I use the bPhone Icon theme and I have noticed that there is an extreme amount of lag when I use the symbol menu when texting, compared to the verizon or preloaded themes. Does anyone else notice this with their theme. It also lags just as much on the bPhone today theme and the bPhone zen, as well as the vista theme i downloaded. Does anyone use a theme that is not preloaded and that does not lag when using the symbol menu? suggestions? thanks
    02-19-08 10:37 PM
    I downloaded the today plus theme and it works great with no lag at all when using the symbol menu. However, I'm still wondering if any bPhone users experience lag in the symbol menu because it could have just been a downloading error on my part.
    02-20-08 08:15 AM
    I have the same issue... too bad, I really like the bphone theme but with that lag it's not really usable....

The same issue also appears when using the EZGreen theme btw.

Stefan
    03-31-08 08:45 AM
    I've been using the bphone today theme for about 2 weeks now and I havent noticed anything yet really.
    03-31-08 11:21 AM
    Really?

Have you tried opening the Symbols-page when composing an email?

That's weird, but it would actually make sense, otherwise the bphone theme would have been changed already because nobody can use it

darn.... I really want to use bphone or EZGreen but I can't the way it acts right now (((((
    03-31-08 11:24 AM
    I use the symbol page all the time in emails and sms and really havent niticed anything. I was using the vista theme that i paid for before switching to the bphone theme and that did have a lot of lag. Then i ran into a thread that someone posted here and they were having the same issue. It was a change in the sms options, but i cant remember what it was. That change actually made a huge difference. Ill see if i can find it for you.
    03-31-08 11:41 AM
    I use the symbol page all the time in emails and sms and really havent niticed anything. I was using the vista theme that i paid for before switching to the bphone theme and that did have a lot of lag. Then i ran into a thread that someone posted here and they were having the same issue. It was a change in the sms options, but i cant remember what it was. That change actually made a huge difference. Ill see if i can find it for you.
    that would be so nice, thanks in advance!

Stefan
    03-31-08 11:42 AM
    Start to read around post #8

Hope this helps you out.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f79/fil...ly-slow-17269/
    03-31-08 11:55 AM
    Thx for the help, but that just doesn't have anything in common with the problem we have.

We have a problem with a lag (2-3 seconds) occuring between pressing the "SYM"-button and the actual appeareance of the symbols-page.
    04-16-08 04:26 PM
    Not sure if you ever found a reason, but I believe this lag occurs on themes when you change the default background image. Try setting it back to default and see if that helps you.
    11-06-08 03:26 PM
    I've had the same problem with a few different themes I've tried when I had 4.3 os on my 8130...

Haven't tried any on the 4.5 OS

It was annoying enough not to use the theme!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-06-08 09:03 PM
    i was using the bphone zen theme and running OS v4.3 with sprint and noticed a bad lag with the symbols menu. upgraded to v4.5 and its a lot faster, very little lag, if any.
    11-15-08 09:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD