I have the 6gb data plan. I cannot remember if i need to use the APN settings for anything.

When does someone need to use the APN?

Thanks
    03-08-09 06:56 PM
    I have the 6gb data plan. I cannot remember if i need to use the APN settings for anything.

When does someone need to use the APN?

Thanks
    I downloaded Nobex Radio Companion, some programs wont work without the apn settings. When i called rogers they told me the blackberrys dont need apn settings cause they have a work around....but said "if" i needed them then i could put them in.

these are the settings if you want to put them in.

Apn - internet.com
    U- wapuser1
    p- wap
    03-09-09 05:14 PM
    I downloaded Nobex Radio Companion, some programs wont work without the apn settings. When i called rogers they told me the blackberrys dont need apn settings cause they have a work around....but said "if" i needed them then i could put them in.

these are the settings if you want to put them in.

Apn - internet.com
    U- wapuser1
    p- wap
    There are many applications that will require the APN settings to be entered. The rep you spoke with at the Rogers Call center has no idea what he's talking about LOL
    03-11-09 10:28 AM
    I'm also with Rogers and having trouble with Flycast. It says .....unable to connect with APN settings and it has an issue with IT policy. Help please!!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

03-11-09 10:42 AM
    I'm also with Rogers and having trouble with Flycast. It says .....unable to connect with APN settings and it has an issue with IT policy. Help please!!!!

Options --> Advanced --> TCP. The APN is internet.com. Leave everything else blank.
    03-11-09 01:51 PM
    I've tried it several times and it still doesn't work. Thanks anyway.
    03-11-09 05:09 PM
    I've tried it several times and it still doesn't work. Thanks anyway.
    My 9000 works both with just the "APN Settings Enabled" box checked but "APN:" left blank, and "APN Settings Enabled" box checked but "APN:" filled with "internet.com".

Either way it works.
    03-12-09 05:47 PM
    after playing around with it for an hour...it finally works!
    03-25-09 01:02 AM
    radio companion is working for me with the internet.com setting
    03-25-09 12:55 PM
    Unrelated but anyone know if putting APN settings in for a Telus 8330 will make Moodio.fm work? Keep getting the unsupported format error so I'm guessing not.
    02-11-10 07:57 PM
    If anyone's wondering, supplement to Jsolts' post with the Rogers APN login info, where you would put it would be MENU -> Options -> Advanced Options -> TCP.

Cheers,

Marrrl
    03-25-10 02:34 PM
    Changing the APN settings fixed it for me.
    08-21-10 01:47 PM
    Anyone using the team 1040 radio app?

Trying to get it to work with my Torch 9800 and can't getting working, I've tried all variations of the APN settings with internet.com and blank user and pass.

I'm thinking this information might be out of date?
    10-07-10 12:25 PM
    you guys KICK ***!!! i have called Rogers 5 times and every time they told me something different....get a new sim card, take out the battery, clear cache, and then the last guy tells me well rogers can't guarantee that internet radio will work at all!! your streaming data will only work 50%

BULL%%%% i entered the apn settings listed here and WOW everything works great...thanks so much......(Options --> Advanced --> TCP. The APN is internet.com)

Rogers techs YOU SUCK! wow you guys suck
    10-09-10 12:33 PM
    Just curious what were the benefits of unlocking the APN? I've got my Blackberry 9100 3G unlocked from Bell Wireless & it's working fine on the Rogers Wireless Network. APN is still enabled and indicates "pda.bell.ca"

The only issue I've had with this unit is when I try to d/l the My Account app I get download failed "907 invalid COD"
    curve8310 likes this.
    01-22-11 11:42 AM
    Here is one to try where hot spot isn't connecting

Force 2G, launch hotspot, connect, go back to 3G and it will remain connected

11-25-11 04:43 PM
    Changing to 2G, launched hotspot, connect, and go back to 3g worked like a charm!!! that's awesome I been trying to figure this out for quite a long time and this is the only thing that has worked. Thank yoU!!!!!!!!!
    11-27-11 12:01 PM
    Thanks for the great tips... worked for a friend of mine.
    12-16-11 03:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD