Just wanted to let you guys know that I picked up a snap in holster today for the otterbox commuter. I had been looking for a holster for a while that would fit this phone and the commuter. I went to Best Buy today to look around and found a brand called Platinum. After doing a bit of research I found that Seidio is the original maker and they make the cases for Best Buy. Luckily I could open each package and test them all out. I found that the curve 8900 innocase snap in holster works freakin awesome with the otterbox commuter. Actually looks feels and functions like it was made for the OB case. It doesn't move at all once it's snapped in and the sleep function works as well. Here is a link to the holster that you will need.

Seidio Surface Innocase Holster Blackberry Curve 8900 - eBay (item 370318854605 end time Feb-09-10 20:03:24 PST)

Enjoy the pics!

02-02-10 05:38 PM
    I just ordered this holster from gocellular.ca. Thanks so much for sharing your find!
    02-02-10 06:17 PM
    Good luck breaking that! lol. Built like a tank! good job finding a holder too!! Even sleeps! How awsome is that!
    02-02-10 06:40 PM
    Sweet! Ill have to go check into that! My commuter case should be here soon,Thanks for the tip and the pics

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-02-10 06:42 PM
    Wonder if they make one for my storm 2 ? Thanks for the info

02-02-10 06:58 PM
    No problem guys. I know a lot of people have been looking for this answer.
    02-02-10 07:08 PM
    looks like a knock off of the seidios... well it at least looks exactly like the seidio ones lol
    02-02-10 08:15 PM
    awesome find and thanks for sharing!
    02-02-10 08:21 PM
    No problem guys. I know a lot of people have been looking for this answer.
    I emailed OB a while back asking if they are going to make a holster for it and they said "No" We would never see a holster for it.... Period
    02-02-10 08:50 PM
    Wonder if I can do the same thing withe the 9700 using the same products

02-03-10 06:39 AM
    i would HIGHLY recommend NOT buying from that ebay seller... from the looks of the pictures of the OP holster and what the seller is saying on ebay ... This holster the selling is selling IS NOT A SEIDIO PRODUCT!!! report the ebay post and make sure they are taken down...
    Last edited by c_86; 02-03-10 at 11:03 AM.
    02-03-10 10:58 AM
    I wish I could find one that accommodated a 2 inch wide belt for the Defender series (Bold 9700).
    02-03-10 12:32 PM
    I wish I could find one that accommodated a 2 inch wide belt for the Defender series (Bold 9700).
    I feel your pain. I'm a LE Park Ranger and I've been looking for one to fit my duty belt. The one I just found works great though. It doesn't clip all the way but fits over my belt and holds well enough.
    02-03-10 08:01 PM
    I have the Seidio snap holster made specifically for the 9700, and I wonder if that will fit so I don't have to go buy the 8900 version of it. Should be getting my Commuter case any day now. I will report back and post pics if possible.
    02-03-10 08:26 PM
    you holster should work just fine spuds.. that case the OP posted is a knock off of the seidio one... the ebay seller is falsely sayings its seidio when its in fact not a seidio holster... i'm reporting it to ebay and to seidio as well
    02-03-10 08:29 PM
    I have the Seidio snap holster made specifically for the 9700, and I wonder if that will fit so I don't have to go buy the 8900 version of it. Should be getting my Commuter case any day now. I will report back and post pics if possible.
    Yes it should work fine. Please let us know though and thanks.

you holster should work just fine spuds.. that case the OP posted is a knock off of the seidio one... the ebay seller is falsely sayings its seidio when its in fact not a seidio holster... i'm reporting it to ebay and to seidio as well
    Wow. Thanks for mentioning this! I was not aware!
    02-03-10 08:40 PM
    this is what a true Seidio Holsters will look like... the one you have is a knock off sorry to say...

02-03-10 09:44 PM
    this is what a true Seidio Holsters will look like... the one you have is a knock off sorry to say...

The holster I have is a Seidio holster but branded for Best Buy (they call it Platinum) and I really don't care if it's Seidio or not. It works perfect and the quality seems just like Seidio. It even had the same red sticker on the inside like the Seidio's do when new.
    Last edited by wmflyfisher; 02-03-10 at 09:58 PM.
    02-03-10 09:56 PM
    hmmm ODD!! i wonder if they use the same factory or not... oh well as long as you are happy with it right? thats all that matter enjoy the holster man, they are great!
    02-03-10 10:16 PM
    Yeah I was pretty surprised too!! It does seem to be built well. Hopefully some here can confirm as well.
    02-03-10 10:21 PM
    I just got my commuter case today and I really love it. I got used to the holster, despite the company IT guy look it gives you, but idk if I'm gonna look for one to hold the commuter-berry or not

One issue I had was with the included screen protector. I had trouble getting the second little tab off..the one that says "remove after installation" on it. Now I have a little residue irritating me in the top left of my screen. Anyone else experience that? I guess I'll just wait until it bubbles and get a new one

02-04-10 01:42 AM
    So I am proud to report that my Seidio snap holster made specifically for the 9700 fits perfectly with the Otterbox Commuter case. Snaps in nicely and holds it snugly.

The only thing is that the locking mechanism does not engage because I am guessing that the size of the case lifts the snap arm up just enough to not allow it to lock BUT nonetheless it holds in the holster very nicely and does not move around. Go ahead and buy the holster.
    02-09-10 01:19 PM
    Great post! I just ordered one! I have been on the hunt for a holster to work with my Otter Box Commuter case for the 9700! Thanks a lot!
    02-09-10 05:26 PM
    Great post! I just ordered one! I have been on the hunt for a holster to work with my Otter Box Commuter case for the 9700! Thanks a lot!
    so now im confused you say the seidio 9700 holster is not totally clipping on, but the origional poster said it was an 8900 clip i wanna buy the right one ill prolly order the seidio one from here on crackberry
    02-09-10 05:40 PM
    so now im confused you say the seidio 9700 holster is not totally clipping on, but the origional poster said it was an 8900 clip i wanna buy the right one ill prolly order the seidio one from here on crackberry
    I found that when mine is in the Seidio Holster made for the 9700, only the locking mechanism will not engage, however, the phone with the case fits in the holster beautifully and nice and snug, so really, i dont have a need to use the locking mechanism.

If I remember correctly, the 8900 holster from Seidio does NOT have a locking mechanism, so it is ultimately up to you which one to buy.
    02-10-10 07:15 AM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD