Install
    6. (optional) Resend service books

Error
    -Every time I add the .alx file from the folder containing all the BBM 5.0 files, DM 4.6 says that no new software could be found. BBM 5.0 does not show up on the list of apps.
    Solution
    1. You have to copy/paste the .cod files into your java folder also.
    2. If you just installed a new OS, make sure the vendor.alx file is deleted.

Error
    My BBM takes forever to send, and dosnt display the message as sent or read, general slowness, cant see avatar, etc

Solution
    Since Friday and over the weekend, people who don't normally use BBM, and
    those that don't use it that much are now using it plenty. I am convinced
    that the overload is what is causing these slow delays here and there. I've
    used the regular BBM for the past 2 days and those slow delays were even
    happening on there. Leading me to believe that yes, RIM are the ones with
    the server issue of overload.
    (Credit: Forever29)

ERROR
    Why do i have to crop an image for some people but not for others?

SOLUTION
    The new one handles file transfers differently. The old BBM automatically reduces the resolution of the photo, so to send to someone on the old BBM requires the same resolution for them to receive it, cropping a 1680x1050 image to 640x480 for example will allow it to be received on BBM 4.6

However, BBM 5.0 allows the entire file to be transferred once accepted by the receiver, thus no cropping.

Hope This Helps
    ENJOY BLACKBERRY MESSENGER 5.0 (YES I HIT THE BILLY MAYS KEY!!!!)

"BUT WAIT, INSTALL BBM 5.0 IN THE NEXT 10 MINUTES AND YOU'LL ALSO GET AVATARS FREE!"

FEEL FREE TO ADD ME FOR ANY QUESTIONS OR JUST CASUAL TALK
    Last edited by CBRfanatic; 07-22-09 at 02:37 PM.
    07-17-09 03:00 PM
    Here's the leak.

BlackberryOS
    07-17-09 03:03 PM
    To install this do you have to have the 5.0 OS installed as well?
    07-17-09 03:14 PM
    To install this do you have to have the 5.0 OS installed as well?
    No........
    07-17-09 03:19 PM
    Downloading from MegaUpload right now =)
    07-17-09 03:27 PM
    Just saw a cool feature to back up all your bbm contacts to your SD card. Also that digital sqaure thing is nice, worked between my 9000 and a friends 8900. Picture avatars, away messages, there's an *recently updated* tab that shows who's switched their status recently, really nice.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-17-09 03:30 PM
    I am getting an error message that says something like, "This software is not compatible with your device." Has anyone else gotten this and figured out a way around it? I'm running 4.6.0.247
    07-17-09 03:35 PM
    Just saw a cool feature to back up all your bbm contacts to your SD card. Also that digital sqaure thing is nice, worked between my 9000 and a friends 8900. Picture avatars, away messages, there's an *recently updated* tab that shows who's switched their status recently, really nice.

I agree, pretty cool. The UI is easier as well.
    07-17-09 03:37 PM
    Ive tried to get it installed by DM but keep getting the error that no additional software has been found...do i need to take the tick off the BBM 4.6 that originally comes with the phone??

Or am i missing something here??
    07-17-09 03:41 PM
    In my head I'm thinking I'll just wait but that will probably last 48 hours...
    07-17-09 03:42 PM
    theres no OTA install link?
    07-17-09 03:44 PM
    Ive tried to get it installed by DM but keep getting the error that no additional software has been found...do i need to take the tick off the BBM 4.6 that originally comes with the phone??

Or am i missing something here??
    All I did was unzip the file and extract to my desktop. Then plugged up my phone and opened up the dm and went to app loader browsed to my desktop and selected the .alx file and followed the prompts and it loaded no problem
    Last edited by jackie treehorn; 07-17-09 at 03:50 PM.
    07-17-09 03:47 PM
    which one do i download im running bold 5.0.0.100 do i download the 5.0 or 5.1 ?
    07-17-09 03:49 PM
    This a leaked version of an app,,, just like any leaked OS or app you need to do it through the computer.

07-17-09 03:49 PM
    no it has to be done through the dm
    07-17-09 03:51 PM
    mine also said : not compatible with this devicew... what gives?
    07-17-09 03:56 PM
    Installed and looking great, no issues with the install. Just a pity I've no one I know who has a BB to try it out with!
    07-17-09 03:56 PM
    Can't anyone wait until I get home to install it? Not fair
    07-17-09 03:57 PM
    whats not compatible
    07-17-09 03:58 PM
    Installed and looking great, no issues with the install. Just a pity I've no one I know who has a BB to try it out with!
    Haha don't feel bad, I'm in the same boat as you. Shame, isn't it?

whats not compatible

Just download the correct one. Did you read before clicking one of the many links?
    07-17-09 03:58 PM
    All I did was unzip the file and extract to my desktop. Then plugged up my phone and opened up the dm and went to app loader browsed to my desktop and selected the .alx file and it loaded no problems
    Ok seems to be working...just installing it now...had to delete the OS that was on my laptop ie 282 OS and it seems to work now...came up saying that BBM has an update...pressed next and voila its being installed
    07-17-09 04:01 PM
    Ok seems to be working...just installing it now...had to delete the OS that was on my laptop ie 282 OS and it seems to work now...came up saying that BBM has an update...pressed next and voila its being installed
    Yea I forgot to mention that, my bad. Glad you got it working though
    07-17-09 04:04 PM
    Do all the apps work or not?

07-17-09 04:07 PM
    Anyone know which one?

which one do i download im running bold 5.0.0.100 do i download the 5.0 or 5.1 ?
    07-17-09 04:08 PM
    Installed with no problems. Looks great. Can't wait to get home and really try it out.

07-17-09 04:09 PM
347 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD