Bolds out of stock, tours in stock.
    06-25-10 01:34 AM
    To my surprise I got the shipping information email this morning despite what the rep said. 1lb. from Fort Worth = refurb Tour
    06-25-10 04:20 AM
    sent my wife a replacement tour (she ACTUALLY had issues and they told her she was getting a bold, but seems they went through their stock of those pretty fast) anyways refurb tour is here and guess what trackball is starting to stick on her (wont go up and down 100% of the time!) I want to call in but I Dont want to be counted with boldgate and vzw think I am just trying to get a bold for her.
    06-25-10 08:46 AM
    Does anyone elses screen on the bold sit "recessed" and not flush with the buttons and trackpad? It might be the new design but I was just wondering
    06-25-10 09:36 AM
    Wow, just realized my FRU Bold doesn't have a camera. Silly Verizon...
    06-25-10 10:02 AM
    Ok I have posted my updates on the tour/bold receipt throughout this crazy week.. Quick rundown, originally on my 5th tour, called up monday and they sent me a refurbished tour.. No problems until I turned the phone on, trackpad was worse.. immediately sent it back. Called again and told them about my plight, they offered the bold to me. Yet, they stated there were none in stock. Said they would call as soon as they got them in. I called again yesterday, same thing. They have bolds without cameras but none with.
    Basically I am wondering if anyone has been sent a bold within the past two days or if they really are out of them. The CSR did say they had 413 tours in stock...
    Sorry for the grammatical errors, I burnt my hand lastnight and my left hand is wrapped up!
    06-25-10 10:02 AM
    Ok I have posted my updates on the tour/bold receipt throughout this crazy week.. Quick rundown, originally on my 5th tour, called up monday and they sent me a refurbished tour.. No problems until I turned the phone on, trackpad was worse.. immediately sent it back. Called again and told them about my plight, they offered the bold to me. Yet, they stated there were none in stock. Said they would call as soon as they got them in. I called again yesterday, same thing. They have bolds without cameras but none with.
    Basically I am wondering if anyone has been sent a bold within the past two days or if they really are out of them. The CSR did say they had 413 tours in stock...
    Sorry for the grammatical errors, I burnt my hand lastnight and my left hand is wrapped up!
    Just called yesterday about my replacement Bold having the trackpad tilt problem. They told me they were sending me a new one with camera in 2-3 days. It probably depends where your call is answered, but as of this time yesterday they had Bolds with camera in stock.
    06-25-10 10:32 AM
    Just called yesterday about my replacement Bold having the trackpad tilt problem. They told me they were sending me a new one with camera in 2-3 days. It probably depends where your call is answered, but as of this time yesterday they had Bolds with camera in stock.
    Thank you very much.. Do you know what warehouse it was shipped from?
    06-25-10 10:44 AM
    Wow, just realized my FRU Bold doesn't have a camera. Silly Verizon...
    Must have had the nicest CSR on the planet. He's sending a brand new retail Bold 9650 w/ camera overnight (for Monday delivery)!
    06-25-10 10:48 AM
    Thank you very much.. Do you know what warehouse it was shipped from?
    Looks like it was shipped out of Memphis, and is a 2lb package. This is where my first replacement was out of, and was a NIB Bold. If you can somehow get your call to be answered in this warehouse, they should have the Bold w/ camera in stock.
    06-25-10 10:59 AM
    Wife had a crap trackball since purchasing October 2009 and I finally convinced her to call this week. Sent her a refurb Tour with an equally poor trackball. She called today and is getting a Bold sent overnight for Saturday delivery.

Coincidentally, I must have the rare Tour with a trackball that never sticks. Mine is smooth while hers felt like it was rolling in glue. Guess I have to stick it out!
    06-25-10 11:56 AM
    I just got my new Bold 9650 in a retail box. =] I genuinely was having trackball problems with my Tour for the last few months as well as it randomly cutting off so I don't feel I abused the system. I just got lucky and I'm stoked.
    06-25-10 12:33 PM
    Called Wednesday, and finally got my two Tours replaced with two Bolds. Boxes came from Memphis, TN and they both had accessories and blue dot.
    I called Verizon - and they said I only had to mail the Tours back and I could keep the accessories.
    I also made them aware of the replacement Bolds having 'crooked' trackpads. They are raised on the left, and recessed on the right lower than the rest of the keypad. Verizon rep said if they become an issue I can call back or go to the store and get another replacement.
    I am going to give the new Bolds a shot over the weekend and possibly get those replaced next week due to the crooked trackpad if it becomes an annoyance, but overall I am very excited to get rid of these Tours!
    06-25-10 12:47 PM
    Just recieved 2lb box from Ontario. Blue Dot, Brand NIB Bold!
    06-25-10 01:14 PM
    How is it that people are still getting bolds yet they are telling me they have none in stock. They sent me to a store, the store told me they never spoke to the CSR. Then they told me nothing was wrong with my Tour even though the charger only worked when the guy held it in, oh and it took him 3-4 swipes to get across the screen. I know I sound like a spoiled child, but when the women offers me a bold without me asking and then they begin to give me the run-around it kind of gets me...
    06-25-10 01:15 PM
    Wife had a crap trackball since purchasing October 2009 and I finally convinced her to call this week. Sent her a refurb Tour with an equally poor trackball. She called today and is getting a Bold sent overnight for Saturday delivery.
    She called today? And they said they were out of Tours? And that she would be getting a Bold Saturday? I called last Friday and got a Tour, refused to sign for FedEx and asked them to return to sender. The last 2 days, every time I call they have FRU Tours in stock.

Is there any way to check FRU inventory online?
    06-25-10 01:36 PM
    Called this morning to talk about trackball and screen lock issue my phone has had for two days. They offered me the Bold without me even saying anything. Should be here Thursday, package coming from Memphis, TN 2 lbs.
    Got mine a day later than it should have been. FedEx attempted to deliver it to the wrong door. I got a FRU Bold with all of the accessories. Was told I'd get just the phone.

The track pad is not flush. The bottom left corner is slightly higher than the rest but it doesn't bother me at this point.
    06-25-10 01:43 PM
    hey guys do I need to send back a memory card in the phone? I got the full retail package, may I keep both? Is all I need to send back the actual phone, no battery, no battery door, no memory card? thanks a lot
    06-25-10 02:12 PM
    To those who have received tilted trackpads: have you noticed any problems? I haven't had issues with navigation around the OS, but inside applications - specifically opera - it has been rough. I had to call and replace my Bold hoping that the problem will cease.
    06-25-10 02:14 PM
    There is an issue with Opera on the new Bold. It just doesn't work well with the trackpad.
    06-25-10 02:31 PM
    hey guys do I need to send back a memory card in the phone? I got the full retail package, may I keep both? Is all I need to send back the actual phone, no battery, no battery door, no memory card? thanks a lot
    Just the PHONE BODY - nothing else. Keep battery door, card, sim, battery, charger, cords, holster, etc.
    06-25-10 02:55 PM
    thanks a lot F2!
    06-25-10 03:00 PM
    Well my "bold" just arrived. But it was a tour, even though the rep specifically told me I was getting a bold. Looks like verizon will be getting a phone call from me tonight

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-25-10 03:09 PM
    I got my bold today! When I talked to the CSR on Wed she told me it'd just be a phone that I'd received. I checked my tracking status and it said it was coming from PA with a weight of 1lb. When I opened the box I had a replacement bold but in the box with all the accessories and a blue dot! The only problem I've noticed is that trackpad isn't flush. I'm going to try it out for a few days and see if it bothers me. If it does, will VZW replace it with another bold?
    06-25-10 03:15 PM
    I got my bold today! When I talked to the CSR on Wed she told me it'd just be a phone that I'd received. I checked my tracking status and it said it was coming from PA with a weight of 1lb. When I opened the box I had a replacement bold but in the box with all the accessories and a blue dot! The only problem I've noticed is that trackpad isn't flush. I'm going to try it out for a few days and see if it bothers me. If it does, will VZW replace it with another bold?
    That is an issue for Bold. There's a thread on the 9650 forum with pictures. The only way to know for sure is to ask if they'll replace it.
    06-25-10 03:24 PM
2,047 ... 6970717273 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD