as a long time customer of rogers I must say they came through for me today.... I upgraded 4 Blackberries in June and resigned for three years (we all know 24 months for next upgrade) so I called retentions this morning Maurine asked how she could help, I simply stated that i would like the Torch 9800 she looked at my account and explained upgrade procedure to which i responded quite calmy, would you like to continue to have a satisfied rogers customer. She said yes and went back to check my account again, (i have everything with rogers Home phone, internet,cable and family plan of 4 BB's) my total monthly bill after retention credits is 320.00 Taxes included for all mentioned services... after looking at my account again Maurine asked if I would like to upgrade all of my newly purchased 9700's to the torch, to which i responded, if its no trouble yes i would WOOO HHHAAAAA 15 minutes later i had email confirmation that all 4 new torches had been sent out at the hardware upgrade price....

So it is possible just be nice to them....I hope this helps all the wannabee torch owners have a glimmer of hope...
    09-30-10 06:48 PM
    What's the hardware upgrade price?
    09-30-10 07:06 PM
    the price was $199
    09-30-10 07:16 PM
    What will you be doing will all those old bolds..? I'm assuming you'll be selling them? congrats!
    10-11-10 03:09 AM
    timsmish,

Congrats on the deal, but I'll suggest it has more to do with the fact that you had 3 smartphones and a combined, bundled bill of $320/month - and the fact that you contacted Retentions rather than a bog-standard Sales CSR - rather than any intended largesse from Rogers. Rather than risk losing any enthusiasm for Rogers (read: looking at the Competition and your options), Retentions did its job.

Still, good on you.
    10-11-10 09:48 AM
    They really do rock!! I've been a client for some time now and I called and gave me a great plan (200mins, 100megs data, unlim. incoming, vm/call display, uma, 2500 txts, and some more perks) all for $50/month plus an early upgrade to a torch!!! Im getting it next week, cant wait!! They finally came through!
    10-14-10 04:55 PM
    I ended up getting 250 minutes, weeknights after 6 pm, call display vm, 2500 text messages, 100 LD minutes, unlimited incoming and 6 gb data plan, i think there was something else but cant recall. for 55 dollars.
    10-14-10 08:27 PM
    excuse my ignorance please, but what is "rogers retentions"? is it a different number to call than just their 800 number? If someone could enlighten me I'd really appreciate it. thanks!
    10-15-10 12:25 AM
    It's a number Rogers redirects you when you call claiming you would like to cancelle your plan. I did the same thing and got a sick plan I love it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-16-10 04:01 PM
    I tried calling retentions twice this month to get the Torch this month, no go Gotta wait til January 2012 for a hardware upgrade.
    10-17-10 09:56 AM
    ^If they don't believe that you will actually cancel, you won't have much luck. Factors such as your amount of time with Rogers, average monthly bill, multiple lines and services also plays a factor. You threaten to cancel your wireless, internet, TV and home phone and mean it...they will bend over backwards for you. If you are in your first contract with them, have one line, no other services with them and spend less than $50/month...you are SOL.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-20-10 09:47 PM
    Is there a direct Retentions number to call?
    10-25-10 02:40 PM
    Yes but when it gets posted it gets abused... Then they change it and we all lose... offering to cancel when you call the 800 # has the same effect
    10-25-10 06:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD