I need some help! For some reason, I can sync my 8130 with the Google calendar without a problem; however, I cannot get anything I load onto the 8130 to sync with the Google calendar. The directions on the Google site say it is 100% Blackberry friendly and will sync both ways. I've checked the options and settings, but I guess I'm just not doing something right. Has anyone out there had the same problem?

Travis
    02-22-08 10:41 PM
    What exactly is the problem you are having with it?
    02-23-08 10:06 AM
    At first I thought I had the same problem....but then it began to work. I wasn't sure if it was becuase I entered some dates "before" I set up my google-sync. I'm sure you have....but if not, once it's all set-up...try to add a new appointment and see what happens.
    02-23-08 10:11 AM
    Google Sync won't add items on your Blackberry calendar that you you put in BEFORE you install Google sync but after installing, it will sync entries made in your Blackberry from that point on. Also, if you have multiple Google calendars, you need to go into Google Sync on your Blackberry, hit the menu button>Options and scroll down to make sure you select all the calendars you want to sync with your Blackberry.
    02-23-08 10:53 AM
    Google Sync won't add items on your Blackberry calendar that you you put in BEFORE you install Google sync but after installing, it will sync entries made in your Blackberry from that point on. Also, if you have multiple Google calendars, you need to go into Google Sync on your Blackberry, hit the menu button>Options and scroll down to make sure you select all the calendars you want to sync with your Blackberry.
    Actually, that's not been my experience. I've done everything I can think of over the past few weeks to resolve the problem with no luck. I can pull calendar entries down from Google Calendar, but anything I add to my Pearl 8130 doesn't upload to the calendar. I've tried everything. If anyone has an answer I'd love to hear it.
    03-19-08 12:49 PM
    I have multiple calendars and cannot figure out what I'm doing wrong. It will only let me sync "default calendar" and will not let me change that option. Any suggestions?
    03-19-08 02:20 PM
    I have multiple calendars and cannot figure out what I'm doing wrong. It will only let me sync "default calendar" and will not let me change that option. Any suggestions?
    I had the same problem with my wife's Pearl. The login and password for google sync are case sensitive, but don't prevent you from "logging in" if you capitalize them. The SureType on her Pearl kept capitalizing the first letter of her login and password, so even though she appeared to be logged in, the only calendar she could sync was "default calendar," just like you. Once I forced the correct, lowercase login and password entries it worked like a charm. Give it a try and let me know if it works.
    03-19-08 07:44 PM
    Nice tip. I'm going to try that and let you guys know.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-19-08 08:03 PM
    I've finally got Google Sync working acceptably on my 8130. What seemed to finally work was this: (1) Put all calendar events on Google Calendar(s), (2) Wipe your BlackBerry calendar entirely, (3) delete Google Sync from your BlackBerry, (4) do a battery pull for good measure (or superstition?), (5) reinstall Google Sync, (6) logged in using your Google email account, do a Sync Now--that should replace your Default Calendar with your primary Google Calendar, (7) add any other Google Calendars you might use, (8) do a Sync Now to pick up your other calendar events.

Generally, I've found numerous problems that were cleared up by simply deleting and reinstalling Google Sync.

I've documented all this at blackberry8130.wordpress.com/2008/02/24/app-review-google-sync-for-blackberry/ if you care to read it.
    Kelly Carter
    03-20-08 12:59 AM
    I've finally got Google Sync working acceptably on my 8130. What seemed to finally work was this: (1) Put all calendar events on Google Calendar(s), (2) Wipe your BlackBerry calendar entirely, (3) delete Google Sync from your BlackBerry, (4) do a battery pull for good measure (or superstition?), (5) reinstall Google Sync, (6) logged in using your Google email account, do a Sync Now--that should replace your Default Calendar with your primary Google Calendar, (7) add any other Google Calendars you might use, (8) do a Sync Now to pick up your other calendar events.
    I've been using Google Sync for nearly a month now with no problems whatsoever. My wife and I both have BlackBerry devices (me = 8830, her = 8130) via Sprint, and we share our Google Calendars with each other. Worked great. Until yesterday (3/19). Successfully did a sync in the morning and then, starting in the afternoon, I started getting the "Server problems please check network settings, or try again later" error message. I haven't been able to resolve this.

I've just finished my second iteration of the steps described by Kelly, this time including a 5-minute-long battery pull. I'll go through my successes and failures step by step, per her instructions.

1 - 4) Success.
    5) Success. Followed the instructions on Kelly's blog.
    6) Success. I am able to sync my Google Calendar. Appointments appear in my BlackBerry calendar.
    7) Success. I choose to add my wife's calender in the Google Sync options menu.
    8) Failure. I am unable to sync my wife's calendar. Upon attempting to sync, I get the "Sync failed. Server problem please check network settings, or try again later." error message.
    8a) Upon removing my wife's calendar and attempting to sync my calendar only, I again receive the above error message.

Considering my Google Sync was working and simply stopped working for no apparent reason, coupled with the fact that I don't seem to be the only one having this problem, starting March 19, it is my belief that something's gone wrong on Google's end. What am I missing here?
    03-20-08 09:05 AM
    Can you tell me how tho wipe my calendar and I'll give this a shot!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-20-08 12:14 PM
    I had been having problems with this since last night, but it appears the sync application is working again. I was able to sync 3 google calendars 5 times in a row about an hour ago. I hope it's working for everyone else as well.
    03-20-08 02:42 PM
    jenmaxslp,
    I wiped the BlackBerry Calendar using the Desktop Manager's Backup/Restore (Advanced). Do a clear of the database labeled "Calendar - All." Always backup your phone before doing anything like this.
    Kelly
    03-20-08 08:41 PM
    VaguelyDissatisfied,
    I'll bet I've been through that process of removing/reinstalling a dozen times before I've settled into a stable working condition. I honestly don't know exactly what did the trick. I agree that something is wrong with Google Sync and/or Google Calendar. All this stuff is Beta, so we gotta expect some issues. You may want to try having a rabbit foot, or a four-leaf clover, or whatever brings you good luck while you're trying to get this working. Wish you the best.
    Kelly
    03-20-08 08:45 PM
    iceman138,
    How about telling us what you might have done to get it working? Or did it just work the first time?
    Kelly
    03-20-08 08:49 PM
    Actually, nothing I did helped - it just started working again. On the Google forums, an actual Google employee posted that they were having a problem on their end and that it was fixed as of 4:45pm EDT yesterday afternoon.
    03-21-08 07:24 AM
    I did delete and the reload google sync AND reentered my username making sure it was all lowercase and it worked!!! Thanks for these wonderful suggestions! I did not have to wipe my calendar after all.
    03-21-08 11:49 PM
    Here's kind of a round about sort of a way to do it...

What I did was to save my calendar in Yahoo, then export the file into Google and it's all good. Just make sure that you have all of the settings (like time and date format) the same otherwise it won't work right. Now, when I make a change on either the BB or the desktop computer the change is reflected in the other device.

Good luck!
    11-19-09 11:57 PM
    Hi
    i am using too google sync and the google calendar events won't sync to the blackberry calendar , i tried couple of times,restarted it but nothing...even one event wasnt .. what can i do?please help...
    i am on 8900 bb.
    thank you
    10-19-10 10:38 AM
    Hi
    i am using too google sync and the google calendar events won't sync to the blackberry calendar , i tried couple of times,restarted it but nothing...even one event wasnt .. what can i do?please help...
    i am on 8900 bb.
    thank you
    try using BIS 3.2s Contact and Calendar sync instead of using Google Sync.

Roland
    10-19-10 11:25 AM
    try using BIS 3.2s Contact and Calendar sync instead of using Google Sync.

Roland
    Can you please elaborate on how one may go about doing this?

Thanks
    03-25-11 11:43 PM
    Can you please elaborate on how one may go about doing this?

Thanks
    It's a setting on your carrier's BIS site. For you it's here:
    https://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=rogers

Log in and click the checkboxes for contact and calendar sync for your gmail account.

If you don't have a login and password for this site, or you don't remember ever using it, it means you configured your email from your phone directly. You can fine the email setup icon and access the same set of settings from there.
    03-27-11 11:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD