Ok, I have read all of the low memory threads, and checked and re-checked all of my settings and I still can't seem to figure this out.

I have 20MB of memory left, but my messages folder and call logs still only holds 3 days worth of info. There must be a setting I'm missing or something. Can anyone help me out??

I'm used to my Treo holding my call log info for months on end, this is driving me crazy!!
    11-23-07 07:22 AM
    Weird, call logs are defaulted to stay for 30 days with no option to change them...I can't remember if they changed this option on 4.3 or not.
    11-23-07 07:56 AM
    I'm having th same issue! Anybody have any ideas as to how to fix this?
    11-23-07 12:11 PM
    Weird, call logs are defaulted to stay for 30 days with no option to change them...I can't remember if they changed this option on 4.3 or not.
    Call logs got restricted to 30 days back in OS 4.1. The problem was with BES activations taking hours and hours because of thousands of call logs trying to sync.

To the OP...3 days of call logs and messages doesn't sound right. Not sure with 20Mb of free memory.
    11-23-07 01:16 PM
    Yea doesn't seem right to me either. I have cleaned everything off of the phone that I can think of or do without.

I have plenty of available memory, so there has to be something somewhere that is wiping it.
    11-23-07 01:28 PM
    Cool, thnxs for the info John, I knew their had to be a reason as to why...just didn't know it..makes sense though now that you explained it.
    11-23-07 01:50 PM
    Cool, thnxs for the info John, I knew their had to be a reason as to why...just didn't know it..makes sense though now that you explained it.

original post said 3 days and this discussion is about 30 days. i have the option set to 30 days but emails are only available for 2 or 3 days. I would like to look at emails from further in the past than 3 days, but i can't seem to do it, even though the messages option is set to 30 days. thanks.
    11-26-07 01:50 PM
    Same problem kinda. Emails stay long times. 20mb of memory free.

My call log when hitting the send button is restricted to 3 days of calls. When I go into my messages folder and then to call logs, there is a ton of calls there.

I want my call log to reflect my actual call log folder.
    11-27-07 09:43 AM
    My call log was wiped out today (I think it's been happening every day but I noticed it today because I had a call from yesterday I was going to call back). I also noticed that my BES email is just 2 days. HELP! I called VZ and they have no clue!
    11-27-07 01:29 PM
    call log empties, and quickly. also emails.

File Free: 843,273 bytes
    File Total: 50,462,720 bytes

Is there a way to check what takes up what? I did add Google Mobile(picasa/gmail/search) and facebook.

Also added microSD card which is seen and has 1.8GB free, is there a way to tell BB to use it?
    12-05-07 03:52 PM
    I am finding messages disappearing after 1 day (I have the Sprint Pearl).

This problem is pissing me off.

I've noticed all my Txt's/messages/call logs, AND calendar items (non-reoccuring) disappear from my phone.

I'm on the phone with Sprint CC right now to find out what the issue is.

I have them all set to "keep messages = forever" on the phone.

I've had 2 (non-pearl) blackberrys for work and this never happened before.
    12-05-07 07:49 PM
    Sprint Technical support says that this is a software issue with the new 8130s. There will be a software upgrade to correct this problem.

Guess we just have to wait...
    12-05-07 10:51 PM
    great. at least they know it's a problem. if you hear of an update release...do let us know
    12-05-07 11:03 PM
    I talked to a Verizon higher level tech support and they had no idea what was wrong and they also said they hadn't heard of this problem at all. They did tell me that the phone needs about 12 mb to run properly.

I hope a fix is on the way.

I thout mine was fixed after taking opera mini off. It is still fluxusting

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-05-07 11:20 PM
    I copied all my photos taken to the microSD card, also made this the default storage location for pictures, its been 24 hours and no overwrite of the call log yet....fingers crossed....
    12-06-07 11:17 AM
    I talked to Verizon today about this. Mine has been doing this since I got it. They had no clue and acted like it was the first time they had heard of it. I talked to someone I know who works for them and said it is a software issue and a fix should be available soon. Not sure what soon is, but it does seem pretty widespread.
    12-06-07 01:01 PM
    I have had similar problem with SMS and call logs deleting within seconds of the messages being downloaded...

I found that taking the battery out while the phone is on (believe this is called a hard reset??) seems to stop the problem. The problem returned about a week later, I did the 'hard reset' again, and the problem has not returned since (2.5 weeks ago).

I have also talked with VZW and was suggested to "update the software on the phone" I was told that this is accomplished by dialing *228 and using option 2 at that number. I don't know if this actually fixed the problem, as it says it updates the roaming capabilities of the phone not the software specifically.
    12-06-07 11:07 PM
    Having the same problem. I deleted the demo video and song from my phone and some programs. Deleted all my emails and txt msgs that were left on the phone too. Even then somehow an amazing chunk of space disappeared. closed programs too. I hope they fix this problem. I never had this kind of problem on my ancient Samsung MA700 crap 3G phone.
    12-07-07 05:21 PM
    I'm throwing my hat into the ring as well. I have an 8130 from Verizon, it's been a week and I've lost my call logs and SMS after every few days of use. I did delete Russian and Semetic languages, and noticed after a reset I went from 3 megs to around 10 megs free. I do have a bunch of apps and a few mp3 ringtones that I'm going to offload onto a microSD card soon. Hopefully it'll stick but I'm just going to keep track of the memory every so often and see when it dips low.

I installed SoftReset (anyone have anything bad to say about this app?) and played around with the memory cleaner option just to be proactive about the issue. I can't wait for the SW update to show up though. It's really unreasonable to expect any phone to start to delete it's own call logs and phone history in general just to make more free room.
    12-09-07 12:43 AM
    I totally agree with you. Having the same problem with Sprint 8130. Sprint it clueless to the problem. I would have Verizon document your account of the trouble you are having, so you can get out of your contract after the trial period if there is no fix.

Why is my BlackBerry losing its call logs or message logs? - BlackBerryFAQ
    12-09-07 11:06 AM
    I have been frequently checking status on my Sprint Pearl. The File Free fluctuates from 1MB-3MB. At one point i used to see 7MB, but that was before i installed a bunch of programs.

I have enabled the memory cleaner option and i tried clearing the cache on the web browser from time to time to make sure I have enough memory.

None of that seemed to prevent another wipe out (of SMS/Call logs) that occurred last night. My phone also wipes previous (non-reoccuring) Calendar items too which is very annoying!

I have not found this to occur at any specific amount of time... but I am wondering if this only occurs when the battery is low/runs out.

I am going to try to turn off the phone if the battery is low and see if that may prevent the wipe outs.
    12-09-07 02:18 PM
    Update from a few days ago, seems my call log is 20 deep now, dating back to 12/7 since I moved all photos to the microSD, better but would expect more

this is with Sprint 8130, v4.3.0.71 (Platform 3.1.0.37), default that arrived wtih phone
    12-10-07 11:45 AM
    same problem here...waiting for a software update
    12-10-07 10:57 PM
    Yep, mine started erasing my call log yesterday after problem-free use since Thanksgiving. Oh well, it's not that big a deal I suppose but the fix will be nice.

And it is erasing my emails from my gmail folder, but all the gmail emails are all still shown in the messages folder...heh? (All my bb emails are shown in both the bb email folder and the messages folder still). Weird.
    Last edited by billnye; 12-13-07 at 08:45 PM.
    12-13-07 08:36 PM
    So an update. I was going from around 10 megs to 3 megs in a day and then I start to lose SMS and call logs but I also was syncing my computer with a Mac.

I installed Blackberry Desktop 4.3 on a PC and plugged my Blackberry in and did a backup because I wanted to clear my calendar data, and now all of a sudden even though I'm still running 4.3.0.60 (was tempted to upgrade to .71), everything seems to be a whole lot better. I did turn on memory cleaning, but now since connecting to the PC, memory management does seem better.
    12-14-07 08:29 AM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD