does vzw still have the policy that as long as the tracking number shows that I dropped the phone off at fed ex the phone is no longer my responsibility?
    06-17-09 08:47 PM
    No idea, but if you can prove that someone other than you lost it (Fed-Ex, for example) they'll be more forgiving.

Also, you could talk to them about them honoring their insurance if they've lost it. While I don't know about Fed-Ex, I know UPS gives you an insurance amount of XXX amount of dollars automatically (I don't remember the actual amount). So if they've lost it, perhaps they'll honor the insurance up to the amount VZW will charge?
    06-17-09 08:51 PM
    it hasnt been lost yet.... getting a warranty replacement to my pearl sent to me tomorrow... a couple years ago....... I had a warranty replacement sent to me and the rep at the store told me that... but I dont trust that its true so I am just asking
    06-17-09 08:52 PM
    When you return a device to VZW via fedex, ALWAYS! keep a copy of the paperwork and the tracking number
    06-17-09 09:07 PM
    When you return a device to VZW via fedex, ALWAYS! keep a copy of the paperwork and the tracking number
    you didnt answer the question.... as long as the phone is entered into the fedex system, i wont be held accountable if they lose it correct?
    06-17-09 09:12 PM
    you didnt answer the question.... as long as the phone is entered into the fedex system, i wont be held accountable if they lose it correct?
    Basically, you are correct. Unless they receive a sealed empty box (I've never heard of that actually happening though).
    Last edited by gvillager; 06-17-09 at 10:50 PM. Reason: for clarification
    06-17-09 10:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD