I get my alert that I have a notification from FB, so I go to my FB icon, notifications and go to the new one and I can not open it.

As anyone else had this problem w/ the 8130 Pearl? Can anyone help?
    09-16-09 04:48 PM
    Yea having the same problem, no idea why

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-16-09 06:10 PM
    I was just actually going to make this post too! Glad you did.. I first noticed it yesterday, and it seemed like it was only with one person, now it's with multiple alerts... What's the deal with this??

09-16-09 07:11 PM
    Count me in! I'm having the same issue. I was coming out here looking for answers... Hummm, any answers yet?
    09-16-09 07:49 PM
    I was just actually going to make this post too! Glad you did.. I first noticed it yesterday, and it seemed like it was only with one person, now it's with multiple alerts... What's the deal with this??

That's when I noticed it...
    I removed app, turn off, reinstalled app, turn off --- FYI did NOT help AT all
    09-16-09 08:02 PM
    Yeah I have done multiple reinstalls and changing settings and nothing really helps.

09-16-09 09:03 PM
    For now I just have disabled Facebook messages from showing up in my message queue. But it's still annoying to have to go into the application and not be able to have the full functionalities like normal. From there I just have been using the mobile site to do my browsing...

i don't understand how this is being caused. If it were a software issue, it would have been been occuring for quite some time I would think.. And I find it odd that many users ran into the probably around the same time.

09-17-09 01:03 AM
    My guess is it has nothing to do with the BB app since I'm using the same app I have been. The message seems to be status notifications and it doesn't launch the proper page so it's likely the message itself changed in some manner to break that prevents the BB app from acting on it.

Easiest workaround right now is to launch the mobile view of the site (launch the app menu within the Facebook app on the BB) and view the notifications from there.

David
    09-17-09 08:07 AM
    im new to crackberry and im not sure how to use it but i need help with facebook on my bb pearl 8130 from alltel. i wont send me notifications when i get a message or when some one comments on my status
    09-17-09 09:38 PM
    I have Verizon, and do not have a problem with the Facebook app. In fact, I prefer it on my BB Pearl to my iPod touch.
    09-18-09 05:09 PM
    Use the mobile site for now until the app is fixed.

09-18-09 05:32 PM
    the facebook app is having problems as there doing an update there are many threads on this that go into detail of why.. as aaron said use the mobile site as it works fine
    09-18-09 11:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD