Hey everyone! So I got my BSE today for my Curve and wanted to throw it right on. But I decided to take some pics to show you how I did!

First let me say, I get VERY impatient quickly with things and the anger management course I took years back didn't do squat to help me with it. So I made sure I was in the right frame of mine going into this.

I started with the 10oz of cool water and I used Woolite for the mild soap (BSE says baby shampoo works well--I don't even have adult shampoo, I don't even have hair!!!).

First I cleaned the phone really, really well and washed my hands.

Here's what it looks like it when it comes in the sheet (BTW! It comes in a regular mailing envelope and looks like junk mail, be careful not to look quickly at it and toss it out!!!!!):

I personally wanted to start wit the screen side (the directions tell you to do so as well!) But I did it because I had no idea how well this would turn out and the screen being protected is the most important thing to me.

First, I lay that sh*t down:

Then I smoothed it out a bit on the screen with my fingers still wet (waiittt this sounds like a trashy romance novel!) and then tried the driver's license thing to get rid of bubbles:
    06-20-08 05:40 PM
    When doing the flaps and the parts that "hang over", they say to wait 15-30 minutes before pressing them into place. I of course was jumping the gun and trying to hold them in place WWWAAAYYY to early. It worked but I had to hold it for like 10 minutes, which I could've just waited the appropriate amount of time anyway. Later on when I did the corners I found waiting before pressing is totally the way to go (Who'da thunk following the directions is a good idea!?!)

06-20-08 05:41 PM
    Then I did the back. After giving it some time to hang for a bit, I found that "pressing" the fold over spots was easier when I just held it to my stomach rather than using my finger tips to get all the spots.

At this point, this is how I look:
    06-20-08 05:42 PM
    Then to the corners:

After putting these on, it was a HUGE advantage to wait for them to settle before pressing them into place, there almost isn't a flat spot existing on this part so I played it patient and that worked great!

06-20-08 05:43 PM
    The middle part of the bottom where it says Verizon was a no brainer so I didn't even bother with pics on this one, but you can see it in the finished product!

Fin:

06-20-08 05:44 PM
    So far I like the feel of this, it has a nice grip feel to it and even adds some weight to the phone--VERY little. I think the Curve is so light sometimes I forget it's in my hand! This helps give some "beef" to it if that makes sense.
    I just realized that I didn't include a pic of the screen lit up, maybe I'll do that later if someone wants to see, but the skin doesn't effect looking through the screen at all.

For $8.99 (After shipping) and just over an hour and playing with my patience--this was worth it

Next...............the iPod and I'll see if they sell these for my car Goodbye having to wax it!!!!!!

Hope this helped at least one person out there!
    06-20-08 05:48 PM
    Ah screw it I'm on a roll so here's pix of the screen lit up through the skin.

06-20-08 06:02 PM
    Hey, thanks for taking time to document that. Been contemplating BSE-ing my 8830.

Nice haircut BTW
    06-20-08 06:21 PM
    Sultan,
    Excellent post A to Z nice job! That face was priceless.
    06-20-08 06:30 PM
    I dont think I am patient enough, but great work.
    06-20-08 06:36 PM
    Nice job on the documentation Sultan.
    Now if you had just done it in B&W
    and posted in the 8310 B&W pic thread
    you'd have made Msmari's day

What were you thinking
    06-20-08 06:42 PM
    LoL maybe I'll edit them in photobucket and make 'em B&W. I've got some other pix for her!
    06-20-08 06:50 PM
    I put a full body shield on a 8830 awhile back. I dont think I would have the patience to do it again.

Just give me a screen protector and a gel skin and Im good to go.
    06-20-08 11:47 PM
    Thanks!!! This helped a lot and my BSE now looks great!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by bahumutx; 06-27-08 at 09:38 AM.
    06-27-08 09:35 AM
    Great documented post! Appreciate the time you took to put all that together
    06-28-08 09:29 PM
    I just ordered the InvisibleShield for my Curve today and now I'm a little ticked off that I didn't get the BSE. I paid something like $20.00 after the discount, and I see I could have gotten a full body BSE for $6.99. Grrrrrr.

Thank you for the tutorial, however. When mine arrives, I will be referring back to it repeatedly.

OH, and as an Optician, let me just compliment you on your choice in eyewear. Those glasses are fabulous on you!
    07-16-08 03:01 AM
    Think I.S. would take a return? Say you changed phones due to an accident or something.

So, I used to date my optician, and she would always pick out my glasses (I have a few pairs!). We broke things off and I had to go someplace else and 1. trust their opinion, 2. trust my opinion of how I looked in glasses that I couldn't see myself in!

I picked those up (Banana Republic) and said "ok, I'll take them". When I got home with the prescription they looked HUGE on me, far out to the sides, so I was really bummed. Since then, they've grown on me a bit. I'm REALLY glad you like them

Was that meant for a PM?? Everyone else doesn't HAVE to read it! lol
    07-16-08 07:47 AM
    I dont think I am patient enough, but great work.
    I was thinking the same thing.

And as usual, great pics Sultan
    07-16-08 09:25 AM
    I have very little patience myself, I went into it thinking it was gonna be a huge P.I.T.A. but it really wasn't that bad!
    07-16-08 01:36 PM
    Thanks for the great post.

BTW, what does BES stand for?
    Where did you get this product?
    07-17-08 10:49 AM
    Thanks for the great post.

BTW, what does BES stand for?
    Where did you get this product?
    BSE = Best Skin Ever

Best Skins Ever Home Page
    07-17-08 11:01 AM
    That, or Blackberry Enterprise Server...
    07-17-08 11:14 AM
    Sultan, great demo. You should be the spoke's person for BSE. I'm using an (Eeeew) case for my BB right now; it's ok, but I'd rather use something that shows off it's red attitude. I went with the case primarily because I can't get insurance on it and I'd like to keep it descent for at least the next 1 year, 8 months, 6 hrs and a bunch of minutes.. but who's counting the time to my next greatest and latest BB.. but I digressed.

Where can't I get the BSE? Can I get it for my 8310?

I'm SOLD on it; AND, and I'm very patient most of the time.

Take Care,
    ~C
    07-17-08 11:45 AM
    Thanks for the link..
    07-17-08 11:51 AM
    First off, thanks to the OP for this writeup. It made it so much easier reading this prior to trying it myself.

I just applied the BSE on my Sprint Curve 8330. First I took the Curve apart and set the battery and battery cover aside For the solution I used Johnsons Baby Shampoo and cleaned the Curve with rubbing alcohol. Then I used a microfiber cloth to wipe away any smudges or lint.

The one bad thing about this whole process is your BB will be out of service for a minimum 60 minutes. More like 90 minutes. So if you can not live w/o your BB for that long, you may want to figure something out.

Some observations/tips:

1. Be patient. Like the OP posted, this is very important. i'm a very impatient person so I went into this knowing i'd have to fight the urge to rush.

2. Wash your hands with dish soap before starting.

3. When they say wait 15-30 minutes before messing with the pieces with flaps....they mean it. I learned the hard way on the first piece I did (Screen) that had a flap (side). I only waited 5-7 minutes and it wouldn't stay down. I had to hold it in place for a long time. For the pieces I gave at least 15 minutes to settle, it was cake.

4. Keep an eye on all corners and flaps. Even when you think its set for good, it may start creeping back up. Hold it against your finger or your palm for a minute and it should be good.

5. The secret to the bottom corner pieces is to just set them there in place, and give them at least 15 minutes to set. Only part of them will be actually attached to the phone while some will be just hanging out. Trust me, after 15 minutes, they'll fold over and stick like glue.

6. There is a slight flap on the top of the battery cover. I smoothed out the whole back cover and left the top little flap chill for 15 minutes. Then it set right up.

7. Don't eat Popeyes and drink 6 beers before doing it. You may want to rush because your stomach is doing flips. Don't ask how I know. Just remember to wash your hands if you take a break while waiting for pieces to set up.

8. After you turn your BB back on, you'll probably see rainbow like stripes on the screen. Don't worry, this is just the adhesive/solution that has yet to dry/evaporate. They should all be gone within 24-48 hours.

Overall its a pretty simple installation and you can't tell its there unless you look at it in the right light.

So far I give this product an A+. I'll report back after I start using it. My plan is to leave it out of the OEM pouch I use for 24 hours.
    Last edited by RedWings; 07-18-08 at 10:20 PM.
    07-18-08 09:54 PM
164 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD