What's up with the call recording? Do we have it or not?
    It seems as if we may have to jump through hoops to use the VR+ "speaker phone thing, it may record it may not" I know some states may not let you record conversation, boo hoo.

I'm ready along with a boat load of others to purchase an application that records mobile conversations.

8130 user
    01-27-08 08:34 AM
    Bump.

In a lot of states it's legal as long as someone else (anyone) knows you are recording a caller.

As far as how to record using 8130, I was looking for an answer to this as well.
    03-30-08 10:00 AM
    i dont believe the 8130 can...

and generally the legality issue is settled if you TELL the other person you are recording the conversation..

-db
    03-30-08 10:03 AM
    you need to wait for tht functionality....may be xeeta could do that after some time
    03-31-08 01:32 PM
    I'd love to be able to do this for phone interviews.
    03-31-08 01:52 PM
    We can worry about the legalities, but the question is whether the capability is there or not. This would be useful for me as well.
    06-17-08 11:31 AM
    Before I came to Blackberry, I used the Palm Treo 700 and on that phone when in a phone call I simply used the side key to activate the voice recorder, but on my 8130 pearl 2 when I do this is gives me a message that recorder cannot record during a phone call!! So i'm guessing that we cant do it just yet, maybe a new app will come soon that allows it.
    06-17-08 12:22 PM
    1) So, for those of you interested in recording a call conversation -- I was not able to find a function or a 3rd party application as of yet. I will find it though...
    On the positive note though, I have updated my BB Curve 8320 to the Operating System version 4.5.0.42 .... AND it now has note voice recording (but not call recording). You can find out more about this here: dubayadubayadubaya dot cellunlockforumdotcom slash showthread dot php?t=17
    (the forum won't allow me to post url until 10 posts, sorry)
    2) For those of you upset, or otherwise dumbfounded about why someone would want to record a call I say: "Chill." This is legal with some provisos. NOW, PLEASE READ CAREFULLY: you can record a conversation and a) not tell anyone -- in this case your recording is inadmissible as any legal evidence, or b) you disclose your intention to record before conversation -- in this case all is fair and admissible. NOW, in the instance (a) one can use the record as one pleases and no legal body should take it seriously. I, for example, have worked in the limo business for a while, and I regularly recorded conversations over the phone without disclosure of my actions when a dispatcher was calling me with an address, or a customer was giving me their credit card number. It's all perfectly normal and legal as the information went no further. And no one can sue me for doing this. But this function is incredibly useful when you're driving, have no pen + paper to write stuff down, your hands are busy, for documenting purposes. Also, someone has mentioned either in this or similar threads that there has to be an audible periodic "beep" signal when conversation is recorded by law. To this I say: "No, it doesn't have to be there." I regularly deal with medical insurance companies. They record all conversations. Period. There never is a "beep" or any other indication, and, by the way, they periodically forget to mention the recording part too.

Paranoids of the forum: relax, you have long signed your privacy away to the bloody Patriot Act and to the Bu..sh-it and Co.. A recorder phone conversation would be the least of my worries right now.

Anyway, for the good users of the BBerries: as soon as I discover a conversation recorder soft or a crack, I'll post one here.
    06-17-08 09:24 PM
    Yeah, previous poster is dead on. There are various versions of the statutes that govern your rights to record or to not be recorded but they vary from state to state. For instance, in my state it is legal as long as one party (yourself for instance) knows that it is happening.

But back to the heart of the thread.......why can't we have this capability? My old VX9800 had it!

Although.......Maybe it is because the Blackberry is such a business oriented phone. It would probably be bad for security if internal, confidential company conversations could be recorded and sold off to the highest bidder...
    06-17-08 09:38 PM
    I have always had the option to record calls on my previous phones. But not on my Berry. I use the phone record option all the time at work. I would never speak to my boss on anything but my cell phone. My LG 8300 had abought 2 hours of conversations with him, over the course of several years. AND I was very glad it did; everytime he would try something I would say nothing until the big displine meeting between mangement and our Union. He would lie about something and I would have the truth right there. He eventually got let go, he cost a lot of good workers their jobs, and I think the company figured that out after I punked him out a few times in front of the right people. I actually did not trade up for awhile because the call recording was so nice on that phone. And as long it's not in a court of law. Like the way I was doing it, recording company calls on company property over company matters, totally fine.
    I would love to have the abilty to record calls again. But now that snake is not my boss, I have no real need to.
    06-17-08 11:42 PM
    There are 11 states that are an all parties must consent. I have the list at home i'll post them later.

One being Illinois but there is a loop hole to it.

If you are a party to the conversation you can record

If you are recording something you could naturally hear with your own ears you can record

By record I mean have a recorder on yourself in a face to face or recording a phone call.

1984 binder vs illinois state fire and police commision.

I might be wrong on the date i'll check my file when I get home.
    06-18-08 08:00 AM
    I too will begin searching for a way to record calls. In my previous job my boss was a total feeb at management. The only thing I could use to combat her stupidity was emails. I wish I could have recorded some of the assinine things that she proposed.

Dm

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-18-08 10:03 AM
    I too will begin searching for a way to record calls. In my previous job my boss was a total feeb at management. The only thing I could use to combat her stupidity was emails. I wish I could have recorded some of the assinine things that she proposed.

Dm

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    It is funny you mention that. My boss refused to talk to anyone in an email for fear of being caught . I still rememeber the look on his face when I hit the play back button my phone. It was priceless. I only wish that the recordings could have been used in court, it would have cost the company Millions. But he got canned, so evil was foiled thanks to technolgy.
    06-18-08 06:06 PM
    The point of this thread is not to discuss the legality of the call record function. Please start a different thread.
    This thread is for those that don't care about the legality and just want to get the function. Period.
    I spoke to RIM customer support yestereve, and the lady said that the capability is there and so is the technology. Whether something is in the works, she does not know, BUT she gave the email of [email protected] where one can write with any suggestions. So, please, any of you that sorely miss the call recording feature, won't you email the RIM your opinion (politely) of the importance of having such a feature. You can mention such BS cliches as "National Security", "Whistleblowing", "Driving Safety", you get the drift. (It could be [email protected] -- the lady had a heavy indian-latino accent)
    Concerned Consumer likes this.
    06-18-08 10:52 PM
    Hey guys,

Just wanted to let you know that we are currently working on a call recording system for blackberry cell phones.

PM me if you would like more information about it.

We normally don't program cell phone applications.

But in this case however we are. I have a Treo 755p that I don't want, but I am bound to it (as I see some of y'all have been) because of the call recording feature.

A really want the blackberry curve because of its video capabilities. (Mine is horrible).

I know this is my first post, so I hope this doesn't seem "spammy", I'm just trying to offset some of the expense in building the recorder.

Mark
    RecordedCalls com
    11-18-08 01:17 PM
    I had a phone with a recorder on it that I used all of the time. If someone gave me directions over the phone if I was driving or a phone number when I was driving. Also, if I called 411 for a number I could just record it and not have to pay to get it again via calling or text. I would love to have that feature back because of those reasons.
    11-23-08 10:04 AM
    It is funny you mention that. My boss refused to talk to anyone in an email for fear of being caught . I still rememeber the look on his face when I hit the play back button my phone. It was priceless. I only wish that the recordings could have been used in court, it would have cost the company Millions. But he got canned, so evil was foiled thanks to technolgy.
    Righteous kill man...righteous!

Dm
    11-24-08 08:35 AM
    I am still very interested in an app that allows call recording...

I thought the "underground" would have it out by now....

what's the latest detman??
    11-24-08 08:44 AM
    I am still very interested in an app that allows call recording...

I thought the "underground" would have it out by now....

what's the latest detman??
    Well, my research has been reappropriated to this....

But now that that project is completed I can get back to focusing on my blackberry projects...

Dm
    11-24-08 02:41 PM
    thanks for the info detman... keep us posted on the progress brotha
    11-24-08 02:52 PM
    thanks for the info detman... keep us posted on the progress brotha
    Will do.

Dm
    11-24-08 07:33 PM
    Hey Mark. How is production coming? When is your app going to be available? I am a reporter in a state where one-person consent is legal, and I can't count the number of times I finally caught someone on the phone while I was driving and would have killed to have been able to record the conversation. So, when are you going to make my blackberry super-awesome?
    12-27-08 08:45 PM
    Looking for a solution as well, we are also in a one-party state and need to record conversations with clients.
    01-08-09 10:13 AM
    Has anyone tried mVoice by MotionApps? Just discovered that QmobilSoft makes the exact product, known as CallRec, but for the Palm! If only they (or someone else) made it for Blackberry... Any other developments?
    01-16-09 03:56 PM
    Totally maddening. Am now seriously considering ditching the Blackberry 8220 and getting the new Palm Pre. Such a shame...but I really do need this feature. A bit it has proved so difficult for RIM to make it accessible. Thanks for all of your help!
    01-17-09 03:45 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD