$15 / month gives you access to Email and Integrated Facebook Application

Gives you 1.5MB with a overage rate of $10 per additional MB

1.5 MB of Data allows customer to do either of one of the following:

- 375 Email sent/received/forward (based on 4kb per email)
    - or 1000 Facebook status updates/posts/pokes (based on 1.5 kb per event)
    - or 60 photo uploads (25kb per photo)
    - or 30 WAP web pages via Rogers Browser (50kb per WAP web page)
    - or 15 HTML web pages via BlackBerry Internet Browser (100kb per HTML page)

it's available monthly or on a 1,2 or 3 year term

What I love is that it's eligible for the 3 months unlimited email and web browsing promo on their 3 year terms.
    01-31-08 02:25 PM
    This is a B.S. plan! I'd rather stick with my Personal E-Mail on Blackberry with Opera (shhhh!)
    01-31-08 02:39 PM
    I prefer the $15 email and IM with the om4 to get unlimited browsing ;-)
    01-31-08 02:40 PM
    Its another teaser rate plan from Rogers. Like the $15 email/im, get people hooked on the BB, and then drooling for more, upgrading to the standard BB data package.

But with this one, I can see way to many people going over that 1.5MB. I really don't think that is enough at all. Its not like Rogers doesn't have the bandwidth, but what they are saving it for, I don't know.

I hope this isn't a rogers ploy to get more money from overages.
    01-31-08 11:04 PM
    I think it's just like you said Bender. Let's give people a taste of BB Data and they will droll for more. Man, Rogers really does market their Crack well!!!
    02-01-08 07:06 AM
    I don't get it.... Mr rogers there has BILLIONS of dolllars, through every possible communication service, plus his other businesses such as the rogers centre - yet he doesn't give anyone a break.

But on the flip side of it, since living in ontario/canada is expensive, and they see people will pay for data to run businesses they say *hey why not* it sucks a joke! We need to start our own mobile carrier and take down rogers!!!! Haha

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-01-08 08:29 AM
    I have a friend who always complains about being gouged. The truth is Rogers can charge what it wants because the consumers will pay for it. But that's an argument for another forum.
    02-01-08 08:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD