Hey everyone, I am having trouble receiving text messages. My friends keep telling me they are messaging me but I only seem to get about 25% of them. I am with Rogers and because I text message a lot I am about to go return the phone and get something better. It is really weird, and I cannot think of any good reason why the text messages would just not make it to my phone. I never had a problem with my old Razr but it seems like new technology is breaking old things.

I also have a small issue with sending SMS, I get a red X with the error message "Unidentified Subscriber" but if I resend the message 3/4 times it goes through.

If anyone has any good advice/experiences with this I would appreciate it a lot.

I have tried taking the battery out for 1 min and reinserting and I re-registered my phone using the HRT menu.
    02-10-08 06:57 PM
    call rogers and have them check SMS settings and reset network for phone
    02-10-08 07:35 PM
    I started having a similar problem last week, not receiving some messages that were sent to me, messages I sent that said they were sent people never got, then finally started having problems with messages not sending all the time and getting error code.

I called Rogers this weekend, they told me they are having problems with their SMS service right now "they are working on it"........
    02-18-08 08:09 AM
    Did anyone ever get a resolution to the text error.. "unidentified subscriber"? I'm having the same issue. IRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRITATING!
    06-09-08 07:27 PM
    When I had my 8100 with Rogers it kept doing it to me. Usually a battery pull fixed it, but only like 60% of the time. They said it was a network issue.

I cannot believe they are still having the problem, this was happening to me back in January.
    06-09-08 09:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD