I uninstalled it like a week or so ago, figuring I wouldn't use it. Stupid idea cos now I want to.

I've tried blackberry.com/messenger on my phone - and it says my device isn't supported [it's an, obviously, up to date 8130] and I tried on my comp [w/ the BB connected] and it tells me the device isn't supported.

Help?
    12-16-07 11:30 PM
    You need to install it via Desktop Manager and the OS installation package for your BB.

The download off of Blackberry.com will not work.

Follow the instructions here:

How to reinstall BBMessenger
    12-16-07 11:34 PM
    So I did that and it's still not listed under app's [when I run the app loader] and I did a search and don't see any alx/ali files. sooo IDK what to do, and now I'm just annoyed haha
    12-17-07 12:44 AM
    check ur pm Denise, it wouldn't allow me to post the url cause i'm under the 10 post limit.
    12-17-07 01:12 AM
    make sure you have both the desktop manager and the os installed

https://www.blackberry.com/Download...8E607FE7CC0E1A0

just click the drop down and select the phone should be around 100 mbs

and it should install alright.
    12-17-07 01:13 AM
    You must have missed something in my How To in that link. As bildo stated you have to have the Desktop Manager AND the OS both installed on the PC in order to add the Messenger app back to the BB.
    12-17-07 01:25 AM
    After uninstalling, did you restart your device? If not than its most likely the reason why you getting your device not supported prompt. Do a battery pull and try installing OTA...
    12-17-07 02:46 AM
    OMG

Just got it. Finallyyyy.

Apparently- when I was downloading whatever off the VZW.smithmicro [or whatever, yeah I say whatever alot] site - I wasn't DLing the right one - I was DLing the one updated on the 20th, not the one from like the 14th or something. Who knew that'd make such a difference! Weird

Anyways - thanks for all the help everyone!! I dont' know how I survive sometimes haha
    Last edited by Denise23; 12-17-07 at 05:01 AM.
    12-17-07 04:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD