Our Hybrid Tough case for the BlackBerry Bold 9700 uses the protective power of dual layers. A form-fitting silicone skin surrounds your BlackBerry Bold 9700 completely, absorbing each impact or hard-knock. Wrapped around the skin is a tough, ABS plastic shell for complete security, adding another level of protection�and making for a firm grip.

Case-Mate - Form fitting cases, holsters, skins, covers, and accessories for Apple iPhone, BlackBerry, iPod, and MacBook in premium leather.
    12-23-09 03:17 AM
    That's a nice looking case, I'm gonna look into it for sure.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-23-09 05:23 AM
    If you work on a construction site sure. Unless its one ugly mofo.
    12-23-09 08:03 AM
    i like this case
    12-23-09 10:07 AM
    just bought the black one. ill post up pics when i get it. interested to see how this compares to the otterbox commuter. mine never fits right where the charging/headphone ports are.
    12-23-09 10:30 AM
    i just ordered one for crackberry.com the black one also... the case looks good in black i'm not to crazy about the two-tone color i.e. green w/grey or blue
    12-23-09 01:03 PM
    Please please develop a Signature series Case-Mate for the 9700, like the one for the 8900. What an awesome case that was, and is the main reason I miss my 8900!!!
    12-23-09 01:58 PM
    Please please develop a Signature series Case-Mate for the 9700, like the one for the 8900. What an awesome case that was, and is the main reason I miss my 8900!!!
    If it is the leather one you are talking about, I'm pretty sure I just seen one on the website..
    12-23-09 02:46 PM
    I like that!!
    12-23-09 03:55 PM
    Any discount codes for this?
    12-23-09 07:14 PM
    Any discount codes for this?
    Not that I'm aware of. It looks like the shipping is free though if you go first class.
    12-23-09 09:13 PM
    Received my Case-Mate hybrid today in black (will post pics later)
    Ordered on 12/23 and it arrived today via USP First Class Mail.
    Nice case protects the 9700 well, installation was straight forward although it did take me 2 attempts to get the black silicone case into the plastic case so that everything fit correctly into the side slots (operator error)
    I'll post up pics tomorrow and more observations after some use
    12-26-09 06:25 PM
    Thanks for the follow up post. How does it compare with the otterbox commuter style case?

12-26-09 07:06 PM
    Not one of the best products on the market.

Definetly not something you want to slip into your trouser pockets and turn to a meeting with.

IMHO spoils the look of such a sleek and s*xed out phone!
    12-27-09 01:47 AM
    Not one of the best products on the market.

Definetly not something you want to slip into your trouser pockets and turn to a meeting with.

IMHO spoils the look of such a sleek and s*xed out phone!
    I don't think this is that type of case at all. When I think of use, I picture someone working out...anything active really. This is a substitute to the Otterbox for someone who wants a bit more style.
    12-27-09 10:22 PM
    Reminds me of the Otterbox Commuter but in a one-piece design instead of two.

Still liking my Epik resin case though.
    I cant wait for my Epik Resin to arrive
    12-27-09 10:39 PM
    i got mine saturday in the mail. overall im pretty happy with it. i like the way it looks, and it protects the phone well. there was a little bit of getting used to since the sides are thicker, and come up a little bit more. so typing took getting used to but after a few texts/emails im good to go. the only thing i dont like is the charging port. its just a flap over the port. unlike otterbox which actually plugs into it. not a huge complaint but the headphone jack plugs in.

as pounder001 said, i had the same problem when first putting on the case. took me 2 times to get it perfect. its a little tricky but once you get it on perfect its fine. all the buttons work as they should, and i have no problems with call clarity or anything.

my only other complaint is the same i had with the otterbox commuter....i wish they would put the hard shell going on all edges of the phone to hold the silicone down. on the otterbox i had the complaint of the sides by the screen moving around. this one is the top and bottom. not a huge problem but i just prefer it to be all secure.

pics later, i didnt have time to take any this weekend and i cant take them with my phone for obvious reasons

::edit:: this is also a 2 piece case in case people were wondering. the silicone part (color of your choice) and then then plastic outside. same idea as the otterbox commuter.
    12-28-09 10:36 AM
    i got mine saturday in the mail. overall im pretty happy with it. i like the way it looks, and it protects the phone well. there was a little bit of getting used to since the sides are thicker, and come up a little bit more. so typing took getting used to but after a few texts/emails im good to go. the only thing i dont like is the charging port. its just a flap over the port. unlike otterbox which actually plugs into it. not a huge complaint but the headphone jack plugs in.

as pounder001 said, i had the same problem when first putting on the case. took me 2 times to get it perfect. its a little tricky but once you get it on perfect its fine. all the buttons work as they should, and i have no problems with call clarity or anything.

my only other complaint is the same i had with the otterbox commuter....i wish they would put the hard shell going on all edges of the phone to hold the silicone down. on the otterbox i had the complaint of the sides by the screen moving around. this one is the top and bottom. not a huge problem but i just prefer it to be all secure.

pics later, i didnt have time to take any this weekend and i cant take them with my phone for obvious reasons

::edit:: this is also a 2 piece case in case people were wondering. the silicone part (color of your choice) and then then plastic outside. same idea as the otterbox commuter.
    Sounds like you've used both the Case-Mate and the Commuter. If you have, which one would you recommend? (ie, which is your favorite and why?)
    12-28-09 12:48 PM
    i personally like the case mate better. thats just me....i am a big otterbox fan, but i really didnt like the commuter case for the 9700. the case mate seems to hold together better. they both will probably offer the same level of protection, so its really just personal preference.
    12-28-09 02:23 PM
    i personally like the case mate better. thats just me....i am a big otterbox fan, but i really didnt like the commuter case for the 9700. the case mate seems to hold together better. they both will probably offer the same level of protection, so its really just personal preference.
    Thanks. I've also always been a big otterbox fan, loving the Commuter and Commuter TL cases for my iPhone. I'll look into this case-mate. It reminds me of another favorite iPhone case of mine, the Speck Candyshell. I really wish Speck made this case for the 9700.
    12-28-09 02:51 PM
    just got the case from crackberry.com here are a few pics.. sorry i took them in a hurry but u get the idea...

12-30-09 09:37 PM
    just got the case from crackberry.com here are a few pics.. sorry i took them in a hurry but u get the idea...

That look really nice! I think I might have to get one of these thanks for sharing!
    01-01-10 05:29 AM
    That look really nice! I think I might have to get one of these thanks for sharing!
    no pro... i had the case on for a solid day works well it comes in 2 pieces one rubber (black),one medium hard (grey outer)... all the ports line up good so far so good..i haven't put on the screen protector i'm lazy lol
    01-01-10 01:30 PM
    Thanks. I've also always been a big otterbox fan, loving the Commuter and Commuter TL cases for my iPhone. I'll look into this case-mate. It reminds me of another favorite iPhone case of mine, the Speck Candyshell. I really wish Speck made this case for the 9700.
    i have both the commuter and this case-mate case for the tour. i like the case-mate hybrid, fits nice, looks good, but i keep going back to the commuter case. it just fits better and isn't as bulky. i also noticed with the case-mate the top and bottom are flimsy cuz its just silicon and the hard portion of the case doesn't have coverage like the commuter does. its a minor complaint but it is noticeable.
    01-01-10 02:17 PM
    these look pretty cool but i dont like all the extra bulk.
    well see how i like my essex when it comes out and if it needs more bulk this may be my first case.
    01-01-10 09:30 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD