Twins asked that the VZW Deal Of The Day thread be limited to just posting the deals without discussion, so I'm starting a thread to ask about today's VZW deal of the day.

I noticed that today's deal is for a router for $14.99. I've been wanting to purchase one for my mom, however, I am not sure if she needs to have VZ service or what.

Does she only need to have cable or internet service with her cable company to get this?

And what is the difference between "G" and "N" and will it make a difference in her being able to surf the web if she has this router?

Please answer quickly. I just logged on and saw this and the deal will be up at 12pm!!!! (Sorry to rush)
    11-06-09 09:44 AM
    First off , I believe Twins stated to keep any discussion to the deal of the day. Not that there be no discussion.

The biggest differnece is the distance which you can take a wireless device from the router. "N" has a greater distance. She will browse with either, even an old "B" generation router.

I have a 3300 sq foot house and have no problem with a G router.
    11-06-09 09:55 AM
    First off , I believe Twins stated to keep any discussion to the deal of the day. Not that there be no discussion.

The biggest differnece is the distance which you can take a wireless device from the router. "N" has a greater distance. She will browse with either, even an old "B" generation router.

I have a 3300 sq foot house and have no problem with a G router.

Thanks for your reply, Lastraid.

I just didn't wanna get stomped on, ya know? LOL!

So what about her ISP? She currently has "internet" service through her cable company. Is that all she needs in order to have the router work for her?
    11-06-09 10:00 AM
    Thanks for your reply, Lastraid.

I just didn't wanna get stomped on, ya know? LOL!

So what about her ISP? She currently has "internet" service through her cable company. Is that all she needs in order to have the router work for her?
    The only reason she would need the router is to be able to hook multiple device and use one internet connection. Also router cand be use for multiple device within a home network, to allow multiple device to share printers and such.

But yes, she would hook her modem to the router, then connect all other equipment to the router. This can be done wireless or there are 4 available ethernet port or wired attachment
    11-06-09 10:03 AM
    The only reason she would need the router is to be able to hook multiple device and use one internet connection. Also router cand be use for multiple device within a home network, to allow multiple device to share printers and such.

But yes, she would hook her modem to the router, then connect all other equipment to the router. This can be done wireless or there are 4 available ethernet port or wired attachment

Thanks so much. I have it in my shopping cart, ready to go.

I appreciate your help. For me to be a "wanna be" techie, I'm really not so much tech savvy. LOL!

Thanks again.
    11-06-09 10:05 AM
    Thanks so much. I have it in my shopping cart, ready to go.

I appreciate your help. For me to be a "wanna be" techie, I'm really not so much tech savvy. LOL!

Thanks again.
    The more you do and research, you to will get there.
    11-06-09 10:08 AM
    I said discussion elsewhere - so this is a great idea & I will incorporate a link to this thread in future postings - beginning today.

Start getting discussion in that type of thread & the actual deals get lost.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-06-09 10:19 AM
    Got my order in! Been looking around for a router for my gf's dorm, for $15 you can't really beat that.. Thanks for the heads up.
    11-06-09 10:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD