So can anybody tell me when verizon is going to release the 4.5 software for the curve??? Dont get me wrong, I have no complaints with my service but I am getting tired of waiting! So if anyone has any idea....... I would sure love to know!!!
    09-05-08 12:22 AM
    Nothing announced by Verizon
    09-05-08 12:23 AM
    thanks but it is getting hard to wait! I have been wanting to do the upgrade for a while now!
    09-05-08 12:26 AM
    I emailed their tech support and got their stock reply. "At this time, we are unable to state if or when the version 4.5 will be offered for our Blackberry devices. We understand and apologize for any frustration"...blah blah blah! Any insiders out there?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-05-08 12:30 AM
    Can one update the OS with a non-OEM version? Do you invalidate the warranty if you do this?

Also if you update the OS don't you have to update the device manager and desktop manager on your PC to a higher veriosn too? These software would only be supplied by Verizon and not RIM correct? I am very new to BB so forgive me. I am not tryig to bump this thread.
    Last edited by Bob Vance; 09-05-08 at 07:16 AM.
    09-05-08 07:04 AM
    No, you don't need to upgrade DM at the same time.

BETA releases of 4.5 have been posted in countless places. Get it and run it if you don't want to wait. That what everyone else does.

You can get whatever version of DM you want from RIM's site. You don't have to wait on slow poke Verizon to release anything.
    09-05-08 10:19 AM
    ya and if you don't like it down grade back i upgraded my curve and the wife she had problems with recording video when trying to send mms so i down graded back to 4.3
    09-05-08 11:16 AM
    No, you don't need to upgrade DM at the same time.

BETA releases of 4.5 have been posted in countless places. Get it and run it if you don't want to wait. That what everyone else does.

You can get whatever version of DM you want from RIM's site. You don't have to wait on slow poke Verizon to release anything.
    JRSCCivic98,

There is no official 4.5 release as of yet? I am two weeks into this phone. Forgive me.

Also, I needed to download a device manager after I installed the DM (seems to be an frequent issue as it did not install with the CD). I take it the 4.3 device manager will work with new non-OEM OS? Also, If I back up phone beforehand with old OS will it downgrade the updated phone back to 4.3 should I recover this backup "image"?

Thanks for your help

Bob
    09-05-08 01:37 PM
    is there anything out beyond 4.5.0.77?
    09-05-08 08:55 PM
    You know I like 4.5 I know it's beta but still it's increased my enjoyment of my BB like 5 fold.
    09-05-08 10:44 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/new...-0-66-a-68466/

this is an official release from us cellular it will work fine on your device just follow the instructions linked in the thread
    09-05-08 10:58 PM
    Expect 4.5 to be out by next September or beyond.

They have bigger worries iPlop to try to compete with.

Grr

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-09-08 08:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD