Hello everyone, I just wanted to tell you that I got my otterbox case today for my 8320 Curve. I love this case, it was very easy to install and it took me maybe 2 min at that and it has a very sturdy feel to it. I would say to anyone who is thinking of getting this case to take the plunge and buy it. I found a 20% discount online so I only paid $46.77 and thats with shipping in the US. I will post some pix when I get a chance. This case is worth the money to protect your BB. I work at a psychiatric Hospital so I need a tough case for my BB, not to mention I also have a 2 yr old that thinks my blackberry is her BB and is always taking off with it. LOL . So now I feel that my berry will be safe anywhere I go. If you would like to know more about the otterbox case let me know.

Aaron
    02-28-08 06:24 PM
    YUP! I love mine! I ordered my wife one for her 8130 since they released earlier this week!
    02-28-08 06:27 PM
    YUP! I love mine! I ordered my wife one for her 8130 since they released earlier this week!
    I glad you like yours. Its an awesome case!!!! what BB do u have?
    02-28-08 06:30 PM
    Would like to see some pictures if you have the time.
    02-29-08 01:46 AM
    I had won the Otterbox in the CB Christmas contest. It really is a sturdy case.
    02-29-08 04:42 AM
    I have a couple of questions.

Will it help protect my BB from dust? I have had my Pearl since Dec and it's already got a few dust particles under the screen.

I'm guessing that encased in the Otterbox my BB won't fit in the holster?
    02-29-08 06:33 AM
    If you use the inner silicone skin, it might keep the dust particles out, but it's difficult to get the bubbles out. I don't use it in mine.

As for the holster, it comes with one. Kind of bulky, though.

All in all, I LOVE my Otterbox.

Lis
    02-29-08 06:42 AM
    I just have a quick look at it online and I'm thinking it'll be a good investment.

I'll check out eBay
    02-29-08 07:04 AM
    I've been thinking about the new Otterbox for my 8130. My big thing is that i am not sure if i will like how much it adds to the size of my pearl. I love how small and slim it is, since i always keep it in my pocket.

I'm not a holster man, i'm a pocket man, lol.

I might just pick it up anyways.
    02-29-08 12:55 PM
    Ok here are some pix. There are a few bubbles under the plastic but I don't see them when the back light is on. Maybe when I get some time i will sit down and try to get the bubbles out. The last pix (pix 4) is of the case with holster. enjoy the pix.

Aaron
    Last edited by n7csi; 12-02-09 at 03:55 AM.
    02-29-08 01:00 PM
    Thanks for the pics! Whichever layer has the clip on it - is that layer soft at all, or is it hard plastic?

Also, I know it's designed to have the front of phone facing toward hip, but is it possible to fit it in securely with the front facing out?

Thanks!
    02-29-08 02:23 PM
    I just have a quick look at it online and I'm thinking it'll be a good investment.

I'll check out eBay
    I picked up one off of ebay brand new for $37.99 with free UPS shipping. And it came shipped directly from Otterbox. Ebay is a great place to pick one up!
    02-29-08 02:41 PM
    Thanks for the pics! Whichever layer has the clip on it - is that layer soft at all, or is it hard plastic?

Also, I know it's designed to have the front of phone facing toward hip, but is it possible to fit it in securely with the front facing out?

Thanks!

The only way to place the BB is with the face facing toward your hip. I think this is done to help protect the screen. If you have it in the holster and on your hip the back side of the BB is exposed and if anything was to happen like u bump a corner or something hits your side where the BB is the hard plastic from the case will protect your phone and your screen is still safe. As for what layer has the clip on it, the clip is by it's self and you slide the BB into the case. I will post a pic of the clip and the case side by side.

Aaron
    02-29-08 06:11 PM
    I picked up one off of ebay brand new for $37.99 with free UPS shipping. And it came shipped directly from Otterbox. Ebay is a great place to pick one up!

Wow now i'm Jealous!!!!!!! I should have looked on ebay LOL could you please PM with the seller on ebay because I have a friend that just bought a BB Curve and wants to get an otterbox case. and I hope you like your case when you get it.

Aaron
    02-29-08 06:14 PM
    Ok here are two pic's. one is of the Clip and the front of the phone and the other is of the clip and the back side of the phone

Enjoy,

Aaron
    Last edited by n7csi; 12-02-09 at 03:55 AM.
    02-29-08 06:30 PM
    i was thinking bout getting one of these things but i have a couple questions. Does the case increase the size of the phone by much making it bulky and what not.... Also is the screen protector hard plastic of soft vinly. Thanks
    03-04-08 02:53 PM
    i was thinking bout getting one of these things but i have a couple questions. Does the case increase the size of the phone by much making it bulky and what not.... Also is the screen protector hard plastic of soft vinly. Thanks
    Yes, it does increase the size a bit. The screen protector is vinyl-like. I stopped using mine, due to the dreaded "I can hear myself echo" statements from everyone I talk to with it on. On top of that, they also complain that they cannot hear me.
    03-04-08 03:51 PM
    The new Otterbox case does not work with the sleeper function. Otterbox has admitted that there is a design flaw and will either replace the holster (when they get the new modified ones) or refund your money. I am taking the refund. Not sure how long it will take for the new holster. The new case is very nice though, just a little bulky. You must remove the factory installed cover over the hole for the trackball on the clear membrane though. The instructions do NOT tell you this.
    03-05-08 08:52 AM
    The new Otterbox case does not work with the sleeper function. Otterbox has admitted that there is a design flaw and will either replace the holster (when they get the new modified ones) or refund your money. I am taking the refund. Not sure how long it will take for the new holster. The new case is very nice though, just a little bulky. You must remove the factory installed cover over the hole for the trackball on the clear membrane though. The instructions do NOT tell you this.
    (UPDATE) Otterbox agreed and is refunding me my money. They also said I could keep the case! Now that is customer service! It was handled quickly and I am satisfied. Would I buy more product from them, you bet!
    03-05-08 02:51 PM
    i ordered it direct from Otter Box and it was $50, I also ordered a waterproof box to put it in. (Otter Box 2000) for $18 and got free shipping. (great for taking out on boat) If you order from Otter Box, google "Otter Box Promotion Codes" and there is a code to give you an additional 20% off. I got the case, and a waterproof case delivered for $54
    03-06-08 09:43 AM
    Kind of late post, but i just picked up the otter box defender for the 8100 and it ******** great.
    omg, what a case....
    03-09-08 06:29 AM
    I am international buyer, Can I use the "Otter Box Promotion Codes"? or direct to ebay seller? which is better? Thanx.
    03-09-08 09:26 AM
    i ordered it direct from Otter Box and it was $50, I also ordered a waterproof box to put it in. (Otter Box 2000) for $18 and got free shipping. (great for taking out on boat) If you order from Otter Box, google "Otter Box Promotion Codes" and there is a code to give you an additional 20% off. I got the case, and a waterproof case delivered for $54
    Coincidentally, I got the very same deal when I bought my Curve defender case. I even ordered the same waterproof box for use on my boat . Blackberry Sync was offering a 20% promotion code at the time, but there are usually similar codes to be found on the net.

I am extremely impressed with the quality of both Otter boxes.
    03-09-08 08:22 PM
    i got mine from mobilecityonline.com they are in ny and ship worldwide
    they cost only 39.99 here.
    cheapest i have seen and also a store called semsons.com or something like that also has them for 39.99
    03-09-08 09:04 PM
    I also have an Otterbox, but to be honest, I don't like it at all.

First of all, I had problems adding the protective cover thing to my 8100, the transparency was....somehow shifted, tho hole didn't fit with the Blackberry and the overall size was too small.

I won't send it back since I'm from Germany and I won it last christmas (here). The price was 50$ and the shipping (which I didn't pay for) was 40$.....

Stefan
    03-10-08 07:14 AM
71 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD