Ok, I am lost... what is the difference in 1x and 1xev?
    1x is just your standard data transfer protocol for CDMA networks. 1XEV is high speed. EDVO (Evolution Data Only/Evolution Data Optimized )...almost equivalent to 3G
    09-06-08 08:57 AM
    hey csouth user for 9 years second blackberry (8703e & 8130). im from jackson, ms. had major problems with the pearl at first. the 8703e was great.
    hiya! many years here too (6 or 7). i love csouth, and i love the 8703. gave my old one to my nephew just last week and the memories started churning. have the curve now. my niece has a pearl and upgrading her to the latest beta resolved nearly 100% of her issues...including memory. search the forums and check it out. it's a possibility if you're comfortable with it?
    09-06-08 08:59 AM
    Has anyone heard any rumors of the next berry Cellularsouth might get?
    09-06-08 09:43 AM
    I've been with Csouth for 7 or 8 years and I have BB 8330. Does anyone else have a problem with battery life on their phone ? I can't go half a day without recharging.
    09-09-08 12:03 PM
    I've been with Csouth for 7 or 8 years and I have BB 8330. Does anyone else have a problem with battery life on their phone ? I can't go half a day without recharging.
    I did until I upgraded away from the 4.3 os that came with the phone....also had a friend with the same problem, did the upgrade for them. and no more complaints!
    09-09-08 08:39 PM
    Where did you get the new OS that you upgraded too?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-09-08 08:44 PM
    I did until I upgraded away from the 4.3 os that came with the phone....also had a friend with the same problem, did the upgrade for them. and no more complaints!
    I want to say, "likewise", but considering that I upgraded to 4.5 within minutes of unboxing my Curve, I better not comment. I will say that I have no complaints on my battery life even with heavy use.
    09-09-08 08:45 PM
    Do either of you have any issues with the 4.5 beta?

09-11-08 07:30 PM
    I'm still holding onto my 8830 for the time being... well until my upgrade date next month then the wife and I will both have curves.

I wish there was more inside info floating around about the phones that C.South is coming out with - especially in regards to the Blackberries.

I do know that C.South is working on some sort of exclusive deal with an HTC touch screen/slider phone. They sent out a survey not long ago regarding naming the phone.

I wish I knew if they were coming out with the thunder/storm (whichever is cdma)... but my usb/charging port on my 8830 is barely holding on as it is - so I don't think I'll push my luck beyond next month
    09-11-08 09:31 PM
    Cellular South user here.....Grenada/Winona Area
    LOL seriously? I'm from there too... weird...
    09-11-08 09:42 PM
    do you need to upgrade your os system on a bb world edition? i have had my phone about 3 months now and was just curious. if so where do you do the upgrade?

also been with cell south since 1995 love it..from horn lake, ms
    09-12-08 01:06 PM
    For those of you that have upgraded to 4.5, are you able to watch videos on the mobile youtube site?

09-13-08 07:50 PM
    For those of you that have upgraded to 4.5, are you able to watch videos on the mobile youtube site?

haah i wish!! not even in an edvo area. i'm convinced that it is limited on the network side itself. the videos seemingly download, but that's as far as you get with 4.3 and 4.5
    09-13-08 09:48 PM
    Yea, I just upgraded to the 4.5 and was disappointed that youtube didn't work. Must be a csouth thing!

09-13-08 09:54 PM
    yup one asterisk that needs to go!
    09-14-08 02:25 PM
    Hi all, have been following Crackberry for some time now, but just stumbled on to the Cellular South thread. Reading all the threads kinda gives you the feeling of being on a deserted island with a BB in south MS, but I think that's all changing and I noticed a big advertising push with CS. I live in the Purvis area, just south of Hattiesburg. I've had the 8830 for a while and just upgraded to 4.5.0.77. No real problems detected, battery life is excellent and memory loss dosen't seem to exist. Youtube doesn't work on mine either. CellSouth seems to be comming around, more models of BB and better than average plans, hope they get on board with OS downloads instead of having to use the other providers. Glad to see ya'll are out there.
    09-18-08 01:40 PM
    It would be nice if we had somebody on the boards who worked with Cellular South and could tell us about upcoming models they're testing. I know I like to call into customer support but the majority of time they seem clueless - one person will say that they're not testing anything and the next will say they're testing the pearl or curve (this being a few months back).

I'd really like to get my hands on a storm and my bb8830 is on it's last leg and I'm needing to upgrade soon. Anyone --- anyone at all that knows whether or not Cellular South is eyeballing this phone for the near future?

*just completed a survey regarding their discovery center with a chance to win a blackberry curve - lol*
    09-18-08 05:48 PM
    i would like to have some help with cellular south and the bb messenger system...i am having all kinds of trouble trying to figure out how to add contacts...everyone i add stays in pending and never moves!!! HELP!!!!!
    09-19-08 02:35 PM
    Hey Trip, I had the same problem for awhile... then I figured out that unless you specify pin or email ...It will always add via email. I am not sure if this is the problem you are having but...

As far as new cells for CS... one of the reps here (yes, she seems creditable) said that one new berry is supposed to come out around thanksgiving, and Motorola is supposed to be producing a new smartphone as well. She let me see her update email lol A lot of new reg. phones are coming out too.. but ugh after a berry who would want that. LOL
    09-19-08 06:59 PM
    I hope we get the bold. I just renewed my contract so it will be another 2 years before i can upgrade. By then iam hoping they will have come out with another model.
    09-19-08 10:27 PM
    The bold will probably be awhile lol... AT&T Hasn't even got it yet and then they have to convert it to CDMA... There will be more of a chance of us getting the Storm since If I remember correctly it is being released first to Verizon, which also runs off CDMA. We shall see... I can't upgrade at a cheaper price until Next June, but if they come out with a really neat blackberry.. I might have to suck up the full price... I am a electronic junkie lol
    09-20-08 12:47 AM
    The bold will probably be awhile lol... AT&T Hasn't even got it yet and then they have to convert it to CDMA... There will be more of a chance of us getting the Storm since If I remember correctly it is being released first to Verizon, which also runs off CDMA. We shall see... I can't upgrade at a cheaper price until Next June, but if they come out with a really neat blackberry.. I might have to suck up the full price... I am a electronic junkie lol
    not sure if i'd say that. remember, there's no problem with the bold itself, but rather a problem with the bold working with att's network hence other carriers getting the jump on att because it works with their networks. so a cdma version may not be that far away. correct on the storm, i have solid info that csouth will be releasing a new bb device in time for the christmas holidays. my guess...the storm.
    09-20-08 09:54 AM
    not sure if i'd say that. remember, there's no problem with the bold itself, but rather a problem with the bold working with att's network hence other carriers getting the jump on att because it works with their networks. so a cdma version may not be that far away. correct on the storm, i have solid info that csouth will be releasing a new bb device in time for the christmas holidays. my guess...the storm.
    I also read a rumor that Verizon could be releasing the Bold early 2009. So its not entirely out of the question that CS could have the bold sometime next year.
    09-20-08 10:27 AM
    The storm def has my interest, have to try one first, as far as the bold I've gotten kinda use to the curve size... So I think a javelin/nigeria would be more to my style... I really want wifi!

09-22-08 09:54 PM
    Hi everyone! Long time lurker...first post!
    Does anyone out there know how c south coverage is compared to ATT (who I have had since 2000!!) in the panhandle area?
    Any info (especially c south vs ATT) would be VERY much appreciated!
    Thanks in advance, and Hope everyone has a great day!
    09-24-08 07:13 AM
137 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD