I am just switching over from a palm 700p and one thing I have noted is there is no dedicated phone keypad. My voicemail requires me to spell out the names of people to enter their extensions. On a regular phone I would hit 2 for ABC and 8 for TUV for example. How do I do this with Suretype?? I could carry a copy of the phone pad but there must be an easier way. Hope someone can help.
    Thanks
    11-28-07 03:51 PM
    you can put the keypad in number lock by pressing the alt key and the shift key....or you can enter each number indivdually by pressing the atl key and then the number. you would need to do that for every number if not in number lock.
    11-28-07 04:08 PM
    or...you can hold down the atl key while you enter the numbers....i just tried that and it is easier than putting the phone into number lock...
    11-28-07 04:10 PM
    i don't think that voicemail will care, aside from making yourself some sort of cheat sheet. or having years of experience with texting on regular phones, I don't think you're going to find a shortcut.
    11-28-07 04:32 PM
    The challenge then becomes how do I remember the letters that are on each of the phone keys without looking at one. Do you know what I mean. I have to spell for example Jones on the tele pad. Thanks for the numlok piece.
    11-28-07 04:33 PM
    no no no...

listen...

breathe deeply and embrace the crack....

type the name of the person you are trying to reach WHILE HOLDING THE ALT KEY....

blackberry does the rest...

...and the all lived happily ever after... now get in your jammies and go to sleep... and don't for get to brush...

-db
    11-28-07 04:35 PM
    ...hmmm...who would have thought..
    11-28-07 04:43 PM
    I will give it a try. Thanks. I knew they must have thought of this issue before now.
    11-28-07 06:18 PM
    I had a heck of a time with this yesterday. I understand the ALT+Letter idea, but how would you enter 1-888-SIRIUS

How do you get to the "S"? How do you disable suretype from this screen?
    11-28-07 10:35 PM
    no no no...

listen...

breathe deeply and embrace the crack....

type the name of the person you are trying to reach WHILE HOLDING THE ALT KEY....

blackberry does the rest...

...and the all lived happily ever after... now get in your jammies and go to sleep... and don't for get to brush...

-db
    Okay...I tried to do it exactly the way you are suggesting...and got a wrong number every time.

something is not working.

You try: 1-877-9-REPOWER.
    I held down the Alt key for the letters...and it didn't go thru...

i called and got a recording each time.
    08-07-09 02:28 PM
    Okay...I tried to do it exactly the way you are suggesting...and got a wrong number every time.

something is not working.

You try: 1-877-9-REPOWER.
    I held down the Alt key for the letters...and it didn't go thru...

i called and got a recording each time.
    LMAO... I think everyone's reading this wrong maybe?? You're saying like when you're calling a phone number, and it's 1-800-MATTRES... Which they mean 1-800-628-8737... But there's no way of KNOWING that those are the #'s on the blackberry... Thats what you meant, right?

Supposedly there's applications that you can install a normal phone keypad on your phone... Other than that, I just wait til I can get to a regular phone and look at the keypad haha. :-p
    08-07-09 02:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD