For those looking for case options, here's one I'm using. Made by Wire X Design. Plastic inside, rubberized outside, slightly less bulk than Otterbox. $12.99

BlackBerry Torch 9800 Skins and Gels -Guaranteed Compatible! -Wirefly 59029
    08-23-10 05:40 PM
    For those looking for case options, here's one I'm using. Made by Wire X Design. Plastic inside, rubberized outside, slightly less bulk than Otterbox. $12.99

This is pretty nice, man. Did you get this this linked website?
    You think this would fit the Torch with an Invisible Shield full body skin on it?
    08-23-10 05:54 PM
    It's a very precise fit, took a couple attempts to snap the back on. The extra millimeter for the invisible shield may or may not affect it.
    08-23-10 06:03 PM
    I'll give them a call & find out what there return policy is. I sure like invisible Shield but this looks pretty sweet also. Thanks for posting, man!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-23-10 06:08 PM
    I'll give them a call & find out what there return policy is. I sure like Invisible Shield but this looks pretty sweet also. Thanks for posting, man!!

08-23-10 06:10 PM
    Case-Mate Barely There Carbon Fiber Inset Shell - Cell Phone Accessories - Wireless from AT&T

I had to go with the carbon fiber CM case. Price is a bit steep but it sure does look classy. Plus it perfectly matches my tungsten and carbon fiber ring cause I'm cool like that

Here is a similar ring to the one I got too.

http://www.overstock.com/Jewelry-Watches/Tungsten-Carbon-Fiber-Band-8-mm/3517086/product.html?cid=123620&fp=F&ci_src=14110944&ci_sk u=11583137

Last edited by Thanontos; 08-23-10 at 06:27 PM.
    08-23-10 06:21 PM
    Case-Mate Barely There Carbon Fiber Inset Shell - Cell Phone Accessories - Wireless from AT&T

I had to go with the carbon fiber CM case. Price is a bit steep but it sure does look classy. Plus it perfectly matches my tungsten and carbon fiber ring cause I'm cool like that

That actually looks pretty nice. I normally don't use cases but need some protection while Seidio or someone comes out with a spring clip holster.
    08-23-10 06:25 PM
    The case fits pretty tight. However it makes a bit of noise as it hugs the phone when I type on it. The piece around the screen fits really good and I haven't had any issues with it.

I was surprised that with this case on my phone it fit into my storm 2 belt clip. I had the clamshell one that a piece went onto the storm and it slid into the belt holster with the screen facing inward.
    08-23-10 06:29 PM
    Here is the exact holster I use minus the piece that goes on the phone with the CM case on the torch. The screen hits sometimes and shuts off, but I have storm slider and my backlight is set to dim in 30 seconds so it doesn't bother me if the magnet functions or not.

Amzer Shell Holster Case Combo For BlackBerry Storm 2 9550 - Fommy.com

08-23-10 06:37 PM
    looks good
    08-23-10 06:47 PM

Tag-I just noticed, the one you posted pix of has a top ring that doesn't cover the phone speaker or BB logo.
    The one in the link does. It's a little different.
    I like the one you show. Not too down with the one on the link.
    I want my BB logo showin!!
    08-23-10 07:54 PM
    once I get a Torch 9800, I'll have to consider getting this case... do they make any other colors? is there a specific website/store to order/get it from?
    08-23-10 07:55 PM
    once I get a Torch 9800, I'll have to consider getting this case... do they make any other colors? is there a specific website/store to order/get it from?
    In the OP, man

08-23-10 07:57 PM
    Tag-I just noticed, the one you posted pix of has a top ring that doesn't cover the phone speaker or BB logo.
    The one in the link does. It's a little different.
    I like the one you show. Not too down with the one on the link.
    I want my BB logo showin!!

Hey BerryJunkie... good eye .... the pics on Wirefly are not accurate. But that is the item I ordered. The one I received obviously does not cover the speaker or surround the LED indicator .
    08-23-10 08:30 PM
    Hey BerryJunkie... good eye .... the pics on Wirefly are not accurate. But that is the item I ordered. The one I received obviously does not cover the speaker or surround the LED indicator .
    Dude....this thing is SWEET.
    One last question....maybe...is it slick?
    I ended up putting a generic invisible shield screen protector on the otter box so I could actually hold the d*mn thing.
    Does it have good resistance? Can you hold it in one hand and engage the slider easily by pushing up on the "beauty ring" with your thumb?
    08-23-10 08:39 PM
    that carbon fibre case is sexy as ****.. i want it but its so pricey!
    08-23-10 08:39 PM
    Dude....this thing is SWEET.
    One last question....maybe...is it slick?
    I ended up putting a generic invisible shield screen protector on the otter box so I could actually hold the d*mn thing.
    Does it have good resistance? Can you hold it in one hand and engage the slider easily by pushing up on the "beauty ring" with your thumb?

It's rubberized so no slippage....it actually helps with the one handed opening operation
    08-23-10 08:49 PM
    It's rubberized so no slippage....it actually helps with the one handed opening operation
    Cool. It also looks like it "recesses" the lock button a little, which has a hair trigger.
    I actually d/l'ed a keyboard locker app from App World (I think) that does a pretty good job of preventing pocket dialing or touch screen miss fires.
    Thanks for sharing, Tag !!!
    08-24-10 06:00 AM
    Just a quick FYI on cases for the Torch. I a using the leather case that came with my 9700 and if you insert the phone facing outward the magnets lineup and its a perfect fit.
    08-24-10 07:33 AM

This also looks like the Mobi Hard shell case in the CB store.
    08-24-10 08:48 AM
    This also looks like the Mobi Hard shell case in the CB store.

Yes.... think it's the same....mine has the same manufacturer's part number as the Mobi's
    08-24-10 11:36 AM
    Had to return mine to CB store because the top ring kept falling off. I liked it besides that.
    09-01-10 10:37 AM
    looks like the top ring on the slider part 'could' help with keeping the buttons on? it looks like it offers some protection to the lip of the buttons bar...
    09-01-10 11:14 AM
    I just clipped this bad boy on my Torch.
    This case is AWESOME!!!!!
    Fits like a glove, very stealth, seems to cover all the parts that would be vulnerable in a drop on concrete.
    Very much assists in the slider operation, as well.
    I had the Otter Box Commuter for a while, but it added way to much bulk, but maximum protection.
    This case is a happy medium between commando and good protection.
    Deff worth a look.

P.S.-This case DOES NOT resemble the one on the WireFly web site. It's the one in the OP's pix
    OP...thanks for the heads up on this!!!!!!!!!!!!
    09-10-10 07:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD