Sorry for posting this again I was just wondering if there is anything I can do to fix my situation where it seems my blackberry froze and crashed on me and now an 552 error message just pops up and will not dissapear even when I remove the battery and put it back in. I was transferring songs directly to the blackberry and I think maybe I did use up to much memory. I had about 12 songs on there and they were majority in between 200-500kbs and I believe one or two at 800 something kbs. I still have this error message pop up. Is there anything I can do. Please advise I would appreciate it.
    01-18-08 11:46 AM
    Is the device memory full? Go to Options > Status and check your File Free. If you do not have any device free, delete the mp3s you have transferred.
    01-18-08 12:41 PM
    Sorry rocker, I hate to be the bearer of bad news but your OS has been toasted. You'll need to reload the OS. Your BB can be saved, all data on the device will be lost, but you can recover from your last backup, hopefully you've done a backup recently.

Probably the easiest to follow instructions are right here on CB BlackBerry 101: How to Reload the Operating System on a Nuked BlackBerry | CrackBerry.com
    01-18-08 12:49 PM
    well dude i have a solution for you i think is gonna work because i just did it with my curve 8900 the thing was that i downloaded some apps. then i turned it off but when i turned it on the screen was withe an it said--reload software 552- i tryed everything but stil like that ,so accidentaly i update my framework 2.0 to 4.5 and it worked perfectly because when i tryed to reload my O.S. i download it from my carrier (t-mobile) so i tryed once more and bingo!!!! it worked so if you guys have that issu it can be a good way to solve it ,hope this to help someone.......'till next.
    Last edited by pirata45; 06-03-09 at 01:46 PM.
    06-03-09 01:43 PM
    Im trying to do fix my friends phone and it has the reload software:552 error. im trying to reload the os but its asking for a password. my friend said he never changed any passwords on it so if anyone knows if the bold has a factory password that all bolds have so i can try to see if that works.
    thanks...
    06-09-09 03:31 PM
    I JUST had this problem after installing the ap news app and restarting. I couldn't get rid of the error and it didn't look like my 8900 was connecting to the desktop software. I chose the "application loader" option and did "start". When it asks for password just press OK to bypass. I then deleted the ap news app and it was miraciously working! No need for reinstalling OS and didn't lose anything.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-16-09 10:05 PM
    I JUST had this problem after installing the ap news app and restarting. I couldn't get rid of the error and it didn't look like my 8900 was connecting to the desktop software. I chose the "application loader" option and did "start". When it asks for password just press OK to bypass. I then deleted the ap news app and it was miraciously working! No need for reinstalling OS and didn't lose anything.

I followed this route instead of reinstalling the OS and it worked.. Yipe... Thanks alot. Ppl I urge you try this method first.

Thanks Stringer
    06-25-09 06:49 PM
    had my 8900 crap out and got the 552 error message this morning. I went back through the desktop manager and unloaded all the apps that i didn't need and its fine. something with the 8900 + apps = 552 error message. Wierd
    07-06-09 11:29 AM
    I'm trying to do your method of uninstalling the problem programs, but DM keeps stalling on the "searching for available device software" screen. Is this normal? Any suggestions to get passed this step? I would really like to preserve the data on my phone!
    07-06-09 08:56 PM
    I'm trying to do your method of uninstalling the problem programs, but DM keeps stalling on the "searching for available device software" screen. Is this normal? Any suggestions to get passed this step? I would really like to preserve the data on my phone!
    try to update the framework searching in google for the newest framework
    ,i think it's windows framework 4.5 but it can be 3.5 or anyone higger than yours ...i hope to help ypu with this good luck
    07-07-09 01:08 AM

Yep. The first time I fried mine it was with the AP News app too. I just fried it again with something else I guess. This is the 2nd time in about 6 weeks. This is unacceptable.
    07-14-09 12:10 AM
    Yep. The first time I fried mine it was with the AP News app too. I just fried it again with something else I guess. This is the 2nd time in about 6 weeks. This is unacceptable.
    happened to me just now for the 2nd time. This time it was right after I installed an update to Evernote, rebooted, and blam 552 error. This is reall pissing me off.
    07-25-09 04:33 PM
    this is like my 4th ******* time this **** didnt happen on my G1 blackberry is becoming a thing of the past to me
    07-29-09 12:06 AM

I did this and it worked! I see this error is do to shortage of device memory. Best advice i can give is to delete as many unnecessary apps as possible and reduce reserved pictures memory.
    07-29-09 04:47 PM

hi was wondering if you explain to me how to do it.. i have that same error message on my blackberry storm.. the reload software 552
    08-04-09 03:01 PM

hi was wondering if you explain to me how to do it.. i have that same error message on my blackberry storm.. the reload software 552
    08-04-09 03:03 PM
    had my 8900 crap out and got the 552 error message this morning. I went back through the desktop manager and unloaded all the apps that i didn't need and its fine. something with the 8900 + apps = 552 error message. Wierd
    I had a Treo 600 for a bit in 2004-2005.

One of the problems with Palm OS is they kept tacking more and more on top of it, asking an OS created in 1996-97 to download podcasts, pull down photos, etc.

I think we're witnessing the same happening with the BB operating system. Are the Palm OS and BB OS one and the same? No...

Are they being stretched beyond they're original limitations? perhaps...improvements they've made in 4.6.xx and 4.7.xx are making things a little unstable. In my opinion.
    08-09-09 10:46 AM
    Add me to the 552 club. I hate it. It has happened to me at least 4 time in 4 weeks on the Tour. Here is my post from blackberryforums.

I need some help, or at least some explanations.
    Every so often, more often than I like, I will load some new application and boot to an error 552 with no boot. Some times I have managed to use BBSAK to remove the application and recover. Most times it goes downhill from there.

1) Are there any precautions to avoid these errors?

When all fails, I have to resort to performing the following.
    - Wipe the device
    - Reload the OS
    - Reload all of my 3rd Party Applications
    - Restore my data

This works some of the time but occasionally takes a couple of tries. With the loooong Tour reboots, it takes up to two hours to fully restore. Then comes the frustrating part. Even with all the data restored, allmost all of my 3rd party apps require me to re-enter the registration codes, etc. Many times I also have to reset the options. WHY? Isn't this data stored? Why does the data restore not restore the registration codes?

What am I doing wrong. I am now afraid to load any new software cause as much as I love to try new apps, I am tired of bricking my Tour.

Help!!!

This is driving me crazy. I have learned alot on how to recover from these forums, and thank goodness to BBSAK for saving my ****.

Bob

What a long strange trip it's been.

bobchernow
    08-12-09 01:14 PM
    ok what's BBSAK?

second, I'm guessing these apps are not compatible with the Tour, yet.
    08-12-09 02:31 PM
    You can find BBSAK at RIMGeeks.com. It is a utility that uses javaloader.exe to wipe the os, backup and restore 3rd party apps, and more. I would be lost without it.

Bob
    08-12-09 07:51 PM
    I followed this route instead of reinstalling the OS and it worked.. Yipe... Thanks alot. Ppl I urge you try this method first.

Thanks Stringer
    Hi! I have the 9630. Hopefull this method will work for me as well. Can a girl get step by step directions to do this? I'm new at this. Any help would be wonderful.
    11-04-09 09:05 AM
    My phone also got toasted! I tried every single method I read on every thread and nothing.. took it to Verizon and the tech also tried the same methods, nothing! I had to get a new phone shipped to me I was VERY smart to not back up my stuff .. so I lost everything! ughh! The verizon guy did mention that I would get an updated software on this phone and better trackball... apparently they made a new batch of phones with "better" trackballs... we'll see!!!! ugh
    11-04-09 11:52 AM
    I got the dreaded 552 error recently and had to reload everything, after reloading though, the Application Center (not that I use it) as well as the games that should be there (i.e. brickbreaker) are not back. It has been 3 days now, and I would have thought that I would get these things pushed back to me, but this does not seem to be the case.

Does anyone know how to get these things pushed back? Did I not reload everything right? Any solutions or suggestions would be great.
    11-11-09 12:17 PM
    If you're on BIS, try going to the VZW BIS website (do a search, sorry I don't have it handy) and pushing service books from there. Once you log in, you'll see a link on the left side "send service books". This should push back out what you're missing.
    11-12-09 07:01 AM
    I am having this problem, right now. This is my third time in the past two days. The first time, it was one app (Tiny Twitter) and once I took it off, all was well. Unfortunately, it took out my BBM. When I tried to reload BBM, it power cycled until I pulled the battery, again, and all was well. Tonight, I was taking things off of my phone and got the error message and white screen, again. I'm currently trying to downgrade my OS and hope for the best!

Wish me luck!!
    11-28-09 02:39 AM
119 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD