I'm a newbie and for some reason my call log doesn't save numbers as well as the messages. Can someone help me to resolve this? Thanks.
    12-03-07 03:57 PM
    People are sending me sms messages as well but I am not receiving them. I tried to send one to myself via the verizonwireless website and what happens is that there is an message notification but it disappears immediately along with the message. Similar to phone calls. I receive a phone call but the received call disappears from my phone log in seconds.
    Please help!
    12-03-07 04:31 PM
    try this...

Auto Delete ON/OFF
    Under Messages:
    Select Menu/Blackberry Button
    Select Options
    Select General Options
    Keep Messages: (Shortest is 15 Days, Longest is Forever)

-db
    12-03-07 04:40 PM
    I had the same question regarding my BB. Thanks.
    12-03-07 05:07 PM
    I had the same issue yesterday. I pulled the battery and let it reboot...no isues since.
    12-03-07 05:09 PM
    You are having Memory Leaks problems. It is a know problem for BB users even though Sprint knew nothing about it.

Check how much free memory space you have.
    Move all media to the storage card.
    Close used programs
    12-08-07 12:43 PM
    i hope a lot of these issues get fixed soon, reading all of this sure is discouraging me from getting my pearl
    12-08-07 01:49 PM
    You are having Memory Leaks problems. It is a know problem for BB users even though Sprint knew nothing about it.

Close used programs

I checked my memory, and i've got 1.3 gigs out of 1.8 gigs (on my 2 gig card) free. Soo, why, then, is it giving me attitude saying not enough memory to install ramble-im and deleting my emails/call logs?
    12-13-07 09:01 PM
    I was tallking to my data support guy for Verizon (i'm an indirect rep) and apperantly they know about the call log and emails disappearing and he claimed a memory card was supposed to solve that problem but from what he implied there was supposed to be a patch coming soon for the pearl.
    12-13-07 09:11 PM

Close used programs
    I had the EXACT same problem. It even extended into the BB messenger. Everytime i would get a message, i would have two of the same contact names show up in current convos, i had to end one convo so the new message would show up. I was starting to think it would be easier to break into the oval office than to continue using this system...HA...i ended up talking to the tech guy at my local verizon store and he said the exact thing >> Memory Leaks << i have a 1GB card which contains all me media. I talked him into swapping out the phone anyways for a brand new one seeing id only had it a few days. Hopefully i wont see the issue again. He told me RIM is working on a patch for this issue and it was pretty limited to just the Pearl (WHICH SUCKS!! Best phone RIM makes IMHO!!! ) If they do get a patch for it, any idea how it will get sent to users and installed on me handheld?
    01-01-08 04:06 PM
    Most of this is due to third party apps, the best thing to do is uninstall unused languages, sample video and pics, and keep an eye on your memory. All apps get installed on the device not the sd card.
    01-01-08 04:16 PM
    Wow..some bad information in here.

1. Adding a media card will not solve problems of memory leaks. It will only give you a place to store your photos so you don't take up so much valuable space with photos, etc.

2. Applcations cannot be stored on the media card so if you system says there isn't enough memory to install an app, the media card has nothing to do with it.

3. Most "memory leaks" are caused by 3rd party apps that don't manage memory very well. Also, using the application switcher (alt + esc) will suck down memory and after about 25 uses will clean out the memory in your device (delete emails and call logs.) There is a RIM KB article about this at Blackberry.com if you want more info on the application switcher issue.

What can you do? Make sure you close any applications that you use after using them. Don't press the red phone button to close an app. That leaves the app running. Most of the time the escape key will close an app but not always. Don't use the application switcher (alt + esc or from the home screen: Menu key >Applciation switcher) very often. Use it to see if there are any open apps but don't use it all the time.

Free up memory:

Why is my BlackBerry losing its call logs or message logs? - BlackBerryFAQ

How do I free up memory on my device? - BlackBerryFAQ

Additional information on memory leaks on the 8100 - BlackBerryFAQ

Most importantly, do a battery pull at least once a week and more often if you've used the device heavily.
    01-01-08 04:18 PM
    Also, using the application switcher (alt + esc) will suck down memory and after about 25 uses will clean out the memory in your device (delete emails and call logs.) There is a RIM KB article about this at Blackberry.com if you want more info on the application switcher issue.
    The switcher issue you mention raised further curiosity so checked out the RIM KB, only found KB13814 referencing the 8300 4.2.2 OS. Think the issue also exists on 8130's newer 4.3 OS??
    01-01-08 04:43 PM
    I know it doesn't specifically list the 8130 and/or OS 4.3. I've found that they don't always have all the OS's and devices listed that are affected by a certain KB. I think those KB's lag behind a bit.

You could always just give it a try....Backup the device and then use the application switcher 25 or 30 times and see what happens to available free memory. if you lose anything you can always restore your backup.
    01-01-08 04:48 PM
    I also haven't found any current information from RIM about the 8130 and 4.3 memory leak issue. It all reference older/different versions.
    01-01-08 04:50 PM
    It all still applies.
    01-01-08 04:52 PM
    I totally agree but it seems to me that RIM hasn't formally acknowledge the problem on the OS. 4.3 and 8130.
    01-01-08 04:54 PM
    It's possible though not likely that the application switcher problem has been fixed in 4.3 but I wouldn't count on it.
    01-01-08 04:56 PM
    You could always just give it a try....Backup the device and then use the application switcher 25 or 30 times and see what happens to available free memory. if you lose anything you can always restore your backup.
    ehh.. not feeling quite THAT investigational about it since I don't use AS very often anyway, so I'll just play safe and use it gingerly. Thanks for the heads-up tho, I was unaware of that one.
    01-01-08 05:19 PM
    Remember, the more free memory to start with, the more times you can use application switcher between battery pulls.
    01-01-08 05:22 PM
    Well, on my Pearl with 4.3.1 I tried the application switcher 25 times and noticed no decrease in free memory. I tried it on my 8320 with 4.2.2.184 and no change in displayed free memory. It could just be internal and doesn't show in free memory. I'd just be conscious of how often you use app switcher.
    01-01-08 05:33 PM
    I don't know if it is the application switcher or users just not "truly" closing programs/applications but John you know a lot more about this than me. I am just speculating.
    01-01-08 05:42 PM
    Not truly closing programs can do it too. The application switcher I just read about on blackberry.com. I think a lot of BBMessenger use will use up quite a bit of memory, too.
    01-01-08 05:53 PM
    Well, on my Pearl with 4.3.1 I tried the application switcher 25 times and noticed no decrease in free memory. I tried it on my 8320 with 4.2.2.184 and no change in displayed free memory. It could just be internal and doesn't show in free memory. I'd just be conscious of how often you use app switcher.
    hmm.. interesting, thanks for doing some playing with it.

And you have to keep rubbing in bout that 4.3.1 OS ya got there huh!!
    01-01-08 05:54 PM
    .........Who me?
    01-01-08 05:57 PM
46 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD