https://www.blackberry.com/SoftwareD...ient=URNZcPHMm

BlackBerry Handheld Software v4.5.0.188 (Multilanguage)

Package Version: 4.5.0.188
    Consisting of:

* Applications: 4.5.0.131
    * Software Platform: 3.4.0.25
    * File name: 8130uAMEA_PBr4.5.0_rel188_PL3.4.0.25_A4.5.0.131_Sp rint.exe
    * File size: 87.1MB

For install instruction to load any carrier 8130 OS on your BB:

1. Download desired OS to your PC
    2. Install/run OS to PC
    3. Delete vendor.xml file. It's located in c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader (only if your not with Sprint)
    4. Connect BB to Desktop Manager and it should prompt the upgrade. If not click app loader and that should initialize it.
    5. Do not unplug BB during the process. It will take around 30-60 minutes to complete upgrade.
    Last edited by Garz; 02-18-09 at 12:17 PM. Reason: Add install instructions
    02-04-09 09:41 PM
    Was waiting for this. Anyone tried it yet?
    02-09-09 12:48 AM
    Downloaded, installed, tried it out. About the same as any other upgrade except that I can't play some MMS videos people send me from non-blackberries. 3gp files appear to just not work anymore.
    02-09-09 09:38 AM
    Been running it for a few days now, the memory is much more stable than the previous .89 i was running...
    02-09-09 12:36 PM
    sweet. grabbing it now. Will report back with any issues.
    02-09-09 03:22 PM
    Still leak some memory, but picked up a bunch over .77. One issue I do have is the phone lags a second or two coming out of sleep mode (or whatever its called when the screen shuts off).
    02-09-09 03:32 PM
    Still leak some memory, but picked up a bunch over .77. One issue I do have is the phone lags a second or two coming out of sleep mode (or whatever its called when the screen shuts off).
    Damnit, how many people are having this, I want to upgrade to it, but it seems that the lag after sleep mode would get pretty annoying.

Anyone else having this?
    More stable memory would be nice to have tho
    02-09-09 07:57 PM
    Same issue here. Lags for about a second after a key press to wake from sleep mode. No other issues noted yet.

Damnit, how many people are having this, I want to upgrade to it, but it seems that the lag after sleep mode would get pretty annoying.

Anyone else having this?
    More stable memory would be nice to have tho
    02-10-09 11:17 AM
    Still running like a champ, memory is still much more stable than .89
    02-10-09 11:18 AM
    I have installed it on mine and I have noticed no lag from wake-up (pulling from holster or clicking button). I only had to re-install a couple apps that "vanished" after the update. After the re-install of the apps everything is working just perfectly. I am seeing more stability on the BB, and so far the memory cleaner icon has not done it disappearing act, like it use to. So either it is not going to disappear or it is just taking longer to vanish.
    02-10-09 01:20 PM
    Update: The memory cleaner vanished after a power cycle, but so far I have had no other problems or issues.
    02-10-09 04:18 PM
    Update: The memory cleaner vanished after a power cycle, but so far I have had no other problems or issues.
    The icon? That's always happened to me.

I've noticed far more memory stability since I did the upgrade. The only thing I noticed over .89 is that I can't play some videos anymore. The lag mentioned before happens once in a while when I press a button and the phone is not in standby... only once in a while though.
    02-11-09 12:03 AM
    Installed today, went smoothly (using CrackMem). Reinstalled Docs2Go b/c realized I could probably use it, not sure if it's related but I'm getting periodic 1-sec hourglass bursts, all the time now.

Holding steady at 18GB memory though so far...

Anyone else have this?
    02-11-09 03:31 PM
    I'm having the same problem with the screen lag. It is awful!
    02-11-09 04:19 PM
    I'm having the same problem with the screen lag. It is awful!
    I find that the lag only happens when pressing the trackball. I have both of my side buttons programmed to do nothing, and when I press one of them there is no lag. Same is if I use the space button.
    02-11-09 04:40 PM
    I always use Standby mode and see no lag at all. As soon as I press the button on top of the phone the screen lights up.
    02-11-09 06:12 PM
    I always use Standby mode and see no lag at all. As soon as I press the button on top of the phone the screen lights up.
    The lag is not out of standyby, but out of sleep (screen off).
    02-11-09 06:23 PM
    Anyone noticing decreased battery life after upgrading to .131?
    02-11-09 08:25 PM
    Anyone noticing decreased battery life after upgrading to .131?
    No...I haven't.
    02-11-09 08:36 PM
    I upgraded Saturday. Love the HTML mail. Battery life is great. 55% after a long day.
    02-11-09 10:18 PM
    is it just me or roaming option is no longer available in any 4.5 version. roaming mode sure is handy when needed. however, i only seen it in ver 4.3
    02-12-09 02:01 AM
    This version seems to have fixed the audio streaming issues from Orb that I had. The issue was if you holster the phone, the audio stream was stopped. If you holstered it in the media center app, it would work. Decided to register (after 2 years of viewing) to let people know about this.
    Last edited by wsbsteven; 02-13-09 at 04:57 PM. Reason: Put 3 years instead of 2 years
    02-13-09 04:54 PM
    just wanted to make not that this O.S. version did not fix the audio issue experienced with headphone jack being used and crappy incoming call sound when listening to music. the incoming phone sounds like total trash until you take headphone jack out and use normal phone speaker.

used to be nice getting a phone call listening to music through car speakers and then go back to the music again right after.
    02-13-09 07:12 PM
    So far, this is the most stable OS i have ran on my Pearl yet. With all the applications i have, my memory is doing great...
    02-13-09 07:29 PM
    So far, this is the most stable OS i have ran on my Pearl yet. With all the applications i have, my memory is doing great...
    Same here. It's pretty solid memory wise. I do get that lag when I wake up the display when it's not in standby, but whatever. I'll take that over running out of memory every other day.
    02-13-09 07:47 PM
185 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD