Ok i now have perfectly working PUSH email (instant) with Gmail IMAP and rogers.

Heres how to fix it.

1. Disable POP in Gmail
    2. Enable IMAP in gmail
    3. log into rogers.blackberry.com and delete your email account in the BIS
    3. In your blackberry delete all the service books (Options > Advanced Options > Service Book >[Select each service book one by one, Press the Menu button and select "Delete", You will not be able to deleted the "Provisioning [PROVISIONING] service book]
    4. Battery Pull (This removes the service books from the active memory) - Wait for the BB to load back up.
    5. Log back into rogers.blackberry.com and recreate your email and filters (To prevent your sent items from coming back as new emails create a Filter that says: Do not send to device if From field is [your email address] - Press Save
    6. Resend the service books to your BB through the rogers.blackberry.com BIS settings
    (preform the steps in the order given)
    You will get an email that says your email address has been set up.

Give it 20min to set everything up.

And your golden.

Please let me know how it goes.

Note: If you have POP and IMAP turned on in Gmail there will be a conflict issue and you will have speratic email dlievery, and you will only get 30% of your emails. See this thread for more details: http://forums.crackberry.com/f73/any...h-email-26891/ This will show some experiments i did which lead to me getting Gmail IMAP working properly.

***Also another another note, from some stuff i read, providers other than Rogers may not have PUSH IMAP.
    Apparently Rogers and Google has some sort of deal in place that provides instant Push IMAP.

Please let me know if your not part of rogers and you can get PUSH (instant) IMAP from gmail and your service provider is not Rogers

In Regard to Email Reconciliation (Sync Deleted items and read items between BB and Gmail Server)
    The steps provided above does not give you Email reconciliation with Gmail and BB.

Email Reconciliation:
    To get Email Reconciliation working you need to have "Synchronize deleted items between this mailbox and my device." checked in your rogers.blackberry.com Email BIS settings.

1. Log into rogers.blackberry.com
    2. Press the edit button on the email account you want to reconcile with
    3. Make sure the check box is checked that says "Synchronize deleted items between this mailbox and my device"
    3. Press save

Settings for Blackberry Email Reconciliation as recommend by google (Settings to use on blackberry):
    Delete On: Mailbox & Handheld
    Wireless Reconcile: On
    On Conflicts: Mailbox Wins
    NOTE: Other option is to set "Delete On:" to "Handheld" only. This is because currently when we delete using the Mailbox and Handheld it places the email in the trash on gmail rather than archive.

Also.

There is another way to set up your Gmail IMAP.
    If you are using a new email that you have not used the BB before then continue. But if you want to fix your current email, and the above steps did not work. Try these steps. These are provided on the Gmail support site. They will actually give you more options in your BIS email settings:

You want to start from step 5, which takes place in the BIS at rogers.blackberry.com
    Gmail Support - Blackberry IMAP settings

I tested the Google support way as well as my way and they both worked right away. But try my way as it seemed the steps I took seemed to make the BB email arrive faster (only by 20 to 60 seconds faster but still faster)
    Last edited by Rayford Booth; 03-29-09 at 02:54 AM. Reason: UPDATE
    03-30-08 07:51 PM
    quick question, how instant was the push mail?
    03-30-08 08:58 PM
    I got the email on the BB before i saw it on the computer with seconds
    03-30-08 09:01 PM
    Nice work, I will try your steps right now.
    03-30-08 09:06 PM
    How did it go?
    03-31-08 06:18 AM
    Hmm, I want to know, with this method, do the emails in GMail get marked as read, if read on the BlackBerry?

This is why I like Yahoo!, albeit I don't use it...
    03-31-08 07:55 AM
    Read the Updated section of the First post.

Long story short.
    Yes. But you need to turn on the "synchronize deleted items between this mailbox and my device." in your BIS settings in [service provider].blackberry.com

Its all in the first post of this thread
    03-31-08 07:59 AM
    I did read your post, but didn't see anything about 'mark as read'. Maybe I wasn't reading clearly...

Nonetheless, I'm on T-Mobile, and will test this, regardless...

Update: thus far, 9 minutes to deliver an email. Albeit it DID mark as read on the GMail account, as we as on my BlackBerry...
    Last edited by anon(153966); 03-31-08 at 08:43 AM. Reason: ...added a note.
    03-31-08 08:41 AM
    Ok, IMAP obviously isn't for me. Been waiting 10-15 minutes for my email...

Not good, albeit I like having my emails mark as read automatically...
    03-31-08 08:57 AM
    I have updated the first post to note that Rogers and Google apparently have some sort of deal that gives PUSH email to Gmail IMAP users who are apart of Rogers.

So the 9 minutes may be coming from the fact your with T-Mobile. Did you go through all the steps i listed in the first post? In order?
    03-31-08 08:58 AM
    I did, and I do believe you're correct, i.e respect to the deal between Google & Rogers...

Nonetheless, thanks for the 'tips'...
    03-31-08 09:09 AM
    I did, and I do believe you're correct, i.e respect to the deal between Google & Rogers...

Nonetheless, thanks for the 'tips'...

Give the Google Support way a try and see what happens
    03-31-08 09:11 AM
    I tried your steps out but there are still 7-10 minute delays.. did you manually configure the settings (i.e. provided info such as imap server address and port)?
    03-31-08 10:41 AM
    I just did it to my BB and everything seems to be working fine... so far.
    but only time will tell
    03-31-08 11:10 AM
    Hello,
    I'm also with Rogers and have started experiencing problems with Gmail. So annoyed. And Rogers reps have no clue what's going on.

Anyway, I'd love to give this a try, BUT how do i remove the "service books" and what are they? where can I find them?

Thanks,
    anooshka
    03-31-08 11:14 AM
    You can find the Service books in:
    Options>Advanced Options> Service books

Then delete each one. The provisioning serivce book you wont need to delete.

As for the current satus of IMAP. Since i reported it working using the Fix i created, i still have perfect INSTANT PUSH Email under Gmail IMAP
    03-31-08 12:07 PM
    OK. I see where the service books are now. Thanks.
    How would I re-add them? is that easy to do?
    03-31-08 12:21 PM
    Read the steps. You send the service books in the BIS settings. On the left there is a Service books button and then you click "send serivce books"
    03-31-08 12:29 PM
    I just did it to my BB and everything seems to be working fine... so far.
    but only time will tell
    How it working?
    03-31-08 01:43 PM
    My IMAP is still working perfectly
    03-31-08 05:30 PM
    So is this working for other people?
    04-01-08 12:55 PM
    Alright, so after a day of emails nothing has worked to well for me. It still has a delay. WHich isnt a big deal since I use my BB for personal use.
    04-01-08 10:32 PM
    Ok well there must be something you have not done. You following my instructions exactly?

Cause i have Instant email delivery.

You posted at 1132. I got the BB email at 1132 and the email came through on the computer at 1132
    04-01-08 10:35 PM
    You sure POP is turned off in Gmail?
    04-01-08 10:37 PM
    How long is the delay?
    Is the delay always the same amount of time?
    Do you receive every email?
    04-01-08 10:40 PM
117 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD