hey everyone... so Rogers is at it again, new upgrade policy. The 2 year upgrade policy no longer exists. The policy now depends on what type of device you currently use to determines when you are able to upgrade your phone. You can now upgrade your phone early, but this is usually a very costly option.

Also, be very wary of customer service reps over the telephone telling you that you are eligible to upgrade and to go to a store to pick up the device. As per the new policy, all customers will be eligible to upgrade but many reps fail to mention the atrocious early upgrade fee attached to that eligibility. Not to mention the $35 administration fee attached to almost all upgrades which again, is neglected to be mentioned.

For more details on the policy, check out:

What You Want When You Want It: Upgrade Early with Rogers | Rogers RedBoard
    05-16-11 03:36 PM
    ya they told me about the upgrades the other day, they said anytime after 6 months but 20 bucks for each early month.
    If you have been a customer for a while they usually waive the admin fee.

I have been with them so long they will never charge me the admin fee. It's nice too because I was able to upgrade after a year when that 2 year policy was in place
    05-16-11 03:51 PM
    I actually like the upgrade plan they have given, it allows easier calculations when comparing a buy out or a full retail purchase.

Bell my previous primary carrier did not offer nearly as easy to understand upgrade options, Early upgrades ranged from 50-150 off the price of the phone, and it wasn't consistent
    05-16-11 08:15 PM
    NO Mobile company should even be charging for phones , they get there money back and then some through plans... its bs operations. if they offered a service
    lock in for 2 years and give us phones for free .. something better then the crap we're offered... need more competion.
    05-18-11 09:53 PM
    So Hold on if i've been with rogers for a long time i wouldnt have to pay those 20 or 15 dollars a month? Because I REALLY WANT the bold 9900 and i was wondering if i could just re-new the contract and pay the 199.99 or something
    05-19-11 09:23 PM
    it all depends on who you talk to. You will definitely need to speak to retentions and even then it all depends on who you get. Some reps will give you everything and then some while others will do absolutely nothing for you and tell you to cancel. The longer you've been with rogers the better chance you have. At the same time tho, if your only a year in, they can be sticklers about allowing you to do the upgrade with no extra charges ie. early upgrade fee or administration fee.
    05-21-11 05:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD