So I got this thing in the mail from verizon... something about being a vip member........ anyone else get this? you get like some percentage off all accessories everytime you buy them, a 1 time use per yr freebie type thing for if you go over on your minutes... and i some other small crap.....
    08-14-08 01:54 AM
    So I got this thing in the mail from verizon... something about being a vip member........ anyone else get this? you get like some percentage off all accessories everytime you buy them, a 1 time use per yr freebie type thing for if you go over on your minutes... and i some other small crap.....
    Yeah i got one too... not sure if i'm even going to use it or not, but i doubt we are vip members in their eyes... just a promo probably...
    08-14-08 02:32 AM
    Yeah i got one too... not sure if i'm even going to use it or not, but i doubt we are vip members in their eyes... just a promo probably...
    Its a program that stays on your account so for example if you went into the store and bought a case when you give them your cell number the system will populate 25% off or the $50 off when you upgrade

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-14-08 04:19 AM
    Its a program that stays on your account so for example if you went into the store and bought a case when you give them your cell number the system will populate 25% off or the $50 off when you upgrade

Hmm... interesting... so do you get one or the other, or both? I know i got one in the mail, just didn't pay much attention to it... good to know though...
    08-14-08 04:30 AM
    I use it when I buy accessories in the store. gave me 30% off my screen protector last night
    08-14-08 06:00 AM
    So, how do you get on their VIP list? I have a friend who's always behind in his payments, and is not really a great customer, and HE's on it. But, me, with my family share plan, and a perfect on-time payment record, and so on, nada.
    08-14-08 06:37 AM
    It's the program that replaces merits, if you pay your bill on time and it's over like $79.99 per month you automatically are enrolled, (there's a couple other conditions, but it's been a couple months since I got the stuff).
    The sweet parts are a yearly upgrade on your primary line @ 2 year contract price WITH another $50 off, plus no activation fees.
    Kinda a nice perk

08-14-08 09:20 AM
    good customer retention method
    08-14-08 01:46 PM
    We got this too, I dont know how they figure out who is VIP or not but I will take the discounts

08-15-08 09:57 AM
    You also get FREE phonebook transfers between phones and they waive the $20.00 fee to move phones around on your account.
    08-16-08 07:31 AM
    You also get FREE phonebook transfers between phones and they waive the $20.00 fee to move phones around on your account.

I don't get VIP mailings, and I never get charged for moving phones around and also get FREE phonebook transfers when I do change phones around. I use the my Verizon and that is why I am told I get to do that, but no VIP mailings.
    08-16-08 10:18 AM
    I also got one of those. I figured it was just a way to get me to buy accessories from them.

08-16-08 11:28 AM
    VIP is for customers that have a monthly access of $79.99 (for the past 6 months) or higher.

Benefits are:
    Annual upgrade with $50 equipment discount
    25% off accessories
    No fees (activation fees and device iniation fees)
    Free shipping
    Proactive usage alerts
    100% credit for overage once per enrollment year

There are some other benefits as well. it looks like a good program!
    Last edited by chrisy520; 08-16-08 at 01:34 PM.
    08-16-08 11:52 AM
    Does anyone know if your on the former Merits program does it transfer to the Vip status because I think they took away my Merits benefits and now I'm kinda mad.
    08-16-08 12:08 PM
    Does anyone know if your on the former Merits program does it transfer to the Vip status because I think they took away my Merits benefits and now I'm kinda mad.
    if you qualify for the VIP you will be enrolled. there are requirements you have to meet.

your account cannot be past-due and you must be 79.99 monthly access (for the past 6 months) or higher are some requirements.
    Last edited by chrisy520; 08-16-08 at 01:36 PM.
    08-16-08 01:26 PM
    It's the program that replaces merits, if you pay your bill on time and it's over like $79.99 per month you automatically are enrolled, (there's a couple other conditions, but it's been a couple months since I got the stuff).
    The sweet parts are a yearly upgrade on your primary line @ 2 year contract price WITH another $50 off, plus no activation fees.
    Kinda a nice perk

08-16-08 02:25 PM
    I got the vip announcement as well- did i understand you correctly when you said this allows for a yearly up grade at the two year price with another $50 savings? That sounds interesting to me!!

08-16-08 02:28 PM
    two more questions about this- do you have to hang on to the card, and the website says i am not eligible for an upgrade until may 2009 even though i am more than 12 months into my contract.... will this be in my records so they will give me the discounted price? Thanks.
    08-16-08 02:46 PM
    two more questions about this- do you have to hang on to the card, and the website says i am not eligible for an upgrade until may 2009 even though i am more than 12 months into my contract.... will this be in my records so they will give me the discounted price? Thanks.
    VIP status, if you're eligible, is noted in the account itself.

If you are going to do an anual upgrade you need to call customer care for that.
    Last edited by chrisy520; 08-16-08 at 03:10 PM.
    08-16-08 02:56 PM
    I got the vip announcement as well- did i understand you correctly when you said this allows for a yearly up grade at the two year price with another $50 savings? That sounds interesting to me!!

Yes, you did understand me correctly. 2 year price, plus an additional $50 off, and no activation fee, yearly, but only on the primary line of the account.

I talked to regular customer service (#611) and they had my account noted.
    The phone # on the card I got in the mail is 800-220-1615..
    08-16-08 03:28 PM
    I got this card as well. On my card it says only valid through a date in February 2009. Anyone else have this date?
    08-26-08 03:33 PM
    I got this card as well. On my card it says only valid through a date in February 2009. Anyone else have this date?
    I believe that is for the 'Special one-time Overage Protection Credit'. I am not able to upgrade until Nov. of 09, maybe this will help with the cost of the Thunder!
    08-26-08 04:05 PM
    I believe the 28th of Feb was the expire date on all the cards, at least that's what I heard and seen. I loove the yearly upgrade, now if they could just keep up on the releases.

08-26-08 08:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD